• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 1st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
There is a comment on it. "Pic of the day. The menacing foe, Orne! It inflicts devastating damage--it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. RUNNN!!"

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So what would happen if you ran into this guy with a starman? Would the universe give up on itself trying to fathom an instant kill enemy coming into contact with an invincable character?

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm not saying Sakurai mentioned something from the Earthbound series..

But he mentioned something from the Earthbound series.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
There's a LOT of rep from Kid Icarus Uprising. More than I would think should be there if there's only Pit. Palutena confirmed Anyway, Orne was a one-hit kill in KI-U, so not surprising that it's powerful.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
"it's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game. "

Well, Fu-

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Oh gosh the Ornes. I wonder if the Orne music will play when it is on the field? That would be a nice touch.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing about this is that the Orne isn't the only instant killer out there, as the Charvaargh also instantly kills upon contact.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I bet its stronger in the fact that it always has its hitbox out whereas the Ultimate Chimera only hurt you when it opened its mouth.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
"It's even more powerful than the Ultimate Chimera in the last game." How in god's name did you manage to achieve that? The Ultimate Chimera meant instant death the only way you'd ever survive is if the physics happen to work in your favor if it knocks you into the platforms so what does the Orne cause you to explode on the spot?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So everyone's already been over how the screen could either be from Smash Run or the Reset Bomb Forest. Personally...I'm kind of hoping it's the former.

From what we've seen of the Reset Bomb Forest, both sections are mid-size, meaning there'd be a lot less room to maneuver around the Orne than there was to avoid the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City. Something like that could kill the stage's tournament viability (I know it doesn't have to be, but the more stages we can use competitively the better, right?). Smash Run has a gigantic area to run around, and dying would (as far as we can tell) only make you drop some of your powerups and have to rush back to them from wherever you respawn before an opponent can steal them.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Isn't it mathematically impossible to make something more powerful than Brawl's Ultimate Chimera?
If I remember correctly, it instantly caused 999% damage, and caused an insta-kill.
It doesn't make sense saying that something could cause more damage than death.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If you hadn't kept telling yourself "Nintendo's for babies", you would've been prepared for this.

Your homework for tonight is to Google search 02.
Uh, I never said anything like that, I've said that Nintendo should stay child friendly, but I've never said Jim Henson founded Nintendo.

Top Bottom