• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 6th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's something we didn't even announce in "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”)--a stage from Yoshi's Woolly World. This stage was added and developed quite near the end of development. The surfaces are soft and cushiony."

He continued, saying "The mobiles are placed in different locations depending on the situation, and they tilt according to weight distribution. The stage also gets rearranged, so the ground may disappear temporarily during a remodel."

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Really cool to have a stage from a game that's not even out yet, I gotta say.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So yoshi gets special treatment and gets a stage from a game that isn't out yet... why isn't there a tropical freeze stage.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Awesome how Sakurai pulled through and got us a stage from a game that hasn't even come out yet. You the real MVP.

Keefer

Smash Cadet
:GCStart:
:GCLT:+:GCRT:+:GCA:+:GCStart:
Forgot to put it in Omega form :glare:

Last edited:

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
now i'm kinda hoping for a skin pack to come out that has yoshi's woolly world form.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
not just walk offs, but walk offs with violent stage transitions
There's an Omega version of every stage. So this stage is still playable if you play competitive or not.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
If Sakurai posted a new stage today, I wonder what's in store for tomorrow!
*Menus shown off*
oh.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
:4robinm:"Time to skip some sales"

Really, this stage is beautiful and I was very impress about making it here because is not even out there. Good presentation of Yoshi future.

EDIT: It was ""scale"", but sales sound funny because Smash game can really sell other franchise better... and this one is a great example. So better skip some sales now.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
There's no reason this one can't be a counterpick to begin with. :p
Yes there is a reason. Little Mac can 0 death you with only dash attack. Killager,DHD, Link or a Ness camps you from the blast zone and back throws you to death at 0%.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So yoshi gets special treatment and gets a stage from a game that isn't out yet... why isn't there a tropical freeze stage.
I'm sorry but I can't hear over how AWESOME Jungle Hijinx is.

On a serious note, why do we have to turn this into a pissing contest between other franchises and call it "special treatment"? People said the same thing when Magicant from Earthbound was shown, aren't you even happy that we got a cool stage from DKCR? We should take this as a whole rather than seeing who has more or less.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Very nice. I do love the aesthetics here, it looks like everything's actually yarn and fabric.

I wonder if Earthbound will get another stage... :)
/wishfulthinking

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Every stage has a "Final Destination" version. I don't see a reason for you to complain. Lol.
They'd probably complain since the majority of competitive players players choose stages other than Final Destination.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Very nice. I do love the aesthetics here, it looks like everything's actually yarn and fabric.

I wonder if Earthbound will get another stage... :)
/wishfulthinking
Fourside and Magicant are my favorite of the Eartbbound stages :3 Saturn Valley would be dope.

Kevbot34

Smash Rookie
It's beautiful. It makes me interested in yoshi's Wooly World a bit, honestly. If it can look THAT good...wow

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
if there are omega versions of each stage, can alpha stages be created? Basically a final destination version, but with platforms. So they can be used in tournaments and in for glory online?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
There's an Omega version of every stage. So this stage is still playable if you play competitive or not.
Having an Omega form is no substitute. Sometimes people like the stage layout or other elements of the stage, but they don't like hazards and such. They don't want to just play on a FD ripoff.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
if there are omega versions of each stage, can alpha stages be created? Basically a final destination version, but with platforms. So they can be used in tournaments and in for glory online?
So a Battlefield version of the stages. I'd be down for that. It wouldn't be too difficult for them to do since they'd just have to add platforms to the Omege versions.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Having an Omega form is no substitute. Sometimes people like the stage layout or other elements of the stage, but they don't like hazards and such. They don't want to just play on a FD ripoff.
I agree, but is too late for the the people who hate walk off stages.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Why is everyone crying about walk offs? Not only is there an omega form for everthing. The Stage builder looks like you can make anything you could ever want.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Saturn Valley would be BOING. :p
i burst out laughing in the middle of class
Well... It's called Omega because Omega is "last" and it's the final destination. I DO like the name because it fits and it sounds cool.

Y'know I don't even know why I said this. I agree with this idea 100%. (Some stages could have moving platforms of some form!)
That rocket looks like a penis.
These were my thoughts when I woke up early this morning and saw the picture :p
Why is everyone crying about walk offs? Not only is there an omega form for everthing. The Stage builder looks like you can make anything you could ever want.
Omega form doesn't let us use platforms (which can change the game up dramatically) and the stage builder only has around 5 backgrounds. Brawl had 3 and I got sick of looking at all of them. Hopefully more stage builder customization backgrounds will come as a part of a DLC pack or something.

Top Bottom