• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U/3DS's Box Art.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
This is the thread to share your ideas about a Box Art for the new Smash.

Box Art is a Minor thing in a Video Game but can still change the aspect of what you think it about it,a game with an horrible box art,will look like a bad game,whether or not it actually is.

Now let's take a look at Smash's Box Art,it always had a look following the main design of the game.

[COLLAPSE="64"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Melee"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Brawl"]
[/COLLAPSE]

In this place you will share your ideas and maybe post your own Box Art.

If you plan on doing so,here is the Wii U/3DS box you can use as an example.
[COLLAPSE="Wii U game box"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="3DS game box"]
[/COLLAPSE]

But you can also make your own box if you really want to!

When I will get some Box Art,I will create a Collapse for all of them,different Collapses for the 3DS and Wii U!

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Can we make requests of boxarts with our own names for SSB4?

Someone accepts my request of a box for SSB Power Play?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The main point is the Box Art,but yes,if you want to describe/do a Box Art you can add the name you want to it,you should also point if it's the 3DS or Wii U or both.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just noticed that Kirby's actually happy on ALL of the box arts. This would've never happened on American Box art Kirby games. He's always angry. :0

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really did not expect a mario/ sonic olympic themed crossover for the 3DS version of smash. But than again, I didn't expect an arcade sports games theme for smash wii-u

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
These might be more useful as a template:

[COLLAPSE="3DS Game"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Wii U"]
[/COLLAPSE]

They're a bit off, especially the Wii U one.

It's better than using a predone cover though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My thoughts on the cover art for each game:

Even though the Smash 64 box arts are pretty cheesy, they're still pretty cool. All the Smash 64 cover arts also really fit that late 90's era very well.

The Melee cover arts are all freaking amazing. They each get me a little excited. Every time I see the Melee cover art, I'm just like "man, this is HARDCORE AND AWESOME! LET'S PLUG IN AND PLAY!" Just look at it! All those awesome characters, those awesome backgrounds, and the fact you can play as them... it gets me excited to see to say the least.

God Brawl's box art is freaking ugly. I remember when it was first "leaked" I was like "this is easily the worst smash bros fan made cover ever." I can't believe how few characters are on there, the emo "urgh, we're so serious," and the lame "it's all about the Subspace Emissary" feel just annoys me. Also, the fact that all the other starter characters (plus Sonic and Snake [maybe Marth and Ness, too]) really bugs me, too.

Let's hope the Smash WiiU and 3DS covers feature all the 3rd party characters and starters on the cover, and convey the "feel" that this multiplayer-centered game (adventure mode should be an afterthought, especially with a cover) is going to be fun, wild, crazy, and is going to kick all kinds of a**!!! :cool:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the cover art for each game:

Even though the Smash 64 box arts are pretty cheesy, they're still pretty cool. All the Smash 64 cover arts also really fit that late 90's era very well.

The Melee cover arts are all freaking amazing. They each get me a little excited. Every time I see the Melee cover art, I'm just like "man, this is HARDCORE AND AWESOME! LET'S PLUG IN AND PLAY!" Just look at it! All those awesome characters, those awesome backgrounds, and the fact you can play as them... it gets me excited to see to say the least.

God Brawl's box art is freaking ugly. I remember when it was first "leaked" I was like "this is easily the worst smash bros fan made cover ever." I can't believe how few characters are on there, the emo "urgh, we're so serious," and the lame "it's all about the Subspace Emissary" feel just annoys me. Also, the fact that all the other starter characters (plus Sonic and Snake [maybe Marth and Ness, too]) really bugs me, too.

Let's hope the Smash WiiU and 3DS covers feature all the 3rd party characters and starters on the cover, and convey the "feel" that this multiplayer-centered game (adventure mode should be an afterthought, especially with a cover) is going to be fun, wild, crazy, and is going to kick all kinds of a**!!! :cool:
You know what I thought was really cool about the 64 and Melee box arts? They actually showed them fighting (at least the North American box arts did) instead of just showing them all posing together or something *cough* like Brawl *cough*

Oh, and I laffed at the underlined part

Top Bottom