• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Is there a way to order stages by franchises? sometimes I want to play as a mario stage or metroid stage and I want to see all the options but I have to look everywhere to find them all and is kinda annoying...

D

Deleted member

Is there a way to order stages by franchises? sometimes I want to play as a mario stage or metroid stage and I want to see all the options but I have to look everywhere to find them all and is kinda annoying...
Trying to find one specific stage is torture in this game

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think about input lag?
I honestly think that it was bull****, and I don't even notice it. I actually think that trolls on /v/ are using this as the reason why ultimate is considered as worse.
I have noticed zero input lag with my Pro Controller. Don't know what people are going on about, honestly.

banana29

Smash Cadet
We need more female characters.

We all want more third parties.

We also need a character that can compete with Joker in terms of both fashion sense and unexpectedness.

There's only one character who can check off all 4 of those boxes.

View attachment 182484
Link needs my avi’s costume
We also need a botw Zelda costume
What do you guys think about input lag?
I honestly think that it was bull****, and I don't even notice it. I actually think that trolls on /v/ are using this as the reason why ultimate is considered as worse.
I wish he tested third party stuff too

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have work every day. I get to play some Classic or WoL on breaks. And when I'm not playing Smash I'm on this board or Twitter talking about Smash.

I'm so in love with this game honestly. I'm a big single player guy so the new Classic mode and tons of unlocks is great for me. World of Light is insanely hard sometimes (who let Yarn Yoshi's Spirit battle be a thing) but it's also a delight. Wonderful little world, amazing battles, some really great surprises. So glad the Spirit Board has them too.

Custom rulesets was a great addition too. I made a mode based on Ryu's Classic mode with added FS Meter and it's become one of my favorite ways to play. Can't wait to learn Ken when I unlock him. And Incineroar has been a blast. Everyone feels so good to be this game. I just have to get gud.

Huh, alright. Well if you could do it in the other games then it's still strange that they took it out for some reason, but I guess it's not TOO big of a deal. Still kinda dumb tho, since I'm assuming the romancing leads to interesting character interactions that would be nice to see with other characters, or if someone really likes a guy it would be cool to let Joker romance them. I mean from what I hear P5 is really amazing so it's kinda hard to find a "biggest" problem with it.
Literally my only problem with vanilla P5 is that I want to date Yusuke. His social link is a delight anyway, I just want to have that extra bit of dating at the end because Joker/Yusuke is a very good ship. If they added that and allowed him to be in the few extra little dating scenes that pop up it'd be perfect in my eyes.

Honestly though romance is a tiny part of the game. It's friendships and relationships first. Romance is just an option and you're not penalized for going the friendship route which is nice. The dating thing is just sort of a joke within the fandom because P4's protagonist could date without consequence.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i found out they put the stages in order of games 64-melee- Brawl-4 and then Ultamate. Makes it a bit more easy for me to find everything

D

Deleted member

Okay, real talk here:
Smash 64<Melee<Brawl<Project M<Sm4sh<<<<<<<<Ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Until they patch in decent online matchmaking, Ultimate will always be < Sm4sh for me. It's better then Sm4sh in literally every inther way aside from good online, which imo is necessary for a game like Smash

Pakky

Smash Hero
I wonder how on the table is Soul Calibur?

I really want Ivy but her left boobie could be too big for smash :(

Sora too is go choice but his feet are far too large for smash :(

Until they patch in decent online matchmaking, Ultimate will always be < Sm4sh for me. It's better then Sm4sh in literally every inther way aside from good online, which imo is necessary for a game like Smash
I agree which is a shame. Like I mean is NO one playing singles, I've gotten like only what ten matches?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would honestly say I liked both Melee and Brawl better than Sm4sh.
people boutta punk on you for saying that Brawl was better then Sm4sh but Brawl deadass had the best single-player content in Smash. If I didn't care about multiplayer as much as I do, then Brawl would be my favorite too

banana29

Smash Cadet
Okay, real talk here:
Smash 64<Melee<Brawl<Project M<Sm4sh<<<<<<<<Ultimate
Ultimate > Smash 4 >> Brawl >>> Smash 64

Unsure where to put melee in relation to Ultimate
Speaking of, do you know the source of the picture in your avatar? I love it so much!

And, yeah, a Gerudo Link alt would be amazing! :)
source is here: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62355101

But I got it from r/cutetraps
Just search Link

D

Deleted member

We need more good waifus in Smash
The only good ones right now are the female :ultpikachu: and :ultisabelle:

D

Deleted member

Anybody find themselves enjoying a character that they didn't think they'd play?

I've been enjoying the crap out of King K. Rool since I wanted him badly, but the other day when my brother wanted to play some, I decided to mess around with other characters. I never liked Samus before, but I tried out Dark Samus and really liked her a lot. I don't know the exact differences between the two, but whatever they are, it's just subtle enough for me to enjoy playing with Dark Samus over the original.

After the match, my brother even asked "Wow, you've been playing Dark Samus a lot, huh?" I laughed and responded back with "Actually, that was my first time playing her". He was pretty surprised and I think I found a new character to play around with and add to my arsenal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of, do you know the source of the picture in your avatar? I love it so much!

And, yeah, a Gerudo Link alt would be amazing! :)
it would be amazing

but Im sure people will be pissed that its in the game because "its offensive" reasons
But itnis honestly one of links best outfits
waaait a second. I think I had that picture in my favs before Pixiv purged some of my favs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ input lag
Reminder input lag can be caused by too many wireless signals in a room. I know I noticed my Wii U Pro Controller to be a lot less responsive than my 3DS and that's because my living room has a bunch of devices cinmected to the home wifi(computers, phones, our PS4). It's not an issue exclusive to Smash much less the Switch.
Handheld mode or GC controllers should circumvent that. when's wired pro controllers tho

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
bruh u never seen peach's little victory dances? Or her la-la-la taunt? Or what about Zelda's new bombastic, upbeat personality? It's adorable as ****

also WFT is pretty hot don't lie

The trick here is to realize they're only into non-anthropomorphic cartoon animals and to stop replying because the reason the conversation continues is because people give it attention. :warioc:

D

Deleted member

bruh u never seen peach's little victory dances? Or her la-la-la taunt? Or what about Zelda's new bombastic, upbeat personality? It's adorable as ****

also WFT is pretty hot don't lie
pffffft, **** that
have you seen Isabelle's taunts/sleeping animation

banana29

Smash Cadet
Thanks, buddy! :)
it would be amazing

but Im sure people will be pissed that its in the game because "its offensive" reasons
But itnis honestly one of links best outfits

waaait a second. I think I had that picture in my favs before Pixiv purged some of my favs
Yay you guys have great taste lol
r/cutetraps and it’s nsfw versions have better pictures too :3

banana29

Smash Cadet
I still need to get my hands on some GC controllers

I haven’t been able to buy the adapter

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait are they actually a thing or the USB cords just for charging? Because I hate GC controllers so if I ever plan on participating in a torunament, I'd need those.
Here's an officially licensed wired Switch controller
There's a bunch of others around as well.

I just use a gamecube controller so I haven't done much research into it so sorry if this isn't necessarily what you're after, but hey

D

Deleted member

The trick here is to realize they're only into non-anthropomorphic cartoon animals and to stop replying because the reason the conversation continues is because people give it attention. :warioc:
The trick here is to keep talking to me because I'm lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom