• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash Presentation error: Additional DLC trophy? Or miscount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not sure if anyone notice or care about this, my friend StarForce StarForce notice one small thing odd in the Smash presentation, the Smash Wii U and 3DS trophy count.

Idk if any of you have gotten all trophies for WiiU Smash but the total trophy count for it excluding DLC trophies is 716. If you add DLC trophies it goes to 743 which is what Sakurai said in the Direct.

Idk if any of you have gotten all trophies for 3DS Smash bUt the total trophy count for it excluding DLC trophies is 685. If you add DLC trophies it goes to 707 which is what Sakurai said in the Direct. Now here's the problem I think no one noticed:

Let's add the DLC trophies to WiiU: (FS = Final Smash Trophy which aren't for anyone in 3ds)

716 = Base game with no DLC
719 = Mewtwo, Mewtwo alt, Mewtwo Psystrike FS
720 = Inkling
723 = Lucas, Lucas alt, Lucas Starstorm FS
726 = Roy, Roy alt, Roy Critical FS
730 = Ryu, Ryu alt, Ryu Hadoken FS, Ryu Shoryuken FS
731 = Ken
734 = Cloud, Cloud alt, Cloud Omnislash FS
737 = Corrin, Corrin alt, Corrin Dragon Surge FS
740 = Bayonetta, Bayonetta alt, Bayonetta Witch Time FS
743 = Jeanne, Bodin, Cereza

Makes sense right? 743/743

Now let's add the DLC trophies to 3DS

685 = Base Game with no DLC
687 = Mewtwo, Mewtwo alt
688 = Inkling
690 = Lucas, Lucas alt
692 = Roy, Roy alt
694 = Ryu, Ryu alt
695 = Ken
697 = Cloud, Cloud alt
701 = Corrin, Corrin alt, Ryoma, Xander (3DS exclusives last two)
703 = Bayonetta, Bayonetta alt
706 = Jeanne, Bodin, Cereza
707 = ?

Does not make sense right? 706/707

Something is wrong here is it not? I bet no one noticed this discrepancy. I have all trophies obviously all dlc ones and all base game because I have smash 3ds fully complete 100% and I have a trophy count of 697 up to Cloud and if I add above it clearly sums 706. Were or who or of what is trophy #707? This is bothering me because I'm a Smash completionist and I cannot understand this discrepancy. Anyone cares to enlighten me?

Remember Tharja trophy which was cut back when we saw the ESRB leak? Maybe she was cut in the original release and then move to the DLC release, highly possible with Corrin's release.

Or it could possibly just miscount.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I dont think it's a miscount because YOU actually made a miscount. Specifically, on the Wii U version, as Ryu only has 1 Final Smash trophy, meaning that the Wii U version should be missing 1 trophy as well. If there's 1 missing consistently on both versions, then it seems like there actually WILL be 1 more DLC trophy that's unaccounted for.

Shroob

Sup?
Bayonetta has 4 non-playable trophies. Notice the Bayo model shown directly before Jeanne isn't her Smash Render.

Adds up to 707 for 3DS.

Bayonetta gets 6 trophies on 3DS

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
I don't have the WiiU version so the Ryu miscount is my fault. I took this info to be like it since Ryu has two Final Smashes so since WiiU characters have a final smash trophy I "assumed" there were two.
Bayonetta has 4 non-playable trophies. Notice the Bayo model shown directly before Jeanne isn't her Smash Render.

Adds up to 707 for 3DS.

Bayonetta gets 6 trophies on 3DS
I noticed that but Cloud nor Corrin were shown their Trophies. This means the trophy shown before Jeanne is not Bayonetta Classic nor Bayonetta All Star? This is a third trophy for her? This trophy then is the Trophy I missed? We'll have to wait for the release of Bayonetta or is there any other idea of what it could be?

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
No, it's definitely her render.

Trophy:

Render:

So yeah, still 1 unaccounted for.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe they intend to bring the Tharja trophy back, or maybe Sakurai accounts for it despite it being cut?

StarForce

Smash Ace
Is the Tharja trophy on the JP Wii U version?
I believe not. It says at least in Ssbwiki that the Tharja Trophy has been removed from the game. There is no mention of it anywhere. Japanese discrepancies are noted there even in NA/European ones such has how Ashley (JP) music is in the Japanese version but not in the western releases. Well so as I thought it would be a third trophy which is odd really. None of the other fighters have this distinction.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I dont think it's a miscount because YOU actually made a miscount. Specifically, on the Wii U version, as Ryu only has 1 Final Smash trophy, meaning that the Wii U version should be missing 1 trophy as well. If there's 1 missing consistently on both versions, then it seems like there actually WILL be 1 more DLC trophy that's unaccounted for.
Maybe that's the case...

StarForce

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but nobody posted after me so I could post without it being in chain one after the other. An edit would not bring the post back to light but a new post will.

This post is to let know everyone that the issue and mystery has been resolved as the missing trophy is a third one of Bayonetta called "Bayonetta (Original)" It depicts as said, Bayonetta in her default form when first shown. This is a case in which a character has a 3rd trophy unrelated to their Classic & All Star trophies such as the original Mewtwo & Lucas trophies reside along the classic & all star ones. Case closed. Anyone may comment or simply leave this thread rest happily. Thanks for all who shared their opinions. Again sorry for the obligatory double post.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry for the double post but nobody posted after me so I could post without it being in chain one after the other. An edit would not bring the post back to light but a new post will.

This post is to let know everyone that the issue and mystery has been resolved as the missing trophy is a third one of Bayonetta called "Bayonetta (Original)" It depicts as said, Bayonetta in her default form when first shown. This is a case in which a character has a 3rd trophy unrelated to their Classic & All Star trophies such as the original Mewtwo & Lucas trophies reside along the classic & all star ones. Case closed. Anyone may comment or simply leave this thread rest happily. Thanks for all who shared their opinions. Again sorry for the obligatory double post.
So no errors right?

roolr

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I had a simlar isssue, different solution. I was at 706 and assumed that because I had all of the characters for DLC, I also had all of the trophies for DLC. You also need to buy the inkling set of mii costumes to get a final inkling trophy. Just putting it out there unless someone else has the same prob as mine. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please do not bump threads more than a month old since their last reply.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please do not bump threads more than a month old since their last reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom