• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 6th

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
P:M already has tilted smashes for several characters. Mario, Samus, possibly others, but that's all I can think of right now.
Luigi has at least one tilted option for his forward Smash, just to add to your character list.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Looks cool and adds much more depth to a fighting game that will likely destroy any previous idea of depth we might have had with Melee or Brawl.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
the effect of tilting up or down while doing a forward smash was alway there since melee right? or was it first introduced in brawl? Anyways, I use it a lot when playing project m. The direction you tilt to impacts the direction your enemy will be sent to.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
the effect of tilting up or down while doing a forward smash was alway there since melee right? or was it first introduced in brawl? Anyways, I use it a lot when playing project m. The direction you tilt to impacts the direction your enemy will be sent to.
In a sense yes. You could tilt to change the angle of a move but not change the move completely like Mac is doing here. This is new for this game and who knows whether this is unique to Mac only or other characters may have it.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
This is actually very interesting, because this setup could potentially leave your opponent guessing depending on the situation.

What's even more intriguing is the body check. In most cases, you would want to knock away the opponent, but if the D-angle F-Smash connects to a shielding player, it may leave them vulnerable like Marth's shield breaker. If that's what I understand what he means by "devastating."

So in most cases, the body check looks like the best setup. Both a potential shield breaker and a stun punch for combos. This is TOO good.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Why are people asking for other characters to have differing f-smashes like this? It makes Little Mac more unique. That's like asking to give other characters Marth's sword tip mechanic.

I hope it stays something only he can do.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Why are people asking for other characters to have differing f-smashes like this? It makes Little Mac more unique. That's like asking to give other characters Marth's sword tip mechanic.

I hope it stays something only he can do.
lol, because that's making other characters more unique too... not being limited to only one kind of forward smash... Why does only Mac have to be unique? I rather see every character unique. And having the ability to differ the way your forward smash appears, is something that should not be limited to only one character just to keep him unique... as long as the attacks are different from each character, I don't see the problem...

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
lol, because that's making other characters more unique too... not being limited to only one kind of forward smash... Why does only Mac have to be unique? I rather see every character unique. And having the ability to differ the way your forward smash appears, is something that should not be limited to only one character just to keep him unique... as long as the attacks are different from each character, I don't see the problem...
Other characters are already unique in their own ways. This should remain unique to Little Mac. It was given specifically to him for obvious reasons.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
lol

Other characters are already unique in their own ways. This should remain unique to Little Mac. It was given specifically to him for obvious reasons.
Sakurai, is that you?

If not, how can you tell for sure that other characters won't have more possibilities besides the regular forward smash? Just because you haven't seen them yet doesn't mean It's not possible.

Why should this remain unique to mac? Don't you want every other character to have two more moves? It would make the Forward Smashes much more variable and more fun, but I guess you don't like the idea of that?

Nodog438

Smash Rookie
It would be cool to have a alternate costume that looks like Balrog from Street Fighter 2.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Sakurai, is that you?

If not, how can you tell for sure that other characters won't have more possibilities besides the regular forward smash? Just because you haven't seen them yet doesn't mean It's not possible.

Why should this remain unique to mac? Don't you want every other character to have two more moves? It would make the Forward Smashes much more variable and more fun, but I guess you don't like the idea of that?
Jeez. This is a Little Mac thing... Just let it go. Please don't set yourself up for disappointment and just accept it now. If this property applied to other characters we'd have seen it by now, and Sakurai wouldn't have given this update specifying Little Mac and no other characters.

Little Mac is a character that just punches, this is obviously an attempt to give Mac a lot of variety in his punches to make him more interesting and set him apart. Other characters don't need it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom