• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 8th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day, and a very important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!

It's airing at a really late time for some of you, but it'll probably be worth the wait.

You can watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com)."

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Bulbapedia posted an interesting theory that these crates hint that there'll be three character reveals... I'm not so sure but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to hint at something this way.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
"but it'll probably be worth the wait."
Okay now I'm excited also they apparently said they will give a release window but not full date, they're probably waiting for E3 for that
Bulbapedia posted an interesting theory that these crates hint that there'll be three character reveals... I'm not so sure but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to hint at something this way.
That would make sense, three characters seems like a good amount for this, maybe 1 newcomer and 2 veterans. I'm hoping for Ridley/Palutena, Ike and Ganondorf

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know about the character reveal theory, since for all we know, we might only get one newcomer, and perhaps a veteran, if not two.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Wooden Crate with Pikachu on top = Pokémon Newcomer or Mewtwo. Crate of the Future = Release Window (Already confirmed to be announced) Present = A SURPRISE!! (Possibly whatever that SSB6 rumour means!)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Here's how the Direct will go:

Information about Miyamoto's personal life, something about his favorite podiatrist. Oh and the newcomer will be tropical shirt Mario from Sunshine. Along with 5 minutes of Iwata saying "Please understand"

:094:

PaperX

Smash Cadet
I've had a nightmare about today's Direct sucking hard. I sure as hell hope it stays a nightmare.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's like Christmas all over again! I can't wait to see what's inside those boxes. Maybe I should go to bed again. Time seems to fly faster that way.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
The regular Smash box is a returning character, metal Smash box a newcomer and the present is Smash information. Hopefully.

afistfulofwasabi

Smash Rookie
I love mewtwo in melee, pkmn trainer in brawl, and playing as lucario and ivysaur in PM. But I think its time they let Gengar or Zoroark get in on the fight.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Did anyone else notice that two different types of boxes (metal and present) are displayed on the same stage instead of one per stage?

Edit: Maybe that means they have different properties or contents.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Sakurai's mindgames. He would be extremely scary for guessing games just by posting a few pictures with a thousand words.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Nintendo Direct will be ten minutes of a still photo of Pikachu rolling on the floor and yawning on Battlefield while Iwata explains that Shadow Mario will take up the rest of the newcomer slots.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Even Sakurai seems excited...it will probably be worth the wait he says..he's just adding fuel to the hype...tonight I'll be watching on my phone ignoring anything going on in class

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
The Nintendo Direct will be ten minutes of a still photo of Pikachu rolling on the floor and yawning on Battlefield while Iwata explains that Shadow Mario will take up the rest of the newcomer slots.
"Please understand, Shadow Mario is the most important thing in the new Smash Bros" -Iwata

iHook

Smash Cadet
I hope the metal crate has different properties from the others. Maybe it can be thrown without breaking a few times (2) and break on the next (3)?

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
The HYPE is so fu*king real. mewtwo and the L cancel mechanic. LETS GO!

Nin404

Smash Rookie
I'm Soooo Excited for the SSB4 Direct! I want him to show of at least one newcomer Pacman, or maybe Ridely!
And at least two returning charaters, :150: , :007::002::006:, :metaknight:, or :zerosuitsamus:. :joyful:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I'm mad that I'm not going to be able to see the whole direct, I just hope that it lives up to the hype.

PaperX

Smash Cadet
I'm mad that I'm not going to be able to see the whole direct, I just hope that it lives up to the hype.
You can still watch it when you have more free time. Just restrain yourself from looking at any Smash related news until you can watch it entirely (tough task, I know)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I suspect that the direct will show pikachu looking at the boxes, then seconds later, a box with legs walks next to the other boxes and sets itself down, I'm definitely guessing snake will be confirmed with humor about the card board box ^-^

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Nintendo UK tweeted for everyone to "tune in to learn about the launch window for the next #SmashBros, and much more!" The hype is real!

Kolbin

Smash Cadet
Cool Points to anyone who can translate the Hylian text on the bottom of the picture...
From what I could tell it was text from skyward sword written backwards.
I believe it says "All right". Make of that what you will.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I'm curious as to why the wooden crate is now on wheels. Maybe if you hit it hard enough, you'll send it flying and can hurt other players with it. Maybe you can send it off the ledge to hit people on a platform below, or maybe even as their recovering.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The fact that Sakurai said it will be worth the wait basically assures us it will be amazing. I don't think Sakurai has ever blatantly said something will be great! All he said ever was "Remember to tune into the direct at xx:xx!"

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to why the wooden crate is now on wheels. Maybe if you hit it hard enough, you'll send it flying and can hurt other players with it. Maybe you can send it off the ledge to hit people on a platform below, or maybe even as their recovering.
Didn't brawl have some wooden crates on wheels, I remember one being in the hit the targets lvl 1

Top Bottom