• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 1st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The pink sweatshirt looks really cool on Little Mac, so you can use that outfit in this game… How can a pink sweatshirt look so cool?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
But! But! 2 alts when we havent seen a first one for half the known roster still? Why come? Why come you do this Sakuray?

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
He normally takes of his hoodie when he goes into battle. does that mean that when he has his pink hoodie alt. he will put it on when he goes into battle?

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
He should've waited until July 4th for that American Little Mac Alt costume to be shown off in a Pick of the Day

LF2K

Floor Diver
I wonder if he'll ride a bike into the arena when he wears the hoodie? Nobody better steal it if he does.:smirk:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I know it'd look weird, but I don't want the animation to change when he's wearing this alt. I want to see him toss off the pink sweatsuit only to have another pink sweatsuit underneath.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if he'll ride a bike into the arena when he wears the hoodie? Nobody better steal it if he does.:smirk:
Well there's always the Wario Bike...
Assuming they don't remove it (please don't it's Wario's best move)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
YES!!!!!

I thought all hope for the Hoodie Alt was lost when the Wire Frame Alt was shown, but Sakurai realized that there were 2 great alts for Mac!

And on top of that, he even gets a texture alt (MURICA'!).

Hopefully this means that Link can have his texture alt (Skyloft clothes), and still have 1 or 2 full Alternate Costumes! Ocarina Link, Fierce Diety, Hyrule Warriors, the possibilities are endless!

Great job Sakurai! You actually made a decent non-filler pic that got me excited!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I love this! This is what i'm grateful for! More please! Alt costumes is one of the big thinga that makes this smash look better than the previous games.

Still hoping for a hatless Link tho... =(

snaptrap

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
It looks good. Hoping for Dr. Mario, Mr. L/Dr. Luigi, Daisy and Dry Bowser alts for the Mario cast.

Polo

Smash Cadet
I hope Little Mac keeps the pink hoodie on when he becomes Giga Mac.
It would be magnificent.

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
guysss! its not just a sweatshirt ... its a full pink sweat suite! This makes me wonder why link's cap wasn't removed from his SS costume! It wasn't just a color swap!

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Love that we are getting even more alt costumes! Keep them coming haha. I know a lot of people wanted this one too.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I was hoping this would be in alt since his reveal trailer, but I gave up hope when I saw his intro animation. I'm glad to see it made it in.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't understand. How can it be so cool?
Because Mac makes pink look
fresh.

And my goodness this is pretty much the greatest alt since "shiny" Greninja.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome, I hope we keep getting more alts, so far its the newcomers who keep getting it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think that I'm the only person who realises that Wireframe Mac is just a texture swap like the American colours one, and not a fully fledged alt costume. Seriously, why has this not dawned on anyone?

So really, this hoodie Alt is his only one so far.

It's great that even colour swaps have more to them now, though.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Dammit, I wasn't expecting to use Little Mac. But now I might main him.

Hong

The Strongest
But! But! 2 alts when we havent seen a first one for half the known roster still? Why come? Why come you do this Sakuray?
To be fair, wire-frame Mac is an extreme texture alteration more than a costume,

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
"You fight great Mac, But I'm a great fighter."

Man, I love when color swaps and alt.costumes make canon sense.
All that's missing now is Snes Little Mac color swap!
Sakurai has been paying a lot of attention to Little Mac!

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I was hoping this would be a thing. Anfd now that it is... i'm quite pleased.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Rosalina in her sexy leather biker costume mario kart 8 anyone?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anybody else think this is a direct response to Project M's mass costume reveal yesterday?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The OP missed, Sakurai's extra comment:

"Looks like some of you noticed that this version of Little Mac wasn't shown at E3. There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet."

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
This pretty much confirms more than 1 alt costume for certain characters.
Probably means Roy and Dr. Mario may be costumes too.
though that sounds very logical... roy is a completely different person... Dr. mario is still Mario. Pink Hoodie Mac is still Little Mac.

But Roy instead of Marth would be just the color swap i guess...

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm so glad that this was added, but it makes me wonder what Little Mac's entrance will be when he's wearing the hoodie alt-costume.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I think that I'm the only person who realises that Wireframe Mac is just a texture swap like the American colours one, and not a fully fledged alt costume. Seriously, why has this not dawned on anyone?

So really, this hoodie Alt is his only one so far.

It's great that even colour swaps have more to them now, though.
Except that sakurai said it was an alt for little Mac

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
It's ok though, captain falcon is sitll the pink master even though this pink sweatshirt makes me hum the intro song for mike tysons punch out

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except that sakurai said it was an alt for little Mac
It depends on how he meant it. He may refer to a simple blue palette swap for Link as an "alt costume". And technically, that is true.

However, I only consider actual model changes as "alt costumes", like this Hoodie Mac. Wireframe Mac is simply a texture swap.

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I don't care for all the alternate costumes, but it's cool that there will be a variety of outfits for people to choose from.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Sweet. I hope everyone else has alt costumes, too. It would be weird if only Little Mac had a bunch and no one else did. Plus it wouldn't fit in with the whole customization thing they're going for.

Top Bottom