• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ports for Switch?

Would you want to see ports of Smash 64, Melee and Brawl to the Switch?

• Total voters

MinhtheMage

Smash Rookie
I feel like the old Smash games would be good candidates for ports. It would make them more accessible to players and one important thing.

BALANCING.

If they were ported Nintendo would be able to update the games and patch them and make balance changes. Though based on what we've seen with Sm4sh they most likely wouldn't...

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Do you want to see ports of the old Smash games to the Switch?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Depends on what game/s they port and what they do with the port (is it a full graphical makeover, just the old game with 1 new stage, etc?), like, I wouldn't be very happy with the concept of an Brawl port if they don't fix the atrocious balance in that game.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Considering each installment of Smash is an objectively better improvement over the next, I doubt there'd be an older port. The only one that has a feasible case would be Brawl because of it's loose (but kinda cool) Story Mode/platformer/etc.

MinhtheMage

Smash Rookie
Depends on what game/s they port and what they do with the port (is it a full graphical makeover, just the old game with 1 new stage, etc?), like, I wouldn't be very happy with the concept of an Brawl port if they don't fix the atrocious balance in that game.
That's what I mean. Having a port would allow for balancing, which I'm sure most people would jump at.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I want them to release Smash 4 Deluxe already so I can dump my Wii-U.

Top Bottom