• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 14th

yamatosenpai

Smash Cadet
greninja is not OP... it just has high speed and good ability, nothing more... one trickroom setup and he's done for...
He's got horrible defenses and no bulking moves...

But there won't be any issue about his ability protean or torrent in smash, so there's no OP anymore. Speed isn't everything ye know... it would suck if they actually squeezed that pokemonbattle mechanic in his build... like fire attacks wouldn't harm very much n stuff...

Anyways, it's not pokemon x/y, it's smash.

Attachments

MasterBrawl78

Smash Rookie
NNID
Psychojest79
I can tell that the controls for him are going to be hard to master, but it will be worth it :)

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
My only question is can you use regular attacks while charging Shadow Sneak? It could be really good for combos.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Greninja is going to be dumb, people are going to be salty when the play against him.

Brawlknight

Smash Rookie
So shadow sneak for side b im guessing water shuriken for neutral b and substitute for down b

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wish his wording was a bit clearer on the last bit there, but it looks cool enough. Why's there a random fire cloud near Charizard though?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I hope they put a demo on the e-Shop. Even if Greninja isn't in it, I would love to be able to get a feel for how this game compares to Melee, Brawl, and especially Project M.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Wish his wording was a bit clearer on the last bit there, but it looks cool enough. Why's there a random fire cloud near Charizard though?
See how his tail is in front of him? My best guess is that his tail was behind him to begin with, and during whatever move he's doing, he kind of swung his tail forward, and the fire is the trail of where his tail was.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Whelp, I guess I may have 4 mains. Yoshi and villager, and now Charizard and Greninja...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, a lot of people are getting caught up on the phrase "charging up."
It looks like a buffed version of Dimension Cape.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Now im also very excited to use greninja... I love sneaky and fast plays. Those have been my favorites in almost every game. (league of legends for example)

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
greninja is not OP... it just has high speed and good ability, nothing more... one trickroom setup and he's done for...
He's got horrible defenses and no bulking moves...

But there won't be any issue about his ability protean or torrent in smash, so there's no OP anymore. Speed isn't everything ye know... it would suck if they actually squeezed that pokemonbattle mechanic in his build... like fire attacks wouldn't harm very much n stuff...

Anyways, it's not pokemon x/y, it's smash.
Also the ability to to set up spikes.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Really would have preferred Zoroark but I guess Greninja isn't the worst. At least it fits my play style. Also since there is a Fire and Water starter fully evolved where is the fully evolved Grass starter. Or is Grass going to be left out. I mean I'd love to see Sceptile in the game. It would be interesting.

Last edited:

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
That's the majority. I on the other hand haven't. I always have Zoroark on my team no matter what the situation is and I think it would have been a perfect and totally unique fighter.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
But the majority of people have forgoten about having zoroark and moved on ever since 6th gen was announced
Regardless, that doesn't negate his right to be disappointed that character he hoped could be in is absent.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Greninja will definitely be one of my mains in the games for sure, especially since he was my starter in Pokemon X.

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I actually thought it still had a good chance even with gen 6 on the way.
Naw, while he was popular, he was more of a fad that passed away as well as being regarded as more of a gimmick in the competitive community. Pokes like Mewtwo and Lucario on the other hand were always more consistently popular and more of threats in the community. Especially with 6th gen, hype around Greninja obviously had it included. Zoroark would have had a good chance had it been 5th gen, but it's 6th, and had very little chance from the start.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Naw, while he was popular, he was more of a fad that passed away as well as being regarded as more of a gimmick in the competitive community. Pokes like Mewtwo and Lucario on the other hand were always more consistently popular and more of threats in the community. Especially with 6th gen, hype around Greninja obviously had it included. Zoroark would have had a good chance had it been 5th gen, but it's 6th, and had very little chance from the start.
I see your point but I still had hope for it. Oh well though. I'm sure I can get used to Greninja. And if not that's what Lucario and Charizard Mega-evolved are for.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Can't wait to play Strider hiryu Greninja. he did seem pretty unexpected, but awesome nonetheless.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to play Strider hiryu Greninja. he did seem pretty unexpected, but awesome nonetheless.
Well not totally unexpected. And actually for an absurd second during his trailer I was like "Holy **** its Naruto!" when I saw him weaving hand signs. And Water Shuriken looked exactly like Rasengan at first.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yeah you can all shout that Greninja will be your main for sure, but let's talk again when you'll actually be able to play him. Who'll know if he sucks...? I like his appearance and he seems cool, but i hate the term "maining" someone... just play all-round... more fun and less boring to play against ^^

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So now we (more or less) have names for all of Greninja's specials.

Neutral: Water Shuriken
Side: Shadow Sneak
Down: Substitute
Up: Aqua Jet

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm just saying there's no need to be dissapointed when his chances disappeared a long time ago
Oh alright I guess we'll all just run our hopes and expectations by you first to make sure they make sense. Good to know.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Oh alright I guess we'll all just run our hopes and expectations by you first to make sure they make sense. Good to know.
It was pretty commonly excepted that zoroark missed his chance the moment gen 6 was announced

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
yeah you can all shout that Greninja will be your main for sure, but let's talk again when you'll actually be able to play him. Who'll know if he sucks...? I like his appearance and he seems cool, but i hate the term "maining" someone... just play all-round... more fun and less boring to play against ^^
People like you seem to forget that some people main characters based on how much they like them canonically, let alone in Smash. I like Greninja in Pokémon X, so I'll play as him in Smash 4. Simple as that.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
People like you seem to forget that some people main characters based on how much they like them canonically, let alone in Smash. I like Greninja in Pokémon X, so I'll play as him in Smash 4. Simple as that.
No, of course, i understand that people are hyped to play as greninja cuz it's a cool pokemon, but that's not the way it goes here... when a new character will be revealed, they'll suddenly change their minds again and all claim the new one to be the new main. It's just stupid imo to main a character without even knowing how he plays. We've seen moves, yes, but you haven't played it for yourself... You'll have to wait till smash 4 is out there and able to test all the characters yourself...

I don't have main characters... even though there are three characters under my avatar, they're just three characters i'm hard to beat with... Not calling them my mains. I play all characters. Let's say, i just main them all.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
No, of course, i understand that people are hyped to play as greninja cuz it's a cool pokemon, but that's not the way it goes here... when a new character will be revealed, they'll suddenly change their minds again and all claim the new one to be the new main. It's just stupid imo to main a character without even knowing how he plays. We've seen moves, yes, but you haven't played it for yourself... You'll have to wait till smash 4 is out there and able to test all the characters yourself...

I don't have main characters... even though there are three characters under my avatar, they're just three characters i'm hard to beat with... Not calling them my mains. I play all characters. Let's say, i just main them all.
lol, I didn't go fanboying for either the Trainer, Villager, Megaman, or Little Mac. I'm fanboying for Greninja because he looks like a combo character which I enjoy playing because imo those have the steepest learning curve. Also cuz he looks so motherf**king sexy.
I main characters in order to get better at one character, know almost all that character's ins and outs. More satisfying rather than shallowly learning all the characters.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
lol, I didn't go fanboying for either the Trainer, Villager, Megaman, or Little Mac. I'm fanboying for Greninja because he looks like a combo character which I enjoy playing because imo those have the steepest learning curve. Also cuz he looks so motherf**king sexy.
I main characters in order to get better at one character, know almost all that character's ins and outs. More satisfying rather than shallowly learning all the characters.
Sadly I can't say the same for me and Rosie, I don't know I just really like her as a character

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I like that they are adding unique attributes to each move...i like it I like it alot. GRENINJA!!

Top Bottom