• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 20th

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
That's not how balance works. If a character is seen as being toxic during play where his moveset has options for everything or if he has a "one beats all" move, then there's a problem. I mean, just look at Meta Knight in Brawl.
I'm not seeing how something like Meta Knight can't be avoided by making others better and/or tweaking the mechanics of the game such that those options aren't as overwhelming anymore, without directly nerfing that character.

Whether or not that's how "balance works," it appears to be how Sakurai balances.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/30/sakurai-importance-balancing-next-super-smash-bros/

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
There are people complaining about this move...

Do you also get mad when you get hit by Falcon Punch?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well, he's going to be if they don't stop giving him so many buffs.
Provided this game plays exactly like Brawl. Which we already know it won't.

The worry just seems premature considering how little we know about what changes other characters, and the game itself, has received.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Provided this game plays exactly like Brawl. Which we already know it won't.

The worry just seems premature considering how little we know about what changes other characters, and the game itself, has received.
I just don't want another game where five characters are viable for high-level play. Melee and Brawl were both like this.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I just don't want another game where five characters are viable for high-level play. Melee and Brawl were both like this.
I agree, it's very annoying to basically know which characters are going to be in a Grand Final, I suppose I just trust that Sakurai wouldn't be giving these buffs unless Diddy needed them in this new game.

I know Meta Knight happened and balancing has never been that great, but he's got a larger team and a different mindset going into this game than Brawl or even Melee.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has been playing brawl minus. This move isn't op in any way, but it will be awesome if someone were to land a hit with it.

Bamboo

Smash Rookie
Diddy being my main in brawl. Im pretty excited :diddy:Popgun buff !!

Fansmash

Smash Cadet
It's cool to know that this attack will be dangerous for the opponent and I adore the expressions of Diddy and Bowser.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I agree, it's very annoying to basically know which characters are going to be in a Grand Final, I suppose I just trust that Sakurai wouldn't be giving these buffs unless Diddy needed them in this new game.

I know Meta Knight happened and balancing has never been that great, but he's got a larger team and a different mindset going into this game than Brawl or even Melee.
Yeah, Metaknight was kinda OP, using smashspams all the time and being fast, and strong both... I hope sakurai makes speed characters at the cost of their power this time... But then again, i guess there's always a way people will find out how to "misuse" a character.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I'm wondering if Sakurai has just straight up scrapped Brawl and Melee models and this is actually going to be Smash 64 PART DEUX

"Try this on a shield break" -> Good lord, please let shield traps and ungodly hitstun return :D

Don't get hit.

Top Bottom