• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 5th

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I see a lot of people dislike this. At least it isn't showing the frickin' Roost on the new AC stage or Lucina's eye! As someone who personally prefers casual by a slight amount, this looks fun, and it might just be a mini Zero laser

jigglover

Smash Lord
That's not the word you're looking for, but you're close. :awesome:
No, he had a full-fledged party to celebrate the news!

I do wonder if characters like Kirby and Pikachu who are crouching will be able to sneak under this, though. If not them then IIRC ZSS crawling is basically flat...

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Another pic of the day revealing something I will likely never use...

Looks cool I guess... Now I'll wait till the Japanese release of Hyrule Warriors for my SS3 Ganon.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus has only two characters.
The items is a trivial matter.

Also, the Smash fanbase, the only one that complains about having too much content.
The problem is that Kid icarus does not deserve more than one character at all with the current roster, but biased Sakurai is biased Sakurai.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
This weapon looks gleefully fun!

That being said, this game is receiving way too much representation from KIU. Between Smash Run and items it feels like Sakurai is trying to cram the entire game into Sm4sh.

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
it baffles me every time someone complains that a pic of the day isnt a major reveal like a character. like, what even?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Question. What does the day break do in its original game? I have no idea what it is..

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
I know Sakurai made Kid Icarus: Uprising, but it seems to be getting a lot of attention in this game from two characters to a host of items. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm still sad about the lack of representation for other franchises that aren't Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, or Pokemon.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Finally! the only item from uprising that generally I love!

Ok. I happy with all uprising items just with DAYBREAK.
(Why some many uprising items, This game should come Super Smash Bros. Uprising <---better tittle than WiiU/3DS.)

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
LASER WISP DECONFIRMED

But seriously this looks really cool, and so shiny! :D

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Now anyone can use Pit's "three sacred treasures":troll:

Oh Mash Potato Samurai...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sounds like you control it the same way you do the Cracker Launcher.

(Ack, someone ninja'd me! Oh well, can't delete won't delete)

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Another thing from Uprising? Uprising is good Sakurai, we know it, stop feeding us with this pig slop. Reveal Ness and Jiggly. I think this week everything in PoTD will go downhill.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Alright! Powerlinxing has been introduced, now I'm just waiting for Optimus Prime and Unicron to be announced.

Thank you Moon-Shakira Snapplepie!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Whether or not we like the items, or everybody saying "Oh well I'll just have it off so it doesn't matter," let's all recall that items are on in classic and probably in adventure mode, so unlocking some of those characters will require the use of the Daybreaker. I was never a fan of how cheap the dragoon could be, but welp, we're here with it.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Something from Uprising. What a surprise.
This. I loved Kid Icarus Uprising. I still do. Easily one of the best games on the 3DS. But this is getting out of hand. I could take most of the items fine- Backshield, X-bomb, Ore Club, Drill Arm, that mortar eye thing (the name escapes me right now). I could of course take the stages fine since all series should get them. Assist trophies? Magnus is a great pick and Phosphora looks great too. I could take the characters fine because i second Pit in Brawl and wanted Palutena for this game. But enough is enough. Series that have been in the game since the beginning don't have this much content and it's just not fair. Look at Star Fox- confirmed we have only one character, one Assist trophy, one item, a stage tease. Look at DK- two confirmed characters, no assist trophy, can't recall any item, and a returning stage. Not even anything new. And don't even get me started on Mother...I love Kid Icarus as much as the next guy, but when Sakurai has no desire to continue the series he reboot, why bother with it all? It's showing favoritism and it's not right. Enough is enough!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The problem is that Kid icarus does not deserve more than one character at all with the current roster, but biased Sakurai is biased Sakurai.
Actually, kit does, it just got a recent high-profile game that was loved by most people.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.
Pokemon says hi.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Not liking this at all. I hated the Dragoon item, it's the one item that I ALWAYS turn off when playing casually, a second one means another item to turn off, lovely.

Also, what the **** is up with so much Kid Icarus content in this game? Look, I understand Kid Icarus: Uprising was a unique game and Sakurai made it, but that doesn't mean you over represent it. I'm honestly surprised that Sakurai said Dedede was not added to Melee because he felt he was over representing the Kirby series when he does this in this game.
omg guise the franchise has too much itemz, items I'll probably turn off and I basically have no idea if there will be more of other ips... I'll complain online cuz complaining is wut cool kidz doo

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm fine with the Kid Icarus stuff if it plays well, if the items are terrible, sure I can get mad. But I think if Sakurai is trying to give us really cool weapons and items that he happened to come up with, then who are we to complain? Especially when many don't even use items.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm guessing you can only have one out at time.

i.e., you can only be collecting Dragoon pieces, chasing after smashballs, or collecting Daybreak pieces once at a time.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
um i never liked the dragoon so can't be excited over this
C'mon Sakurai you can do better than this.
I don't like combine-able items-_-
Darn. I was hoping for a Ganondorf reveal, complete with a new moveset. Items do nothing for me.
The Daybreak, eh? It's nice, but somehow the OHKO laser of death that goes through walls is underwhelming in Kid Icarus.

On that note, competitive KIU players wouldn't bat an eye if items are left on because they're ineffectual. The OHKO laser of death that goes through walls isn't considered to be gamechanging enough to redo a match if items are left on.
Another thing from Uprising? Uprising is good Sakurai, we know it, stop feeding us with this pig slop. Reveal Ness and Jiggly. I think this week everything in PoTD will go downhill.
Another Boring Kid Icarus Item. Over-rep much sakurai?

Just sayin'. Seriously, is all anyone does here is complain? If you don't like it, don't. Buy. It. Have you seen how many Kirby items there are? Sakurai is going to represent his stuff how he wants, complaining changes nothing. Just enjoy what you have and stop being ungrateful children.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Just sayin'. Seriously, is all anyone does here is complain? If you don't like it, don't. Buy. It. Have you seen how many Kirby items there are? Sakurai is going to represent his stuff how he wants, complaining changes nothing. Just enjoy what you have and stop being ungrateful children.
I'm getting the game, I just think he's overdoing it, first he adds more enemies in Smash Run than even Mario's getting, then he overreps overpowered items. And considering the franchise isn't even his to begin with.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

who said i wasn't excited i just don't like the idea of the one hit kill items.I love the fact that kid icarus is getting more representation.I was just hoping for a different kid icarus item.

Last edited by a moderator:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

this!

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
who said i wasn't excited i just don't like the idea of the one hit kill items.I love the fact that kid icarus is getting more representation.I was just hoping for a different kid icarus item.
I'm getting the game, I just think he's overdoing it, first he adds more enemies in Smash Run than even Mario's getting, then he overreps overpowered items. And considering the franchise isn't even his to begin with.
He's proud of his games, I don't blame the guy. Kid Icarus might not have been hi to begin with but he's made it what it is today and he rightfully takes pride in that. Of couse there are other series that need reps but humans are selfish in nature, that's not exactly a bad thing unless they decide to be super selfish, but he's going to mainly rep what hes proud of and enjoys himself while also thinking of the fans. Also... I doubt it'll be 1hit KO when your at )%, I've survived a Dragoon, it's hard but it's hard work at playing the game to do it and it's well worth it. That's all I'm trying to say pretty much.
And thank you xD @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER xD

Top Bottom