• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 8th

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
That's true. Still, I'd love for the 3DS version intro to cycle through the Nintendo handheld history, from Gameboy Fat all the way to 3DS, ending in the CG stuff.

But you're right. The hammer probably means it is a stage, or at the least, a playable area for a special game mode, or even an event room for Smash Run... who knows.
If it is a stage, it would be pretty cool if it cylced through all the Gameboy intros up to the 3DS, and maybe had some sort of medley that changed with it?

Or it could have like tetris blocks falling and then it would change to a newer gameboy and keep going, the blocks changing with each new iteration.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
When I saw this this morning it didn't even occur to me that this could be a stage. I thought it was a sneak peak at the 3ds's intro screen. Either one would be awesome!

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I take my previous statement back xD Game Boy, got it LoL it looks... interesting though LoL

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if the game constantly switches between iconic GB games? Pokemon Red/Blue, Tetris, Mario Land, Kirby's Dreamland, Link's Awakening.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Just imagine if the FD mode (assuming this one has walk-offs) is actually playing on top of a Game Boy, where your playing on top of the screen, buttons, etc

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I've realized that the reason I'm sometimes disappointed by PotDs now... I always hear people saying "I'm pretty sure we're getting _________ tomorrow" or "Most likely we'll get __________ tomorrow" or "it's the 26th 1/2 anniversary of _________ so we'll get _________ tomorrow for sure!" and for some reason it took me until today to realize that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING TOMORROW! I've been following the PotD since it started happening, and the only thing predictable about it, is that it won't be predictable.

Oh and in regards to this picture; I'm so happy to see retro handheld gaming getting some representation in Smash Bros! That Gameboy "ba-ding" is a noise that marked the beginning of a very enjoyable evening throughout my childhood. :)
i know what's happening tomorrow nothing. it's a Saturday and we don't get pictures on Saturday

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
The gameboy had Game & Watch Gallery games. Game & Watch Gallery Games had Mr. Game & Watch. Maybe this is his stage for the 3DS version?

But that's just an idea. I'm leaning towards it being a changing stage, cycling through Tetris, Mario Land, Metroid 2, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, etc.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I find this stage awesome. I loved the Gameboy and it's a big part of Nintendo's history.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I want a retro console stage for Wii U.
Preferably, an N64 Stage.

If we do get that, that would be I actually had a preemptive dream, and that I'm not crazy!
For those of you who don't know, back in October, I had a dream where I asked Sakurai to put Skull Kid, Reggie, and N64 Logo in the game.

The next day when I woke up, Skull Kid was confirmed as an assist.

Then Reggie was a Mii at E3.

I'M NOT INSANE!!!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I want a retro console stage for Wii U.
Preferably, an N64 Stage.

If we do get that, that would be I actually had a preemptive dream, and that I'm not crazy!
For those of you who don't know, back in October, I had a dream where I asked Sakurai to put Skull Kid, Reggie, and N64 Logo in the game.

The next day when I woke up, Skull Kid was confirmed as an assist.

Then Reggie was a Mii at E3.

I'M NOT INSANE!!!
I... I want that dream. Can I have it? Can I HAVE THIS DREAM?!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually talking about it, it would be awesome if the Intro for the 3DS version went through handheld history.

Hidden Pixl

Smash Rookie
Some of people are so hard to please. Just be happy that you get updates in the first place. Just because it isn't a character reveal doesn't mean the update is instantly ****. I know I'm wasting my breathe, but oh well.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
There's always the faint possibility that the edges of the screen are walls and kills can only be secured off the top. But remembering Flat Zone, that's pretty unlikely.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ugh... I'm sorry to say this but... Game & Watch confirmed, he must just be a hidden character if they're not going to confirm him lol
He was already pretty much confirmed in the Pac-Man trailer, with Pac-Man all like, "We're the oldest characters in Smash!"

And he's always been a hidden character, in both Melee and Brawl.

darktiko

Smash Cadet
NNID
epicShadowman
3DS FC
1950-9084-7402
What if the players break the edges of the screen in order to get a meteor smash or the power will turn off after 1min of battling and the screen will get dark meaning you can jump on the power button or something. maybe if youget to the edge of the gameboy screen you can go past it and you will get meteor smashed inside the screen
or it would be like the 3ds stage in Super Smash Flash 2

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This PotD is a full reference.

>Is a gameboy Stage! With a gameboy layout on the side like flat zone, that was a game and watch!
>Kirby is back to its grey color! (American Kirby color before we know was pink.)
>Sakurai created Kirby and Dedede.
>They both debuted in a gameboy game just like show in the PotD call 'Kirby Dream Land'
>Even dedede is in original color, is look more like the Original King dedede color.

This stage is going to be awsome but...
Walk-off... #BANNED!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I bet it has no lightning so you'll have to play this stage under a lamp :)

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
The retro courses were never the best fight areanas...300 m dk, the Super Mario Bros arena with the pow block. Flat zone. This looks like another flat zone, good that it's in but not good for fights, we'll see if there is more to it. Cool looking though

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
He was already pretty much confirmed in the Pac-Man trailer, with Pac-Man all like, "We're the oldest characters in Smash!"

And he's always been a hidden character, in both Melee and Brawl.
Like I said in a post after, I revoke this post... lol

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Never been a fan of Flatzone, but this looks really cool. Hopefully it plays a bit different.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I totally called this feature......

This is NOT a stage, it's the start up screen.
Pretty sure its a stage, what with Kirby and King Dedede clearly using their monochrome palettes and in-game models..it'll probably be a stage where you go through different areas based on classic GameBoy Games like Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dream Land, Pokemon Red/Blue, Tetris, etc.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Load the Pokemon Yellow intro for stage hazards

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Pretty sure its a stage, what with Kirby and King Dedede clearly using their monochrome palettes and in-game models..it'll probably be a stage where you go through different areas based on classic GameBoy Games like Super Mario Land, Kirby's Dream Land, Pokemon Red/Blue, Tetris, etc.
Ah you're probably right. It looked like a start up screen to me.

Top Bottom