• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 29th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena."

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
They are just teasing the hell out of the possibility of Palutena being in Smash 4. xD

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
wow, guys, this in no way confirms palutena or even alludes to her being a playable character, sorry. If anything it makes it slightly less likely that she will be a fighter, because think about it, how many fighters also have their model featured in a stage? None. Correction by KoRLumen, 2. lol.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
wow, guys, this in no way confirms palutena or even alludes to her being a playable character, sorry. If anything it makes it slightly less likely that she will be a fighter, because think about it, how many fighters also have their model featured in a stage? None.
ROB's statue in Aero Port Town comes to mind, as does Peach's portrait in Melee.

However, I agree that the pic doesn't confirm Palutena. However, I also hold that it does nothing to imply that her possibility of being included is any less now than it was before. Sakurai is just trolling the guano out of us.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
"The Goddess of Light"

"An enemy from Samus's past"

Hmm... It's almost as if Sakurai is specifically avoiding the use of these characters' names for some reason. Fancy that.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I won't say this confirms Palutena at all, but the face does match up pretty well with the "leaked" model. Though some other stuff doesn't...

Either way, I think it's perfect that we have a stage for her to potentially be revealed on with the probability of a Nintendo Direct this coming month. Reminds me of the Galaxy stage leading up to Rosalina >.>

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I won't say this confirms Palutena at all, but the face does match up pretty well with the "leaked" model. Though some other stuff doesn't...

Either way, I think it's perfect that we have a stage for her to potentially be revealed on with the probability of a Nintendo Direct this coming month. Reminds me of the Galaxy stage leading up to Rosalina >.>
I expect diddy, then palutena, and then yoshi

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I expect diddy, then palutena, and then yoshi
Sounds about right. Diddy whenever DK:TP is coming out, Palutena during a direct, and Yoshi when New Island comes out. But Sakurai is rarely predictable, so who knows if we'll get a random Peach/Marth-like reveal somewhere in there.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not 100% sure what this is meant to say, but nevertheless it makes me feel I should clarify that I don't think my observation confirms anything. I'm just having fun.
I'm referring to this is how he usually is. He once made everyone flip in Brawl with Lucas...

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Sounds about right. Diddy whenever DK:TP is coming out, Palutena during a direct, and Yoshi when New Island comes out. But Sakurai is rarely predictable, so who knows if we'll get a random Peach/Marth-like reveal somewhere in there.
Well DK comes out 13th of feb in japan then we can get palutena in the the direct around the 20th and then yoshi whenever yoshi's island come out. I would also say that he's not that unpredictable we got olimar when pikmin 3 came out, luigi before dream team, sonic before lost world, zelda before ALBW and D3 before triple deluxe

EDIT: Yoshi's new island comes out in summer 2014 in japan so no yoshi in march :(

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Adventure Mode (like melee): Confirmed
Palutena: Half Confirmed?
It does kind of look like Adventure Mode, but I'm pretty sure it's just a normal stage.
That's what I'm thinking. It's a perfect set up. Just waiting for a Direct tomorrow...

Personally I expect Palutena to be the next reveal. We haven't had a Direct in a little while, so I'm counting on one soon.

And after a little research, I figured out that this stage is Palutena's Temple from Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising. The statue matches perfectly with the one in that chapter, wings and all.
So I guess a few handheld games will be getting stages on the Wii U. Probably the ones that don't have any recent console games (like Pokémon as well, so we will probably get an X and Y stage on Wii U).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It does kind of look like Adventure Mode, but I'm pretty sure it's just a normal stage.

That's what I'm thinking. It's a perfect set up. Just waiting for a Direct tomorrow...

Personally I expect Palutena to be the next reveal. We haven't had a Direct in a little while, so I'm counting on one soon.

And after a little research, I figured out that this stage is Palutena's Temple from Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising. The statue matches perfectly with the one in that chapter, wings and all.
So I guess a few handheld games will be getting stages on the Wii U. Probably the ones that don't have any recent console games (like Pokémon as well, so we will probably get an X and Y stage on Wii U).
It's actually based on the final level from Kid Icarus called Palace in the Sky since it was a console game. It does however have the statue and stadium from Uprising’s Palutena Temple since it’s the closest thing to a modern interpretation of that area. Also, the Palutena Temple is an expansion of the original Sky Palace since both places served as the home of Palutena and the Centurions in both games.
Credit goes to takamaru64 on mynintendonews

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Huh, yeah when you actually lay them all out like that I guess he's mostly been easy call apart from no X/Y reveal, random Peach, Marth, and Rosalina.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Huh, yeah when you actually lay them all out like that I guess he's mostly been easy call apart from no X/Y reveal, random Peach, Marth, and Rosalina.
I guess with rosalina he wanted to announce a newcomer before the end of the year, marth was probably just to confirm him cause lots of people thought he might be replaced with chrom/lucina and with peach he probably
just wanted to get her out of the way or maybe to have more females

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My only doubt about Palutena's reveal being soon is that Sakurai has given us so many females.
He may want to spread out the last few.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have no clue why people say that she will be revealed SO SOON!

It's not like she was the only popular character that was teased!

Have we all forgotten Ridley's Pyroshpere, Little Mac's Boxing Ring, or even Rosalina's Galaxy!?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I have no clue why people say that she will be revealed SO SOON!

It's not like she was the only popular character that was teased!

Have we all forgotten Ridley's Pyroshpere, Little Mac's Boxing Ring, or even Rosalina's Galaxy!?
Rosalina was revealed after about a month after the mario galaxy stage was revealed so she should be revealed pretty soon

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
And in the case of Little Mac, I'm still personally not convinced that that stage is event meant to be his and not just a generic fighting stage.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
And in the case of Little Mac, I'm still personally not convinced that that stage is event meant to be his and not just a generic fighting stage.
Well the ropes are the same colours and the star in the middle is similar to the one in punch out wii

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well the ropes are the same colours and the star in the middle is similar to the one in punch out wii
Yes I've heard and seen all the similarities and I acknowledge them, but I suppose that same as the leaks, until I get official word I remain skeptical.

I've just never heard a good enough reason as to why the stage would not only be shown off so early on, but also be incorporated into the Villager's CG intro video.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I think that Palutena is still possible for a couple reasons:

1. Kid Icarus was announced as a name series in the original smash four trailer, making me think there will be more characters than just Pit.

2. Toon Link appeared on the Spirit Tracks stage, but then he got announced. Therefore, like another person takes over driving the train when Toon Link is fighting, the statue might be gone if Palutena is in.

Who knows though. I just hope for the best. Still a beautiful picture.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I think that Palutena is still possible for a couple reasons:

1. Kid Icarus was announced as a name series in the original smash four trailer, making me think there will be more characters than just Pit.

2. Toon Link appeared on the Spirit Tracks stage, but then he got announced. Therefore, like another person takes over driving the train when Toon Link is fighting, the statue might be gone if Palutena is in.

Who knows though. I just hope for the best. Still a beautiful picture.
Honestly, I think the fact that Uprising is Sakurai's game warrants enough reason for us to believe that Palutena will be playable.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
wow, guys, this in no way confirms palutena or even alludes to her being a playable character, sorry. If anything it makes it slightly less likely that she will be a fighter, because think about it, how many fighters also have their model featured in a stage? None. Correction by KoRLumen, 2. lol.
If memory serves, on a Stage in SSB3Ds, Young Link (albeit his Spirit Tracks variant) is seen on one of the Stages from the same game, and it just so happens that Young has been announced and confirmed as playable. That said, I do agree with the first part of your post.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
"She's watching over the arena."

I think Sakurai thinks a lot like I do for some reason. Although I support Palutena being playable in Smash...the more I think about it I really don't want to see it happen at the same time. Judging by the quote above, I feel that Sakurai interprets Palutena as more of an "Overseer God" like Apollo or Zeus or something. Although it's entirely possible for any of these mythological gods to come down and fight physically, it seems in their character to guide and protect their "chosen ones" from afar. I kind of think Palutena is too "godly" to be fighting alongside Pit and with "lesser" beings.

That's the way I see it, at least.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Hopefully this means that god-awful Skyworld stage from Brawl won't be returning.

Top Bottom