• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU/3DS E10+

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I don't get why it wouldn't be T just like Melee and Brawl but what ever, doesn't really change **** lol

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
Melee was t because e 10 was not a thing and brawl had snake.
EDIT
:4greninja:,d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get why it wouldn't be T just like Melee and Brawl but what ever, doesn't really change **** lol
People say that Melee was T because the E10+ rating didn't exist yet.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
Makes sense to me! More sense than T for Brawl and Melee. Why ESRB also considers toilet humor as mature content when society views fart jokes as childish is beyond me.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Melee was t because e 10 was not a thing and brawl had snake.
EDIT
:4greninja:,d
Can a single character make a rating? I think it was just a case of overreacting to something from the ESRB. Maybe they thought the violence was too realistic, and Wario's humor was too crude.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't see how Snake came off as anymore violent than any other character since all of his attacks were based off of explosions. The grab might be a bit harsh, but meh. I don't know where the line is drawn though, but I think Brawl's T rating was probably because of things like Master Hand's blood in SSE and the gritty artstyle.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The game could be evaluated by different people. There's always a degree of subjectivity. The graphics being more colorful may help.

But I don't care about age ratings anymore. In Europe, it's 12+ like Brawl and I'm over 18 years old. lol

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's kind of why the E10 rating was created because the previous version of the rating system was a bit too broad.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!!! I just got into an argument with a guy because he told me that Sm4sh was T and then I told him to go to the bottem of the website and...ugh. Anyway, I think this makes sense. Smash 4 is over all more kiddy and colorful than Brawl and Brawls SSE was kinda...sad...at parts.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thank you!!! I just got into an argument with a guy because he told me that Sm4sh was T and then I told him to go to the bottem of the website and...ugh. Anyway, I think this makes sense. Smash 4 is over all more kiddy and colorful than Brawl and Brawls SSE was kinda...sad...at parts.
Well, we still love the game, right?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Honestly, does it matter if this is rated T or E10 in the end. It's not as if the majority of us are under this rating, and kids will still flock to the game nonetheless.

Now with that said, Smash 4 DOES NOT need a T rating at this point in time.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm kinda glad it's rated e10 this time. The rating of T never really made sense to me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Melee and Brawl were released when the E-10 rating was used like it is now, they'd both be E-10 as well (instead of T).

The same thing would be true of 64 (although it was E).

MrBond

Smash Cadet
"Mild Suggestive Themes"

...but it looks like Palutena isn't wearing any underwear

I liked the T rating just because anyway.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Always wondered why it was T for Teen. I was thinking they were trying to make it E10+ when they started making all the weapons like the home run bat and ray gun look unrealistic/cartoony.

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
Interesting. It looks like Smash Bros for Wii U was actually going to have an E rating, because some videos Nintendo uploaded of Smash U showed an E rating at the start (Ex: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGWWQMimS0E) but maybe the addition of those Zamus skins changed it or something.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Snake was probably a big reason for it being rated T.

Hell, he was snapping necks after all.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Kinda thought that Brawl was rated T because of Snake. But today I had it confirmed!
THE MORE YOU KNOW! xD

Booster

Smash Lord
http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/
If you scroll to the bottom, it says E10+, meaning both smash 3DS and smash WiiU are rated E10+.
Personally, I think this is a reasonable rating for both versions.
No "Crude Humor" warning?

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED Wario/Wario Waft deconfirmed. Damn that was one of my favorite moves for it's power (Not the Project M one it got more nerfed then a Puff Ball)

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Kind of surprised that Smash 4 ain't rated T because of Samus's new skimpy costume ;)

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
No "Crude Humor" warning?

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED Wario/Wario Waft deconfirmed. Damn that was one of my favorite moves for it's power (Not the Project M one it got more nerfed then a Puff Ball)
Maybe the Waft goes under comic mischief?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This doesn't affect me. Though, it's certainly confusing.

There are some things that make sense for it to be lower, like lack of blood. But then you seem to have a bit more suggestive things like Palutena and the alt for ZSS.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter in the end.

Booster

Smash Lord
Maybe the Waft goes under comic mischief?
If so, I'm glad they realized it doesn't even qualify as "Crude Humor", it's a pretty good move (Except in Project M it's garbage) and is good for a few laughs (Solid Snake being killed by a fart or possibly Palutena/Goddess being killed with it)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The rating descriptions may be getting more specific now. Suggestive Themes is a common descriptor, but Mild Suggestive Themes is relatively recent one that allows some leeway. Crude Humor may be implictly simply due to the nature of the game, with or without Wario.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I don't see how Snake came off as anymore violent than any other character since all of his attacks were based off of explosions. The grab might be a bit harsh, but meh. I don't know where the line is drawn though, but I think Brawl's T rating was probably because of things like Master Hand's blood in SSE and the gritty artstyle.
Plus that one Snake codec...

Imber

Smash Cadet
My parents wouldn't let me buy melee back in the day because of the T rating. Instead I got shadow the hedgehog which was rated E10+ but had actual language and gun violence...and it sucked. THANKS OBAMA.

Top Bottom