• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash veggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
I am vegetarian, and pretty much into the whole culture that surrounds it.

so you know... vegetarians, vegans, anarchists, etc.....

Let me know your here if you are!! :lick:

PS: Haters, if your gonna come hate, please do so in another thread. I will debate you until your blue in the face. This is a place of happiness though :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Awww man, I cannot live a vegetarian lifestyle. I cannot live without eating cow meat, chicken, or for that matter any other kind of meat of any kind. I just can't. I love meat so much. I mean thats not to say I hate vegetables. I like them too. Especially pumpkin. Man I love taking out the insides and boiling them a bit and eating them afterwards. Especially when its in a soup my grandmother knows how to make. **** that soup is so delicious. Potaters, pumpkin, MEAT! Man I just can't live without it. I mean I couldn't even live without eating at McDonalds. Its like an addiction with that place. I love eating their quarter pounders and Mcnuggets Mmmmmmmmm.

Anyways yeah..... not vegetarian and will never be

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
I am not a vegetarian BUT I do not eat any fast food of any kind, because fast food is disgusting.

Thats a very good decision! Thinking about what you eat in general is the overall point I think most people miss anyway. Food becomes a generic source that is readily available to most. A chicken nugget, an m&m, a piece of lettuce, an apple, a twinkie.... all fall into one giant category: food.

If we accept that life is vampiric- in that you have to consume other life to remain alive yourself... eating isnt really as simple as just consuming units of nourishment. You are extinguishing another life to sustain your own.
There is nothing morally wrong with eating meat (roacherman) . because of the basic law I just described. However, what I personally find to be a moral dilemma is the loss of the connection to what our food is and where it comes from. The meat industry is absolutely terrible... the reason why most people dont want to learn about it, or watching a video would be unpleasant, is because it is unpleasant to think about your food coming from... well.. what it actually comes from. Its a classic case of complacency vs truth (like... matrix red pill vs blue pill) It goes far beyond just the idea of how the animals are treated too... its how they are regarded as product- thier life is forfeit.
Im not saying its impossible to be completely aware of all the details and understand perfectly where what your eating comes from and be totally fine with that... Im saying that its rarely the case. I try to encourage people just to think about everything... including what they eat. information is neutral, so there is no taboos. Its easier just to enjoy the gravy train and never think about where your food comes from... but it would most likely be more fulfilling if you educated yourself and made a decision with your soul and mind.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
dayum your a vegetarian and an anarchist! that must mean your also a conspiracy head?

mad props man, were definitely on the same page

"the world does not need governing; in fact it should not be governed,"

Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone."

-zhuangzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom