• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Scene Around Wyoming

gravelcrusher

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I'm new to the smash boards! (sorry if this is the wrong place about this too). I actually have been really wanting to find an area in Wyoming or even in South Dakota that has a smash scene. Wyoming is hard to find one in since it has 500,000 people in the state total and its like no one even knows what smash bros is even about.

Any help with local tourneys, to even simply a club that plays smash every weekend or something would be awesome.

Thanks!
~GravelCrusher

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
I know your post is a little old, but whereabouts in Wyoming? I just barely started a Wyoming Smash page if you want to go join it. The state is really spread out but if we can get organized and start having regular events in more central locations I think that would be beneficial, or maybe even rotating locations, I haven't thought that far ahead yet though, and would actually love your help, I've been speaking with some people in Casper and I have a buddy here in Evanston.

If you're anywhere near Evanston, feel free to hit me up and come to some Utah events with me.

Rainfall

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, if you're still looking for a smash scene the one I frequent is Get Schooled, which is a melee tournament hosted by the university of wyoming's smash club. It starts every saturday at 4pm and is a really fun tournament. We also stream every session so you can see what you're getting into and if you like it or not. Just check wyosc on Twitch.

SpeedyKP

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I'm new to the smash boards! (sorry if this is the wrong place about this too). I actually have been really wanting to find an area in Wyoming or even in South Dakota that has a smash scene. Wyoming is hard to find one in since it has 500,000 people in the state total and its like no one even knows what smash bros is even about.

Any help with local tourneys, to even simply a club that plays smash every weekend or something would be awesome.

Thanks!
~GravelCrusher
I want to start a local smash tourney in Torrington, Wyoming. If you would like to go to it please take this strawpoll http://strawpoll.me/6826502

Doublenickels

Smash Cadet
NNID
IamDoublenickels
I want to start a local smash tourney in Torrington, Wyoming. If you would like to go to it please take this strawpoll http://strawpoll.me/6826502
Bro! We have two guys who play in Laramie who are originally from Torrington. Check out our facebook page for Wyoming Smash. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1880453822179215/

That's going to be your best bet for finding people and getting the word out, if you have friends that play see if they will join as well. You don't even have to be active one there, that's just where we post most of the information for upcoming events. So far we have held tournaments in Casper, Laramie and Gillette.

I think you're going to find (and hopefully I'm wrong) that your turnouts aren't going to be that large on a local scale between Torrington and Wheatland, but you can definitely still try to host smaller events down there. Our biggest turnout has been Gillette, where there were something like 40 total attendees, between Melee and Smash 4 (we had PM too, but nobody entered PM that didn't enter something else).

We're hoping to get more people out to tournaments in the future by making them a more regular occurrence by having some sort of monthly system rotating between our biggest hubs. I'm also trying to get a tournament set up at Cheyenne's Comic Con, again, all the details that we have get posted to the facebook page, so get on that if you want to connect with other smashers in Wyoming.

Satchamo

Smash Rookie
Hey man I know this post is pretty old by now but we have a bit of a scene in Rapid now,

Top Bottom