• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash VOD Archive (1900+ matches searchable with metadata)

Urz

Smash Cadet
My name is Urz. I'm a long-time fan and believer of competitive gaming as a spectator sport. A friend of mine introduced me to the Smash scene several years ago and I've been following since.

I'm working on a web archive of competitive match videos, starting with Smash, which is now public:

http://vods.co/

There are currently over 1900 3000 matches in the archive, which can be search by players, character, stage selection, and casters. There is even a no spoiler view to catch up on events you miss live (matches displayed in mostly accurate order).

Any feedback, error reports, missing/incorrect information, etc, feel free to post here or tweet me @urzo. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome dude. If possible you should make it so you can enter the same character twice, so the search can be used to find dittos.

Urz

Smash Cadet
This is awesome dude. If possible you should make it so you can enter the same character twice, so the search can be used to find dittos.
Yeah, searching for character matchups is kind of broken right now. For instance if you search for Marth and Sheik, it will return Mango/Mew2king matches.

It's on the to-do list.

Last edited:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Wow, this is just amazing. Do you have any plans on updating it when Sm4sh comes out?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Awesome.

Btw, I shared this on Melee Social on FB and everybody is loving it. At least 30 eyes on it just today.

Thanks for your work.

Orancube

Smash Cadet
Awesome! This is great :).
I was wondering, could this be used to implement ELO-ratings in the near future?
With such a library of matches one would think we have enough data :D!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
With the recent announcement of Twitch removing old VODs, are these going to go away?

Top Bottom