• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 5th

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just for everyone's information, in Brawl walkoffs weren't banned because of DDD (I mean, he can't Chaingrab every character). It wasn't either because there were not edge-guarding.
They got banned because it degenerated game into camping the blastzone.
It wasn't an unbeatable move, or even good. It's a very high risk/very high reward strategy, but the game often gets reduced to just that, beating the whole purpose of having a "fighting" game.

Now, as a current BBR member, I will make sure no stage goes unplayed/undebated (I'm not sure about other members, maybe 2-3 have already stated their interest on following this line of thought).
Every single stage will have a chance to even be considered for competition until the Smash 4 Back Room (which I'll be sure to join) makes a final decision.

infomon

Smash Scientist
kyokoro_pamuyo: Thanks for that response. The Smash Back-Room culture seems muuch healthier than it was at the time of Brawl's release, which will be great for smash4.

I'm sure there will be a long time of chaos after its release (e.g. some stage hazards will seem way over-powered, but without a thorough understanding of the game mechanics and how high-level play will emerge, it can be hard to know how things will end up!). But I'm looking forward to some well-reasoned and battle-worn rulesets developing over time!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
fox can't waveshine every character either but thats still why melee walks were banned. D3 can chain a majority of the cast off stage. If edge camping is why stages got banned I'm even more disappointed in brawl's banning idelogy. there isn't a character in the game that can't very easily deal with and severly punish that silliness. (except maybe falcon and gannondorf)

Top Bottom