• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Run for online multiplayer?

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I'm kinda slow to the news, but has there been any confirmation of online play in Smash Run?

I really wanna take my overpowered Robin online. ;;

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
I too have been wondering this. I don't think Nintendo has said of its online. Hopefully it is, though!

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Smash Run does have some kind of news bulletin in game, announcing the actions of the players periodically. Useless if it's just CPUs playing, but effective if there's rival players participating.

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
I don't think there's been any word on this subject from Nintendo, but in my opinion it'd be a huge wasted opportunity if Smash Run didn't have online multiplayer. Yeah, it may be more fun to play with friends in the same room, but not everyone has that luxury. For example, one of my best friends who's getting the game lives in a whole other country, so no online for Smash Run would be a bummer for both of us.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
This thought actually hadn't crossed my mind, but here's hoping it's there. I see no reason for it not to be, and as Pittoo mentioned, it would be great for people who want to play with distant friends.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It would be a shame if it were kept out of Online (and an even bigger shame if it was Online-exclusive). Fortunately, looks like it's around for both.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
I just hope that the online for Smash Run is pretty active. I can see most people going online mostly for standard battles.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"After five minutes of exploration, 2-4 players, local or online, go head-to-head in a standard Smash Battle using their newly acquired stats." found this on ign. heres a link to the article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/08/3ds-only-multiplayer-mode-coming-to-super-smash-bros
I could be entirely wrong but I think that sentence actually reads as something along the lines of "After Smash Run, use your newly acquired stats and fight against your friends in standard smash (as in regular matches, not Smash Run), local or online!" Something like that.

Basically, it may be just telling you that you can use your stats that you have collected from Smash Run mode for your regular battle modes. But then again, it can be read both ways... it's kind of confusing.

I guess we should wait and see for confirmation from Nintendo or Sakurai just to be safe.

I really do hope it'll get online though.

Last edited:

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
It's gonna be epicc
Maybe it will run even better than standard online, most of it is in different places, so the lag/delay will be less

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
It's gonna be epicc
Maybe it will run even better than standard online, most of it is in different places, so the lag/delay will be less
One of the problems that Sakurai pointed out with Brawl was that Smash Bros needs extremely precise internet inputs to work in an online scenario, because slight lag suddenly changes the entire match. However, Smash Run doesn't need such precision and will likely be more of a "for fun" mode, so I can see it being fun even if the online isn't too good (but I'm pretty optimistic about Smash 4's online, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
One of the problems that Sakurai pointed out with Brawl was that Smash Bros needs extremely precise internet inputs to work in an online scenario, because slight lag suddenly changes the entire match. However, Smash Run doesn't need such precision and will likely be more of a "for fun" mode, so I can see it being fun even if the online isn't too good (but I'm pretty optimistic about Smash 4's online, so it shouldn't be a problem).
I said something ike this, but you used better words :D

Top Bottom