• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 12th

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Wtf? I mean by just doing this your encouraging players to rely on items like these and not get better at the game.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290

I love Miiverse sometimes.

Anyway this is a cool item I GUESS. I don't think I'll be using it much though.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Oh, imagine all the pain and tears, no matter what mode it is.

In the words of D1: "THAT'S GETTING BANNED! BANNED, BANNED, BANNED! AH HA HA HA!"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Wtf? I mean by just doing this your encouraging players to rely on items like these and not get better at the game.
Players who rely on items are very easy to counter anyway. Especially with things like this, where there's a big opportunity to punish.

It's not like items will be in competitive play anyway, except for specialized tournaments.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wonder what this means for future installments...
Seems to be a pretty powerful item to just not include in the next game.

If Namco is not here to stay, perhaps they would replace it with another item of similar personality. Or perhaps they would keep it, AND Pacman, as I would hope this indicates.
I would hope Namco would stay. If they don't return in the future I say Sakurai will secure the rights for Pac-Man for the next games.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
That flag came from star fox assault
It appeared in that game because if you collected them all you unlocked a fully playable version of Xevious. Plus, Namco had developed SFA. I think that flag first appeared in Pole Position.

EDIT: I think I'm wrong about it appearing in PP. It seems to have been used in a handful of Namco games.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
CoroCoro's finally made a lot of SSB4 Fans very angry right now! Take a look at this quote:

CoroCoro has clarified the situation and has stated that they will only show everything we know so far, so don’t expect a full roster or new stages. Sakurai will continue to reveal more as he sees fit.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MAD AND ANGRY THAT MAKES ALL OF US RIGHT NOW?! COROCORO LIED TO US!!!
Corocoro never lied to us. We just twisted their words.

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
Ohhh, **** WILL hit the fan if the Special Flags are implemented into tourneys !

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
The Special Flags I've been wondering about for a long time, and it turns out they're flipping awesome! Sure does add a new tactic(s) to be aware of whenever that falls into play. A free extra stock or point can sometimes change the course of a fight.

Smash is about skill AND luck.

Charkoaler

Smash Rookie
NNID
charkoaler
3DS FC
3969-5051-8391
This is a really interesting implement, i wouldn't have thought of that for the actual use of the S flag when it was announced, I wonder what the maximum use time/stock regeneration you could get​

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wait, so the Special Flag DOESN'T summon old Namco characters, and rather acts as a point dispenser?

Than that leaves the question, where are all the retro Namco charcters coming from? Are they all just normal assists?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Wait, so the Special Flag DOESN'T summon old Namco characters, and rather acts as a point dispenser?

Than that leaves the question, where are all the retro Namco charcters coming from? Are they all just normal assists?
Pac-Man,and the Boss Galaga's an item.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I love all the BANNED comments.
All items will be banned.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Definetely one of the best items introduced so far. Love that they are also keeping stocks in mind.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how long you have to stand in one place for the flag to work. If moving resets the flag being "raised" then you'd have to hope your opponent takes their sweet time if it takes a good while for it to work.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Oh good, I thought that was an item that was like pre-given to you when you're Pac-man like Link / Toon Link with thier bombs or somethin'. PHEW, they would've banned Pac-man for sure if that was the case.

#BANNED

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I think the reason why we're seeing Namco items and not Sega or Capcom is that it would probably mean more legal hoops the team would have to jump through. (Keep in mind just adding each individual pokemon is a process in itself with Gamefreak)

But since NamcoBandai has an actual hand in development they don't have to go through that, which also might explain how Pac-man got a unique stage for both 3DS & WiiU

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
What would happen if both the s-flag and the smash ball appear on screen at the same time? O.o

Last edited:
Top Bottom