• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash running faster on pc?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
It "can" be faster, although if you have a generally fast comp and have the FPS Limited on File, it should waver between 50-70. Unlimit the FPS and the emulator will make the program rocket-fast. Whenever I play single-player mode and I don't feel like waiting around for the ending credits, I just unlimit the FPS and watch it take some 3 seconds to get through the whole thing.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I noticed that too, and another thing, the graphics on the PC look better too. How can this be? Original game + Ripped on to server to be mass downloaded = smoother graphics?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
That's an opinion though :D the graphics for my emulator have always been a bit... "off", first there were the general errors like flat-shield + Samus's tiny charged ball, and some others...I got the patch to fix it, but then I had "parts of each character and background are just white" error a few weeks later, got that fixed too.

Although I guess they could be considered "better" because the maximized screen is so much closer to one's face than TV's 64 screen.

Still, I noticed I don't get the "little brushes of white air" that follows someone hitting the ground on my PC like people do on the 64. I get large ones, like when CF dashdances, but not the more minor poofs.

Thino

Smash Master
plus i herd n64 runs ssb at like 59.99 fps
btw whats the best graphic plugin beside d3d8?
is there any that can emulate primary fram buffer's transitions at the end of the match without slowing down to 30 fps yet?

That's an opinion though :D the graphics for my emulator have always been a bit... "off", first there were the general errors like flat-shield + Samus's tiny charged ball, and some others...I got the patch to fix it, but then I had "parts of each character and background are just white" error a few weeks later, got that fixed too.

Although I guess they could be considered "better" because the maximized screen is so much closer to one's face than TV's 64 screen.

Still, I noticed I don't get the "little brushes of white air" that follows someone hitting the ground on my PC like people do on the 64. I get large ones, like when CF dashdances, but not the more minor poofs.
Can you give me a link to those patches if possible? I've been having problems with my PJ 64 as well.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
it could be running faster, but you can never tell online because it aways lags horibly, no matter how fast YOUR connection is (Theres always that ONE GUY who sneaks in with a ping time of about 70 million), so i mean who cares if it runs faster offline? Can't you just play it on the 64?

Top Bottom