• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Vids... probably not?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, well i just got a new 8MP camera for Christmas. Ironically, I also received a 2 gig SD memory card Wii. Now, I was wondering, should I or should I NOT record smash videos with this camera? I'm not one of those people on youtube who records a poor video with their phone camera, and I will probably buy a mini tripod for it and stand it on a table while I play smash from the sidelines out of the shot, if i decide to do it this way. I have ran into the problem that all the button noises will be in the video, but I will probably just record music over the original sound. If I dont, though, is there a way to edit out certain sounds? I have taken videos with this camera before and they are good enough quality for a digital camera. Would taking videos like this be frowned upon due to being... n00bish?

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Standing a camera in front of the TV is okay, but the best way to capture video is just to use a VCR or DVR. Record the video on tape or DVD the play it back to a capture card on the TV.

However, with a camera you can get crowd reactions, etc... Some people prefer it, as long as the video quality is good.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thanks, this helps, cause i tried to find the answer before and there were mixed views. Also, can I find a capture card anywhere like best buy, and how much do they generally cost? I saw this one guy on SWF and he got flamed for using a camera but it wasn't good quality like you said. That, and he used Linkin Park for the video... apparently not to popular on the forums.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chances are that you're going to get flamed by somebody no matter what you do. I wouldn't base your opinions off of that. ;)

As for capture cards, they're all pretty much the same unless you're looking to make REALLY high quality stuff. To judge, go and look at some smash videos I have. (My YouTube profile is AltF4Warrior1) Everything I have on my profile was taped from VCR's and played back over a $30 capture device.

Top Bottom