• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tournament at Penn State

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone giving everyone a heads up that Saturday September 12th there will be large smash tournament up at Penn State university in Pennsylvania. For the first time 64 will be featured as a side event at this tournament and hopefully with enough interest and sign ups it could become a regular event. If you live within a couple of hours try and make it out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/792042284249534/
The link to the Facebook page and the address

http://www.statesmash.gg
Link to the preregistration page for a $5 discount on the venue fee.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N5-iRIIRn_hOE0oENjGODEPvmQ82GASIQoWGx627a-E/viewform?c=0&w=1
and finally a link to gauge the attendance of specific 64 players

Standard tournament rules, 5 stock, DL only, best of 3, best of 5 for finals, double elimination. Another $5 dollar fee to enter the 64 tournament.

So far there has been growing local support for 64 at Penn State, around 10 solid committed players. Most of the Central PA crew will come up and several of the Baltimore crew. Anyone from New York, New Jersey, Ohio, MD/VA, and obviously PA should try and make it to the tournament.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I need a schedule ASAP in order to know for sure.
I have the GRE on the Tuesday after this, and am going to have to make this a quickie if I do this (can't do a multi-day event).

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I need a schedule ASAP in order to know for sure.
I have the GRE on the Tuesday after this, and am going to have to make this a quickie if I do this (can't do a multi-day event).
64 is just Saturday.

Wait is Penn state in Philly? I forget lol hopefully it is
Dude you're from Pennsylvania and live in Philly, how do you not know where Penn State is? Quick question, do you know where University of Pittsburgh is?

Last edited:

StevieG

Smash Rookie
A couple things to keep in mind:

1) We want to start the bracket around 3 on Saturday, so make sure to be there by then. The venue opens at 11am, and many people likely will be there before 3 to play friendlies.
2) This is a PSU football weekend. That means traffic will be extra ridiculous from all directions. Leave a little extra early.
3) There is a lot of construction on the roads from Harrisburg to State College. Expect some delays.
4) SETUPS!!!!! We want plenty so the event runs nicely and so there are open consoles for friendlies.
5) I believe there is limited parking at the venue. I don't know much of anything else about the parking situation, but be warned that you might have to find parking elsewhere.
6) If you preregistered by 9/7, it should be $10 venue and $5 for the 64 bracket. If you didn't, it should be $15 venue and $5 for bracket. You can register at the door.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
2) This is a PSU football weekend. That means traffic will be extra ridiculous from all directions. Leave a little extra early.
3) There is a lot of construction on the roads from Harrisburg to State College. Expect some delays.
Oh boy. Penn State is a fun place on game day. The game is at noon, so if you're coming for 64 at 3:00, you could probably dodge the worst of the traffic, but it'll be hard to find a parking spot.

Edit: But the bars will be packed (and the cover charges expensive...) for drinking afterwards!

Last edited:
Top Bottom