• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 28th

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I have a hope that it'll be toggleable considering we haven't seen it at all in any trailers or gameplay. Seems like a weird thing to add in last minute.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
The trophies in Smash are not real. Do you know how I know that? Because they exist in a video game. People who try to apply any kind of real-world logic to this game are being ridiculous and obnoxious. Having the characters let off smoke at high percents makes just as much sense as anything else in the game.
Obviously the trophies in the game are not real, but they are based off something that exists in real life, unlike Kirby.

Real world logic does, to some degree, apply to video games. Gravity pulls you towards the ground, being hit has negative effects, etc. Is it obnoxious when game developers apply gravity effects in their games?

I still stand by my opinion. I still think it's weird. I never said it was bad or even that I didn't like it. Just that it's weird.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sheik's a gal actually. I know she is refereed to as a Man in the manga, but not in-game sources are not cannon.
Her gender is ambiguous in the game, and she is lacking some ****. I don't care what you say, you cant bind boobs THAT well.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sheik's a gal actually. I know she is refereed to as a Man in the manga, but not in-game sources are not cannon.
A Nintendo-made manga can certainly be considered canon. Likewise, a character in the manga/games could refer to Sheik as a man and be mistaken because it fits the story. This would refute pretty much any story reference to her gender, unless it came directly from Sheik/Zelda or Impa.

Don't forget, this is coming from Japan, where nobody's going to bat an eyelash at an actual gender-swap. Is this a case of Western localization gone awry, where Sheik is male in Japan and female in the 'States because that's "more acceptable?" Has her gender ever actually been confirmed? Does it matter?

Her gender is ambiguous in the game, and she is lacking some ****. I don't care what you say, you cant bind boobs THAT well.
You'd be surprised.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Lot of little visual indicators this time around. I kinda love it.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Zelda doesn't have big boobs in the first place, and you'd really be surprised what people are capable of :D

Top Bottom