• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate general series discussion: Part 12: Castlevania (with polls)

Should Richter have been added to complete Simon's moveset?

• Yes, it's nice to have them both in

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Yes, only because he helped Simon's moveset

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, it should have just been Simon

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, it should have just been Richter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither of them should be fighters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The final installment of a series discussing the 12 Ips in Smash with 2 or more fighters.

Tagged for Frizz Frizz , @Alastor017 , HypnoMaster372 HypnoMaster372 , WaddleMatt WaddleMatt , Quillion Quillion , and letsgetsmashing letsgetsmashing ! If you want to get notifications on future threads, mention me in a post ( Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma Mogisthelioma ), DM me, or follow me!

If you want to check out the previous threads, use these links!
Super Mario
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Kirby
Star Fox
Pokemon
Earthbound/Mother
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing

I apologize for rushing this one in, I don't want to make them after the direct.

Castlevania is one of Nintendo's oldest icons, predating legendary games such as Super Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time. With dozens of installments cataloging the history of Draculla and his enemies, Castlevania has inspired many a game and will remain one of gaming's best examples of excellence.

Since the opening discussion always covers the roster, today's topic will be....

In the Nintendo direct on August 8, Sakurai explained that Both Simon and Richter used each others' items from their games in their movesets. Regarding Richter as an echo fighter, how do you feel about this? SHould he have been added?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
They should have given him a different-looking whip, like the combat cross, or anything besides the mace head.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
As in different finishers, or just lower damage, but better frames/speed?
If the whip doesn't have a mace head, they might change the damage it does or remove the sweetspot. Nothing else has to change. I simply prefer the aesthetics of the combat cross.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't know too much about the Castlevania franchise, but I definitely still welcome Richter with open arms. It WOULD be nice to have the two only Castlevania characters play differently, but Echo or not, Richter was a nice surprise bonus to when we all expected only Simon to be playable.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
From my understanding, and I may be misinformed, but isn't Richter and Simon very much like Ken and Ryu? Where Richter may be slightly faster, but at the cost of lower weight/power?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
From my understanding, and I may be misinformed, but isn't Richter and Simon very much like Ken and Ryu? Where Richter may be slightly faster, but at the cost of lower weight/power?
Ken's abilities were multi hits. That's his major difference, although he is a bit faster. I'm not sure if we've confirmed the differences between the Belmonts, but we do know they have different colored holy water.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Ken's abilities were multi hits. That's his major difference, although he is a bit faster. I'm not sure if we've confirmed the differences between the Belmonts, but we do know they have different colored holy water.
Oh yeah and I dig the multi hits...what I meant was, if he is gonna be faster, he has to be either a little weaker or a little lighter. SOMETHING to trade off for the speed. You can't just make an echo flat out better than the original XD

Top Bottom