• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate DLC Information from Sources. Primarily for Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patbacknitro

Smash Rookie
Before I begin the topic at hand, I want to get a few things clear. If you're here for specific character details, then you will be disappointed. I'm not here to announce specific characters, but rather to deliver some information from my sources. Some of the things I will bring up will match with what Vergeben and Hitagi have been saying for a while. There will also be some new information which neither side has yet to release. The point of this post is primarily for discussion. To take this new info, compare it to the other credible Smash leakers, and then use our own deductive skills to make of it what we will. I would also like to state that I will be separating this post into 2 sections. Facts and Theories. The facts will be absolutely certain details that my sources have 100% faith in, while the theories will be certain situations or circumstances that my sources are not entirely sure of, but feel that it gives a solid narrative to the facts. With all that out of the way, here is what I have to give.

Fact: Despite what some might think, Sakurai did not just now get the DLC list from Nintendo. Sakurai received the DLC list from Nintendo months ago, and Sakurai has just recently finished the planning phase for the DLC. While the contents of the list are unknown, its a fact that Sakurai has received the requests from Nintendo before the roster was finalized.

Theory: It believed that the character list could have had way more than 5 characters chosen. This would seem obvious given Sakurai's tweet stating that he would go through the list and see what characters he could make into fighters. However, another reason to add onto this is that apparently the DLC list wasn't just about specific characters, but rather different 3rd party companies. When you hear this you'd obviously think companies like Ubisoft and Square Enix would be on the list. However, word of mouth around the office is saying that Nintendo has been setting up meetings with unusual companies that they normally don't associate with. 1. being Microsoft (Which could line up with what Hitagi has been saying about Steve being added) While this is primarily speculation, and could just be about topics entirely separate from Smash Ultimate, it is possible that Sakurai was given a lengthy list of companies and their representative characters to choose from. And while 5 characters are the set amount of DLC characters, there could potentially be more after this first set of fighters.

Fact: The 2 companies who for sure have DLC characters planned for Smash Ultimate are Square Enix and Microsoft (I know I just stated it was speculation, but that was more for the companies I didn't list rather than Microsoft themselves). Employees at both companies have been talking up a storm about Smash Brothers Ultimate and while normally that wouldn't be enough to prove that they have characters planned to be in the game. Employees from both Microsoft and Square Enix have been getting fired over specific information getting released.

Theory 1: Square Enix is the trickiest when it comes to Smash Leaks. Everyone knows at this point how they set up fake character leaks to catch anyone who leaks that info, so not even the most reliable Smash sources can give specifics. However, Nintendo has had several meeting with Disney all throughout this year. This could be because of 2 reasons. The optimistic reason is Nintendo trying to work out a deal with both Disney and Square Enix to have Sora in Smash. However, the more likely reason is for the Nintendo cameo in Wreck it Ralph 2. Earlier this year at one of Disneys resorts there was a park which had promotional signs for Wreck it Ralph 2. And these signs were caught playing a remix of one of the Super Mario Kart themes. Chances are the meetings were for the movie, but there's still hope for Sora.

Theory 2: Both Hitagi and Vergeben have been saying that Steve will be playable in Smash Ultimate (Well Vergebendidn't know for certain but you get the picture) and they might not be wrong. However, its to be noted that the Microsoft offices are in a brutal leak war between those who say Banjo is going to be the rep, vs those who say Steve is going to be the rep. While the argument is leaning more towards Steve, you can see how this conflicting information between the 2 characters could confuse a lot of Smash Leakers. My sources have had issues getting information from Microsoft insiders, however, they have connected some dots that could explain where this confusion is coming from. Now, like with Smash Brothers WiiU/3DS, its believed that Mii Fighter Costumes (And apparently character costumes) could make it in the game as DLC as well. While that's again speculation, it could mean that Minecrafts Steve could make it in the game as a costume rather than a fighter. Or Banjo could make it in the game as a costume rather than a fighter. Both sides of the Microsoft Employees feel 100% certain that their character of choice will, in fact, be in the game. If both sides have several people faithfully backing their side up, then there is a possibility that both sides could be right. But one of their characters will make it in differently than the other.

That's all I have for you right now. I won't be able to bring up much more for discussion until, most likely, after launch when the DLC becomes the primary focus. As I said this information was mostly for discussion as well as getting some new information out there. It's not much, but make of it what you will. That being said if you have any questions then ask away. There is some information I have not shared in this post for multiple reasons, so if you bring up a topic not mentioned in this post then I'll see if I have any info I can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom