• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Sins!

the8thark

Smash Lord
Seven Deadly Super Smash Bros Sins.

Lust - Being caught doing unhygienic things to one's self after seeing Zero Suit Samus costumes.

Gluttony - Eating junk food to help erase the pain of losing matches in online mode.

Greed - Playing the game so much because your total coin amount in game is too low. "Must has moar coins nooowwww"

Sloth - A refusal to move any muscle in your body apart from your thumbs when you're playing Smash Bros. Some people even ignore others talking to them in the same room.

Wrath - Hoping to see that player that beat you in online mode again so you san use the new techniques you spent ages learning so you can get revenge for your earlier loss. Also you really hate this person you have never seen because he beat you in online mode., vowing to kill in bloody murder whoever he uses in Smash Bros.
Also removing the game cart so your online loss is not registered is a demonstration of this sin.

Envy - You envy your friends Smash Bros skills after he beat single player mode on 9 difficulty without losing a single stock.

Pride - You brag to all your friends of all the achievements and other things you have done in Smash Bros. You ignore their pleas to shutup. And when you've told them everything you have done in Smash Bros, you start to tell them over again.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
I confess to knowing what tilts were til about a month ago. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Elixir Soup Elixir Soup
If you wish to edit a post or change a thought or remark on a post, please use the edit function instead of double posting.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
@ Elixir Soup Elixir Soup
If you wish to edit a post or change a thought or remark on a post, please use the edit function instead of double posting.
Yeah, sorry about that, everytime I clicked post reply, an ad came up, and my message didn't show when I revisited the page. Sorry. :(

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like the Confessions thread on the Wii U section.

But just to list one...
- I have this bad habit of running up to someone who's charging up a Smash Attack in hopes of knocking them out of it. It never occurs to me that they can release before I get to them.
Story of my life right there. On the plus side, I apparently got really good at countering after that.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I used to think Pikmin were some sort of new Pokemon when Brawl came out.

I thought Samus was a guy until I saw ZSS (Then again, I think most of us did)

I thought Ness was a younger Mario.

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
I'll admit to taking around two years to execute a smash consistently without using Shake Smash. When I played Smash 64, I often just killed stuff with tilts and the occasional random smash, earning a lot of Smashless bonuses.

Oh: I enjoy single player. Don't kill me. Still haven't unlocked Mewtwo due to too much time in event matches. I'd say I've around 5 legit hours in Melee versus.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Not understanding a thing about what people said in smash. Did not know what people meant when they talked about tilts, dash dancing, air canceling, wave dashing, etc. I was like "ok I totally know the things you just said," but on the inside i'm like "Wtf did he just say? was that even english? does that even happen in smash? Are those things you do in smash?!?!"

Another is me learning to properly use rolls. Back then I would just attack and use the shield...until I accidentally hit shield and move my circle pad to the right and learning that I could have done this all those years ago(I've been playing smash since the original. you can imagine my depression for not knowing for that many years)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Time to one up everyone! Dafuq is a tilt?

jk. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom