• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leaks From Reliable Source (Take it as you will)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patbacknitro

Smash Rookie
As with all leaks, I won't blame you for being skeptical. I'm not going to go into the details of how I got this information, as it comes from a source who's job I don't want to ruin due to a dumb post I decided to make. But I myself have no affiliation with Nintendo, so I feel safe about posting this without anything being compromised. Just a heads up, don't expect too many juicy reveals in this post, as my source has only told me about what I consider as some minor reveals. So don't expect a full list of newcomers or Assist Trophies.

I should start this post off by clarifying that Sakurai keeps a lot of the new reveals under wraps. He has a specific circle of trustworthy people help out in developing the new content in Smash Ultimate. The older content in Smash, such as the returning characters and stages, were handled by a much larger team. I can't say that my source is a part of that much larger team, but if he was then there is a slight chance that he could have seen some new content in Smash through some means ;)

Let's start off with the obvious. Yes, Smash Ultimate will have 108 stages, with 5 having yet to be revealed. 4 of the stages have been planned for a while, but 1 stage is a very last minute addition. And yes, the fabled PokeFloats 2 is that stage. PokeFloats 2 is the very last stage to be added to the base game, with its development having been started in May. That's the only stage my source could confirm for me. The other 4 stages are being handled within Sakurai's circle.

Next, I'll cover the fighters. Obviously, Ken is for certain an Echoe Fighter of Ryu. Another new addition is Shadow the Hedgehog. But my source is uncertain if he will be an Echoe of Sonic or a unique fighter. He claims to have not seen Shadow in action, but saw an unfinished character select screen where Shadow was not placed beside Sonic. This could either mean that Shadow is his own character similar to Isabelle, or that he is an Echoe fighter and his place on the roster will be fixed in a later build. Another new character is a Kirby representative, which is not Bandana Waddledee. But rather, its Adeleine who's more well known from Kirby 64. Adeleine is said to have a VERY similar move set to the one he has in Kirby Star Allies. With his Final Smash also being similar to Bowser Jr's. Those are the only new characters that my source is 100% certain of, however, that's not the end of it.

There are some interesting things to note when taking a look at the music. Certain series are getting a lot more soundtracks than in previous Smash games. Including Street Fighter, F-Zero, Mario, Mother, Sonic, Pokemon, and some I'll get to in a bit. The 1 pattern my source noticed was that the returning series with new characters or Echoe Fighters get a lot of new soundtracks added to them. Most noticeable are Mother, which is getting more music from Mother 1. Sonic, which is getting both the original and a remix of the Shadow the Hedgehog theme. And F-Zero which is adding both the Black Shadow and Blood Falcon themes from F-Zero GX. Theres 2 other themes that my source noticed, that does pretty much confirm 2 new characters. Both of which are Square Enix representatives. The first theme is a remixed Kingdom Hearts battle theme for "End of the World". This was the only Kingdom Hearts related track my source was able to find. The second is a remixed theme Waltz of the Forest. While I have not heard the remix, it has been described to be on the same level as the Gangplank Galleon remix, just without the rapping. So given the songs, it's fair to say that we can expect some Mario RPG and Kingdom Hearts representation in this game.

That's all for the meaty information I have. I have no information on Assist Trophies, Costumes, or even the Fabled Spirit Mode. Sorry, it wasn't much, but there is still 1 piece of info I have left to share. This last piece of info isn't too important but saved it for last for those who wanted the more important information first and didn't want to bother with this last bit.

Anyways, Minecraft will be represented in the game in some way. News of Microsoft and Nintendos dealings have been the talk of the Smash team for the past few months. Its uncertain whether it'll be in the form of a playable character or an Assist Trophy. But it's unlikely that Minecraft will get a stage since the stages have been set in stone since early 2017, and the dealing wasn't finalized till June. PokeFloats 2 is the one exception, but with the game being so close to launch its unlikely that they have the time to add in 1 final stage. Apart from this, there's talks of Rares properties being involved with this dealing. So what's to come of that, I have no clue. If my source comes up with more material, I'll be sure to keep all of you updated. With Smash being so close to launch, a whole wave of information should be letting loose soon enough.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry, leak threads are not allowed. If you have genuine information you are free to reach out to one of the mods here so that we can evaluate and judge its legitimacy. Until then this thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom