• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate DLC Poll

Whats Your Most Wanted DLC Character

• Total voters

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I just think the recurring ones (which double being fan favorites) should be a higher priority. Fan demand + franchise relevance > fan demand alone.

Earthbound and Fire Emblem don't HAVE recurring characters, and when Zelda is plumb out of them, then we can start arguing about the 50 fan favorite Zelda characters of equal (lack of) relevancy who should or shouldn't be in Smash Bros.
Actually, Fire Emblem does have recurent character

Zelda have Impa, Tingle, Tetra and Vaati as recurent characters, outside of easter eggs, 5 minute apperance and Spin Off characters

Fire Emblem have a lot of characters from Path of Radiance that came back in Radiant Down, a lot of characters from Shadow Dragon, that came back in both Echoes and the sequel (which I forgot the name of), but in the big names, we have Tiki, Black Knight, Sothe, and the Pegasus Sisters

So yeah, it doesn't really count ? And I mean, out of the Zelda recurent characters, we have one that stopped being recurent, which is arguably worse since they made the choice to make him stop appearing because of the fan base (especially Japan) hating him, one that people want as an Echo, so doesn't really count as a "Newcommer", one that is partially own by Capcom, and that gave some issues if the lack of his Human Form Spirit is anything to go by, and Tetra is the one that is actually liked, but that's only one so ... Yeah, I think that removing One off of the picture totally is ... a bit too bad knowing that, if Fire Emblem and Sheik are anything to go by, it never have been a rule

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really confirmed, though neither is it being the Skull Kid himself, but he does know Saria's Song...

And I think side-quests can count; it's not like Tingle is a main character outside of his spin-offs.
Well, the difference between Tingle and Skull Kid, is that Tingle is not in a side quest that last 5 minutes haha, you seem him all through the game, and he was actually needed in Wind Waker, but Zelda kinda killed him off since 10 years, he didn't appear in any mainline game since then
Also the whole thing wihh TP Skull Kid being MM Skull Kid bother me for a lots of reasons... Why did his design changed that much? What is he doing in Hyrule when he was living in Termina? Why does he play a Trumpet instead of the Flute or Ocarina that he is seing playing before? Why does he attack Link instead of just helping him, he must recognize him if he was the same? The fact that Skull Kid is just a generic member of his species without name doesn't really help either to identify him...

My problem with Skull Kid is, if we don't count him as a one off because of the side quest in OOT that take 5 minutes, I think that Midna that had an entire Spin Off with only her might count too
Between a 5 minute apparition in a main game, or a whole spin off, I think both are good for consideration, or none are really...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, the difference between Tingle and Skull Kid, is that Tingle is not in a side quest that last 5 minutes haha, you seem him all through the game, and he was actually needed in Wind Waker, but Zelda kinda killed him off since 10 years, he didn't appear in any mainline game since then
Also the whole thing wihh TP Skull Kid being MM Skull Kid bother me for a lots of reasons... Why did his design changed that much? What is he doing in Hyrule when he was living in Termina? Why does he play a Trumpet instead of the Flute or Ocarina that he is seing playing before? Why does he attack Link instead of just helping him, he must recognize him if he was the same? The fact that Skull Kid is just a generic member of his species without name doesn't really help either to identify him...

My problem with Skull Kid is, if we don't count him as a one off because of the side quest in OOT that take 5 minutes, I think that Midna that had an entire Spin Off with only her might count too
Between a 5 minute apparition in a main game, or a whole spin off, I think both are good for consideration, or none are really...
I wasn't saying anything against Midna, I think she could be cool too, just saying stuff for Skull Kid as personally I would prefer him and Tingle as well but y'know.

Though TP Skull Kid seems to be playing a "game" with Link, he does have some nice character development in MM and a personality overall (since he's the only Skull Kid the series really put focus on), and idk about the other differences but he's not the only character/thing with a different design. And technically it's not the same Link.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't saying anything against Midna, I think she could be cool too, just saying stuff for Skull Kid as personally I would prefer him and Tingle as well but y'know.

Though TP Skull Kid seems to be playing a "game" with Link, he does have some nice character development in MM and a personality overall (since he's the only Skull Kid the series really put focus on), and idk about the other differences but he's not the only character/thing with a different design. And technically it's not the same Link.
Well, the thing is, the other characters with varying designs are justified by being from different timelines (For exemple Tingle between MM and WW), or simply getting the same design in a different artsyle, but that's not the case for Skull Kid, which make his total appearance change... Really really weird..
I'm not saying there isn't a connection between the two, but that it would be really strange for it to be the same Skull Kid when they are nothing alike

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not saying there isn't a connection between the two, but that it would be really strange for it to be the same Skull Kid when they are nothing alike
I dunno, they both know Saria's Song, the clothing is similar in ways, and they're still forest imps.

I also meant how most enemies and stuff have different designs in TP than even in MM and OoT, but TP is another case of a different timeline so. You could say his face kinda looks like the MM moon I guess.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Just came here to vote for my only real wanted character that being Sora.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Obviously voted Toad.
Guy's been the protagonist of Wario Woods for both NES and SNES, the successful Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for Wii U, Switch and 3DS plus two Japan exclusive titles, not to mention going from strength to strength with Toad being heavily promoted in Mario Maker 2 alongside Toadette and been pretty busy this year with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
Not sure what he has to exactly do to grab Sakurai's attention fully, but hey ho at least he's no longer a hapless meatshield in Smash.

Midna had a whole spinoff to herself?

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Obviously voted Toad.
Guy's been the protagonist of Wario Woods for both NES and SNES, the successful Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for Wii U, Switch and 3DS plus two Japan exclusive titles, not to mention going from strength to strength with Toad being heavily promoted in Mario Maker 2 alongside Toadette and been pretty busy this year with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
Not sure what he has to exactly do to grab Sakurai's attention fully, but hey ho at least he's no longer a hapless meatshield in Smash.

Midna had a whole spinoff to herself?
Well, yes, as much as people don't really know about it, Zelda : Twilight Princess Picross was a game, and a pretty complete one at that, with Midna being your guide and only character in the game, it's a pretty fun game really, but people usually dismiss it for being a Picross game... Even though there is no better choice for a type of game like Picross, than a Puzzle game like Zelda, and the greatest irony is when they count Tingle's spin off who never got out of Japan, but refuse to count this one...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, yes, as much as people don't really know about it, Zelda : Twilight Princess Picross was a game, and a pretty complete one at that, with Midna being your guide and only character in the game, it's a pretty fun game really, but people usually dismiss it for being a Picross game... Even though there is no better choice for a type of game like Picross, than a Puzzle game like Zelda, and the greatest irony is when they count Tingle's spin off who never got out of Japan, but refuse to count this one...
Huh. I honestly have never heard of this one before. Weirdly Midna's Zeldapedia entry also didn't mention it hence my confusion. Thanks for clearing that up, I'm going to go check it out.

Although Tingle's Freshly Picked Rupeeland did actually come out to the EU at least. I've seen it in the UK very briefly a long time ago. Probably didn't make it to the US because of the ridiculous vocal hatebase about Tingle being weird and pretending to be a fairy...

...that actually sounds even more idiotic to me now I've written it out. US, get over your Tingle hate. It's stupid.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Although Tingle's Freshly Picked Rupeeland did actually come out to the EU at least. I've seen it in the UK very briefly a long time ago. Probably didn't make it to the US because of the ridiculous vocal hatebase about Tingle being weird and pretending to be a fairy...

...that actually sounds even more idiotic to me now I've written it out. US, get over your Tingle hate. It's stupid.
I only hear about this secondhand. I've never personally met an American who hated Tingle, so this reputation we apparently have is weird to me.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
On the poll, I chose Poochy (from the Yoshi franchise). Ever since Smash 64 (1999), Yoshi has been the only representative of his franchise, and Poochy would be a 2nd representative. Other fighters who I want to see in the game (who are on the poll) are Tails, Shadow, Banjo & Kazooie, Toad, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro.

Other fighters who I want to see in the game who are NOT on the poll include Toothless (dragon from How To Train Your Dragon series), Boshi, Birdo, Stitch (Disney character), Totodile or Feraligatr (from Pokemon franchise), Timber or Tiptup (from Diddy Kong Racing), a generic Koopa Troopa, Captain Toad, and Agumon or Guilmon (from Digimon series).

Last edited:
Top Bottom