• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Roundup! The Smash4 Youtube Series Thread

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
Hey everybody! Smash Roundup is a video series created by myself and a Youtuber named Zangoosinite that focuses on bringing some competitive and interesting insight into each character and new mechanic in Smash4. We've released quite a few videos now, the latest being seen in the video below, and come out with about three every week!

If you have any requests about what you want to see, or any suggestions about what we can do better, let us know! We are very eager to make this the best Smash series out there, so please help us make this a reality.

Also, we're planning on streaming the release of both versions of the game, located in these two streams:
http://www.twitch.tv/cowhunterr
http://www.twitch.tv/zangoosinite
If only one of us is online then it should be hosting the other, so visit and follow either one! Although my channel will be the one that does the vast majority of the streaming when the WiiU version comes out.

Smash Roundup Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGMnD8DfcGDWXT1L15DOCaOgPYnTXu-Mg

Characters Finished:
:4mario:
:4megaman:
:4littlemac:
:4bowserjr:
:4greninja:

:substitute: Other Videos:
New Mechanics in Smash4 [Updated]

Twitters (for updates and posts):
https://twitter.com/Cowhuntergames
https://twitter.com/zangoosinite

You may notice that some older videos aren't available anymore. This is because a significant portion of the information is either outdated or presented poorly, and we want to fix that. The videos will be re-released but with an upgrade in quality. If you do, however, want to see any of the old videos, simply contact me or Zangoosinite and we can set that up for you right away.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey everybody, I can pretty much guarantee that none of you know me, but I've been part of the Smash community for a good long while now. Albeit mostly in the background, I've grown to be a decent player in both Brawl and Melee, and have decided to go even further with Smash4! In part of doing this, a Youtuber friend of mine and I are making a Smash4 video series we have decided to call Smash Roundup. This will be a series that focuses on both entertaining facts about various characters and other future topics, as well as some competitive information. Naturally these videos will evolve over time to become better and better, as well as to reflect the changes in the meta and new discoveries.

We hope to provide videos on as many topics as possible, but there's so many choices that we also want to know what YOU want to see! We're starting with characters of Smash4, having already released Villager and Pikachu as well as a general Mechanics/AT video, so we'd like to know what you guys want to see, and spread information that you may have found. So, without further adieu, here is the first episode of Smash Roundup!

Let me know what you think, if I got anything wrong, how we can better provide this content, and what you would like to see next!
Cool! I'll subscibe this channel!

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Hey everybody, I can pretty much guarantee that none of you know me, but I've been part of the Smash community for a good long while now. Albeit mostly in the background, I've grown to be a decent player in both Brawl and Melee, and have decided to go even further with Smash4! In part of doing this, a Youtuber friend of mine and I are making a Smash4 video series we have decided to call Smash Roundup. This will be a series that focuses on both entertaining facts about various characters and other future topics, as well as some competitive information. Naturally these videos will evolve over time to become better and better, as well as to reflect the changes in the meta and new discoveries.

We hope to provide videos on as many topics as possible, but there's so many choices that we also want to know what YOU want to see! We're starting with characters of Smash4, having already released Villager and Pikachu as well as a general Mechanics/AT video, so we'd like to know what you guys want to see, and spread information that you may have found. So, without further adieu, here is the first episode of Smash Roundup!

Let me know what you think, if I got anything wrong, how we can better provide this content, and what you would like to see next!
Great video in my opinion.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Was it wrong of me coming into this thread thinking it was a 5 year old minecraft channel. But instead I got a good in depth look at the game mechanics. Good video and extra points for putting in subtitles. That is part of the video so people with iPad and iPhones can see

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
Was it wrong of me coming into this thread thinking it was a 5 year old minecraft channel. But instead I got a good in depth look at the game mechanics. Good video and extra points for putting in subtitles. That is part of the video so people with iPad and iPhones can see
I understand the feeling actually. We decided to make these videos partially because we were unsatisfied with the video content that was being output for Smash4, and wanted to provide something that was hopefully just as entertaining as well as useful.

Also, both the Villager and Pikachu episodes are out here:
Edit: Videos removed because they were out of date.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Looks like some high quality videos. Subscribed.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This very good, keep up this information.
You really give some good tips to start.

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
Thanks for the positive responses! I'm glad people are pleased with it so far. The next videos are in the works. Let me know if there is something you think should be mentioned in the videos that we may have forgotten. Thanks!

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if u guys have a 3ds capture card or if u even have the game yet but your videos are a bit .... choppy.EXAMPLE (in the village video around 11:00) Other then that your script is PERFECT. Anyway u got your self a sub. I just hope u revamp your videos later on so u show what moves u say in the video instead of having random footage.

Maybe later on when the wiiU version comes out u can have nice clean cut HD footage. For now u can keep up the video quality as it is now just saying if u want it to look good for a future audience who really want to get into competitive smash for 3DS/wiiU.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
You need a lot more video examples. A majority of the footage is either completely irrelevant (trailers...), or is gameplay that isn't showcasing what you're talking about at that point at all. There are instances where you do this, but it's majority brawl footage...you could have had a lot more smash4 content if you dug deeper.

If you had videos that clearly show off the tech you're talking about as you talk about it, i would subscribe.

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
I don't know if u guys have a 3ds capture card or if u even have the game yet but your videos are a bit .... choppy.
You need a lot more video examples.
Capture card is on its way in! The choppy footage is being fixed at least partially for the next characters. This will become better with time, as well as showcasing exactly what we're talking about. I'll also be getting the WiiU version as well as a capture card to record and stream with. Thanks for the feedback!

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
This week's round of videos is starting! A great man is starting us off:
Video removed for being out of date.

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
Edited the original post to be a little better and more current. Also, episode 7 is up! This week's roundup of three is starting with one of my personal favorites, Link:
Video removed for being out of date.

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Never mind once again u have been getting better good jurb keep it up.

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
Never mind once again u have been getting better good jurb keep it up.
Thanks! Also updated the OP based on your earlier comment so that it has a spoiler section that contains every video we've done so far.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
My bad anyway he's hiding stuff in his basement better walk over there and check out the cool toys he's hiding from u people.

(Can u lower the music and re-upload it cuz the music can drown out York voice.)

Last edited:

zangoosinite

Smash Rookie
Hey guys Zangoosinite here! I have been reading all of your comments on both youtube and smashboards, and am here to answer a few questions and give a few updates. When me and Cowhunter first decided to create the show, it was a leap of faith, considering neither one of us owned a Japanese 3DS, so we had to use footage that other youtubers/ streamers were nice enough to let us use, and add our (mostly cowhunter's lol) competitive spin and knowledge to the video. This is why our videos have been getting better and better, (I watch our first Villager Analysis now and cringe haha). We are still searching for our niche, as you may or may not have noticed, I have been experimenting with different layouts for each video. Because of this, these videos are not final products, more like news updates. When the Wiiu version comes out, and all the dust has settled, we will be coming out with crisp clean full HD analysis videos of each character individually, as well as other things. (we still haven't discussed vectoring yet for example). And we will get all the footage ourselves, of not only the moves, but of combos, and other things, as I have a 3DS capture card, and Cowhunter will have footage from his WiiU. Also I am building a PC at the moment that will be a huge step up from editing on my old macbook pro with a garbage graphics card, so that will fix the choppy video. Regardless, I want to thank you all so much for your AMAZING response to the show, considering we started from an audience of like 25 people, and for bearing with us through this rough start up period. Our videos will only continue to get better, and as always do not hesistate to leave your input here, or in the comments on youtube. I look forward to uploading our full showcases of every character. We are planning to have them all out before Apex, which me and Cowhunter will be at by the way, so if you see us, don't be shy :]

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Puns and subtitles?! Awesome. The Captain Falcon video was really entertaining, I loved how you broke the monotony with clips from the anime. I am just a little confused about the purpose. The first half of the video establishes the move-set of the character, one would hope that this is common knowledge, whereas the second half gets to some of his viable competitive options. If you are making a video for beginners, you should probably explain certain terms such as "disjointed hitbox" for example. I am not sure if you did this in previous videos or not, but it might make the guide more effective. However, if you are making these videos for people with a little more experience, you could probably cut the entirety of move-set break down and move on to his options, strengths and weakness, etc. This is especially the case because it felt as though you were speaking overly fast to get it out of the way. It would have also been nice to see specific footage of some of his particular combos or how to approach with his n-air, for instance.

It does not matter anyways, the severe lack of Smash 4 content has me going crazy. I have been consistently checking VGBootcamp, ClashTournaments, and Tourney Locator for new tournament game-play; I even resorted to watching ZeRo's stream to watch someone competent at the game... I am desperate and your videos have potential. I will be sure to check them all out just to hear your thoughts on everyone.

Also, do Jigglypuff... or else. :4jigglypuff:

zangoosinite

Smash Rookie
Pokemon week coming soon :] Yeah like I said we will be showing all of that in the HD showcases, also you can expect specific footage of combos and stuff, in the future showcases, and the next batches of videos where I will be able to use my capture card. As I stated earlier, neither of us own a Japanese 3DS, so we could only take what we could get before it's released in america. Also thank you for confirming a question I was asking myself yesterday while editing the link video. I was thinking about putting annotation links in the beginning of the video, kind of like a table of contents, so new players can watch the movesets, but seasoned veterans can skip to the new improvements, matchups and other things, so thank you I will do that from now on, because frankly, we're trying to appeal to both haha. Also yes I talk fast, I have heard that from some of my friends recently and will definitely work on that.

Last edited:

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
I am just a little confused about the purpose. The first half of the video establishes the move-set of the character, one would hope that this is common knowledge, whereas the second half gets to some of his viable competitive options. If you are making a video for beginners, you should probably explain certain terms such as "disjointed hitbox" for example. I am not sure if you did this in previous videos or not, but it might make the guide more effective. However, if you are making these videos for people with a little more experience, you could probably cut the entirety of move-set break down and move on to his options, strengths and weakness, etc. This is especially the case because it felt as though you were speaking overly fast to get it out of the way. It would have also been nice to see specific footage of some of his particular combos or how to approach with his n-air, for instance.
I was considering making a video about terms and general knowledge, but now we'll do it for sure. I can see where it gets confusing as to who it's for, but like you said I think a terms and general knowledge video will clear it all right up.

The more in-depth competitive stuff will come honestly when I can speak concretely about it. Stage, match up, and in-depth competitive stuff will be coming though!

Lastly, we are still waiting for the capture card (it's super slow on the return), but we will have clear representations of everything we talk about very soon.

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
We've been featured in a Kotaku article! Seen here:
http://kotaku.com/a-guide-to-playing-and-beating-smash-bros-little-mac-1647216672

Aside from this, I apologize for the lack of updates to this page, I was away for awhile helping with my brother's wedding and became very busy with school and work. However, now I'm back and Smash Roundup is going to be better than ever! We've got the capture card and are even planning on redoing one of our previous videos so that we can have better footage of what we're talking about.

We're getting better little bit by little bit with each video, so what we really need now is volume in terms of audience. The Kotaku article certainly helped with that, but it would be an equally great help if each one of you could share the video with a friend, especially if their main is in one of our videos!

Lastly with the WiiU release date known, plans have started to develop around a new show captured from the WiiU and with a different focus than Smash Roundup. More details on the focus, pilot, and more coming closer to the release of the WiiU version. So stay tuned!

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, I wasn't expecting on liking your content as much as I do, but you two seem to know what you're talking about, despite sounding dorky as hell. I'm looking forward to seeing more coverage for Smash and Pokemon.

Cowhunter

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cowhunter
I have to admit, I wasn't expecting on liking your content as much as I do, but you two seem to know what you're talking about, despite sounding dorky as hell. I'm looking forward to seeing more coverage for Smash and Pokemon.
Thanks for the compliment! Mind expounding upon what makes us sound dorky (voices are awkward/unclear/Steve Urkel-like, phrasing of things is awkward/uses nerdy phrases/Steve Urkel-like etc.)?

zangoosinite

Smash Rookie
Our Greninja video got taken down because of copyright :[ we used to much of the trailer, I'll upload a new one soon if you missed it.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Just so everyone knows @ zangoosinite zangoosinite has stolen my articles to make his own videos. I'm reporting him on YouTube and trying to get his account banned. I tried to contact him on youtube about "his Little Mac" video, but he just took it down instead.

My website is Berathen. If you enjoyed his content then you were actually enjoying my articles that Zangoosinite put in video form without my consent.

Top Bottom