• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Summit 2: The Case For The Moon

Will you be voting for The Moon for Smash Summit 2?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters
As Smash Summit 2 heads into its voting phase, players will be voting with their wallets for which six players will be invited to attend the event alongside those ten already invited. Smashboards is giving the opportunity to all those involved to come here and make the case for why they should make it in. Currently 14th place and set for elimination at the time of writing, Clash Tournament's own The Moon has serious passion and drive to compete at the event. This Marth player is currently the highest ranked solo Marth main in the world, but there's even more than meets the eye to this player. Here is the case for The Moon.

Thundercats HO!

The Moon began his competitive Melee career back in 2010. "I'm naturally a competitive person," he told us. "So I wanted to test myself and see how well I can do in tournaments." Marth was a lucky first pick for him competitively as prior to Marth he played casually as Roy. "I used Roy because who doesn't like fire right?"

His first major performance was at NEC XII in 2012, where he took 4th, but even with that performance he wouldn't gain proper notice until ROM 6 in 2013. He took down Chillin in a spectacular final stock that was commentated by legends Prog and D1, where he did "the infamous thunder cats" to complete the game. He managed to place on the 2013 MIOM SSBMRank and has been rising up the ranks ever since.

The Moon vs Chillin - Revival of Melee 2013 - Thundercats Stock

These flashy moments that are often seen from The Moon can be incredibly hype, but he finds them hard to bring out at times. "My biggest weakness is to play optimal all the time," he told us. "There are times I just want to play at the moment and just do what my heart tells me." He believes a trip to the summit could help get him out of that shell and help him permanently improve after the weekend of play: "It would be really fun to compete with the rest of the top players and to talk to the community through the chat at the summit."

He has his eyes on Armada and Mang0 to fight against if he makes it in. "I've never gotten the chance to play Armada in singles," he explained. "For Mang0 I just want to play him again since I've improved from the last time we played."

His final words to convince readers he should be in Smash Summit 2? "I believe Smash Summit 2 needs variety in representing different regions. I love interacting with the chat. I have a wonderful personality. I'm a pretty funny guy, so they'll get S+ commentary from me. Lastly, I want to show that Marth is still able to beat any character in the world."

---​

Want to see The Moon at Smash Summit 2? Voting ends March 4th at 3 PM PDT, so be sure to go vote for his entry into the Smash Summit. Agree or disagree with his case to join the event? Tell us in the comments below, and don't forget to stay tuned to Smashboards as other stars make their case to enter Smash Summit 2.

Comments

Wait, isn't PewPewU the highest ranked solo Marth main? Unless you're trying to say that one of his fraudulent-ass pocket characters counts as a legitimate dual main.

Last edited:
Moon would be cool. Just hope he doesn't lose to ESAM like he has in the past in uncommon matchups.

Last edited:
Wait, isn't PewPewU the highest ranked solo Marth main? Unless you're trying to say that one of his fraudulent-*** pocket characters counts as a legitimate dual main.
that part confused me too. especially considering the moon has a pretty strong fox which he has used in tournament.

I want Moon to make it. Badly. He deserves it greatly. Besides, who's gonna yell "THAT'S NOT SAFE" when a Falco main ledge hop double lasers if he's not there?!????!

Top Bottom