• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament in Fresno October 11 VENUE CONFIRMED

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
StoneFallow and I are hosting a Smash 64 Singles Tournament Saturday October 11 in Fresno, CA. We had to change the date due to interest, time, and venue issues, no worries though! It's still happening!

If there is enough interest we will attempt to do a Doubles tournament as well.
Also, if there is enough time and interest we are willing to do a second Singles tournament.

Who: Anyone who wants to come out, we are looking to get at least 16.
When: 10:00 Registration Matches start immediately following
Where: Residence Inn Fresno 5322 N Diana Avenue business room

$5 buy in, double elimination, BYOC, money matches and friendlies allowed on the side.

$5 venue fee, waive to the first 4 people who bring a full set up.

Payout: If less than 20 people 75/15/10 If more than 20, 65/25/10

• Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
  • Items are disabled.
  • Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
  • Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
  • Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage.

• Neutral Stages
    • Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Congo Jungle
    • Peach's Castle
So this is going to be the first (of hopefully many) Smash 64 tournament in Fresno for a long time, Central Cal normally gets screwed, as the big Cali scene is in LA. If interested, let us know so we can make proper accommodations.

Any questions or comments, let us know, let's make this a regular thing guys!

Last edited:

Pinkie_Pie

Smash Rookie
yes mad hype i have always dreamed that there would be a 64 tournament in central cali but i never thought it would actually happen I'll definitely be going and I'll be bringing 4 friends and a setup so that's a guaranteed 5 people going and an extra setup you needed

Last edited:

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
yes mad hype i have always dreamed that there would be a 64 tournament in central cali but i never thought it would actually happen I'll definitely be going and I'll be bringing 4 friends and a setup so that's a guaranteed 5 people going and an extra setup you needed
Sweet man! We appreciate it!

Drex

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you fellows run your tournaments along with mine every month?

Stonefallow

Smash Cadet
Thank you Syph for setting up this thread. I will be there and so will Richard. I'm glad to see some excitement being generated for Fresno!

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
I think I will be able to hit this tournament up.... everyone should come yesyes

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
@ Zeds Zeds Yeah, straight up did not show, did not answer his phone.... I was the saltiest......... mannnnnnnnn hahaha, that is too grimy

Top Bottom