• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Direct Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrytheKoopaGuy

Smash Rookie
Hello. I am a member of the of the American marketing team for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Specifically, I help look over the Smash Directs after completion(ie: checking translation, regional name changes, checking for typos) Do not assume I know everything, as I am nowhere near the head of marketing, and as for video proof, the only game footage in my possession is from the upcoming Smash Direct that is currently scheduled for October 16, and I have no intention of being sued by Nintendo. Segwaying to the information currently at my disposal, here it is.(Warning: it’s fairly long)

There 5 new fighters:
Incineroar(Pokemon)
Isaac(Golden Sun)
Skull Kid(Legend of Zelda)
Bandana Waddle Dee(Kirby)
Geno(Super Mario RPG)

There are 4 new Echoes:
Ken for Ryu(Hadouken appears to weaker than Ryu’s. Shoryuken is stronger and has a fire effect)
Dixie Kong for Diddy Kong(Has the bubblegum gun, same attributes as peanut popgun. Uses her hair to spin around, similar to DK’s up special. Has an air guitar taunt)
Shadow for Sonic(Up special is Chaos Control, similar to Mewtwo’s teleport. Slightly slower than Sonic, but harder hitting)
Octoling for Inkling(not shown in the direct)

Moving onto Direct-specific info:
Inineroar’s reveal opens with Little Mac and Ryu fighting in a sort of boxing ring setting(think Little Mac’s reveal), when suddenly a victory bell rings and a fireball lands next to them. The fire dissipates, revealing Incineroar, who promptly lets out an intimidating roar, with the tagline “Incineroar Brings the Heat!” Incineroar has Overheat, Darkest Lariat, an upward Shadow Claw, and Rock Smash as his specials, with it’s Z-Move Malicious Moonsault as a Final Smash.
A figure(Ken) is then shown through the entrance of the building, who says “Care for another round?” before the screen fades to white.

Mr. Sakurai then explains Incineroar’s moveset and uses Ken to segway into two more Echoes: Shadow and Dixie Kong.

Some assist trophies are then shown off, including:
Creeper(Minecraft)
Excitebike(Returning from Brawl)
Duster(Mother 3)
Hector(Fire Emblem)
Palutena’s Guard(Kid Icarus, think Cuccos, but angels)
Glass Joe(Punch Out)
2 new Pokemon are shown off:
Chandelure
Tauros

Following this, another reveal trailer is shown, this time for Isaac. It begins with an epic battle of Link, Marth, and Shulk battling Rathalos in its Boss stage. Shulk goes down first, with Marth following. Rathalos is is about to land on top of Link when he is slammed by a group of boulders. The camera pans to Isaac, who says “If you’re not here to help my friends, then get out of my way!” His tagline is “Isaac Breaks Ground!” His specials include Rockslide(drops boulders directly in front of him at an angle), Move(His hand attack from Brawl, but smaller and lasts for a shorter time),Carry(Uses a hand to lift himself up, similar to Duck Hunt), and Cure(lays down a healing field exclusive to him and his teammates that dissipates as soon as someone is healed by it, It heals 10% and takes 20 seconds to recharge). His grab uses thorny vines that rise from the ground. His final smash is Grand Gaia. All of this is explained by Mr. Sakurai.

More details on Spirits mode are given:
Similar to classic mode, except with bosses instead of fighters
Characters are unlocked by defeating bosses from their series
Characters without specific villains, such as Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, will be unlocked by fighting miscellaneous bosses, such as Rathalos
Bosses are randomized every playthrough(bosses with characters still locked behind them are prioritized)
Petey Piranha and Porky are revealed to be returning from Brawl, with the Death Egg Robot being a new boss

3 new stages are shown off, being Mercury Lighthouse from Golden Sun, a new Poke Floats stage, and Central Highway from Mega Man X.

Mr. Sakurai then says there is one more announcement and and bids the audience farewell

The final reveal for the Direct is that of Skull Kid. Young Link, Sonic and Pit are walking through the Lost Woods from Ocarina of Time. Pit suddenly disappears, letting out a yelp. Young Link and Sonic look in Pit’s former direction with surprise and confusion. Then Sonic also disappears into the darkness. Young Link looks around, desperate to know what’s going on, when he hears Skull Kid’s signature laugh. He looks up and sees Skull Kid silhouetted against the moon. The villain doubles over and laughs even harder, with the tagline “Skull Kid Curses the Competition!” appearing. He appears to have a dark energy blast, similar to Mewtwo’s Shadow Ball, an attack that cloaks him in energy(probably his up special), an attack where he plays an ocarina to hurt foes close to him, and an attack that uses Tatl and Tael as projectiles. He’s shown using the moon assist trophy and using what appears to Majora’s Wrath as a final smash. A small cutscene plays of a beat-up Young Link pulling out the Fierce Deity mask, which is his final smash.

Moving on from the Direct,
Bandana Waddle Dee, Octoling, and Deno are planned to be revealed at a later date. I don’t know when, so don’t ask.

I’m hearing least one DLC character is currently in development, but no one but the higher-ups knows who it is as of right now.

Again, sorry for how long this was, but I won’t be posting again and I wanted to get all of my info out there at once.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Individual leak threads are not allowed. If you have any actual evidence supporting your claims, contact one of the moderators or administrators so we can determine its legitimacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom