• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Summit Returns on Nov 3 - 6, Invitees Announced

Who do you think will win Smash Summit 3?

• Leffen

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • SFAT

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Armada

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Mango

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Hungrybox

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Shroomed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axe

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Plup

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Westballz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mew2King

Votes: 19 17.8%

• Total voters
Beyond the Summit has announced the third iteration of the Smash Summit series, another 16-man Super Smash Bros. Melee invitational to be held on November 3 - 6.

Just like previous Smash Summit events, 10 players have been pre-selected by the organizers while the remaining 6 will be decided via votes on smashgg. Here are the invited players:
  • Adam "A | Armada" Lindgren
  • DaJuan "WFX | Shroomed" McDaniel
  • Jason "FOX | Mew2King" Zimmerman
  • Jeffrey "TS | Axe" Williamson
  • Joseph "C9 | Mango" Marquez
  • Juan "TL | Hungrybox" Debiedma
  • Justin "PG | Plup" McGrath
  • Weston "G2 | Westballz" Dennis
  • William "TSM | Leffen" Hjelte
  • Zachary "CLG | SFAT" Cordoni
A notable highlight of the invitees is Leffen, who has not attended a US tournament since HTC Throwdown in the September of 2015. His ability to attend Smash Summit 3 is not wholly confirmed, though he has stated on Twitter that efforts are being done in order to do so.

Full details of the fan vote will be announced soon, so be sure to follow Beyond the Summit's Twitter account for updates.

Armada won the last 2 Smash Summits. Who do you think will win this year? Let us know in the poll below!

For more on Smash Summit 3, stay tuned to Smashboards.

Comments

Glad to see SFAT formally invited. After beating all of the top active American players within the past 2 months, of all the non-Gods but Plup (and maybe Axe), he deserves that spot.

As for Leffen, hopefully this is his first tournament back in the United States (on a full-time/non-restricted basis) since The Big House 5.

Lastly, it is sad we don't get PPMD yet. Hopefully he is recovering greatly, and will be back in 2017 though.

With that caveat of no PPMD (due to health issues), this is the perfect top 10 list. I can't think of any criticisms of it.

I really hope Leffen can get his Visa situation figured out by Summit. Would love to see him compete!

Glad to see SFAT formally invited. After beating all of the top active American players within the past 2 months, of all the non-Gods but Plup (and maybe Axe), he deserves that spot.

As for Leffen, hopefully this is his first tournament back in the United States (on a full-time/non-restricted basis) since The Big House 5.

Lastly, it is sad we don't get PPMD yet. Hopefully he is recovering greatly, and will be back in 2017 though.

With that caveat of no PPMD (due to health issues), this is the perfect top 10 list. I can't think of any criticisms of it.
I actually think SFAT deserves it more than Plup and Axe, he has beat quite a few Gods recently, gotten 2nd at two majors (Plup hasnt done this in the past year) the only thing that might make them even is the fact that Plup had an amazing performance at EVO and is a little more consistent throughout the course of the entire year; SFAT has only been up and coming the past couple of months. And of course Axe has just been bustering out everywhere :(

I actually think SFAT deserves it more than Plup and Axe, he has beat quite a few Gods recently, gotten 2nd at two majors (Plup hasnt done this in the past year) the only thing that might make them even is the fact that Plup had an amazing performance at EVO and is a little more consistent throughout the course of the entire year; SFAT has only been up and coming the past couple of months. And of course Axe has just been bustering out everywhere :(
Axe has actually played the best he has ever played this year by a pretty good margin, and his average results have been about as good as they've ever been.

The thing is... Plup has overshadowed him since about August of last year. Plup got 3rd at EVO, has beaten every active top player this year in sets (except Armada, who he's only faced in 1, 2 or maybe even 3 sets this year), and Plup's status has just been rising and rising.

Meanwhile, SFAT has been overshadowing even a few of the Gods the last few months, with that insane 4 stock comeback against Plup's Samus on Final Destination as Fox (which IMO is hands down the greatest comeback I have seen in any Smash game), being the first player to ever win a Best-of-5 against Mango down 0-2 (Mango gave up in Game 5), and beating all of the active Gods but Armada lately (whom he hasn't faced since Battle of 5 Gods where he choked away what could have been a 3-0, instead he lost 1-3).
PPMD :/ no... Please come back soon
Still, its gonna be a great event
You gotta believe in the PPMD Kreygasms, so the PPMD Kreygasms can believe in you!

Last edited:
Leffen! I really hope he can go to this tournament, he deserves it
and well, I hope PPMD gets well and returns soon, my favorite
player of all time :')

Top Bottom