• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Smash On Sight 5!

Smash On Sight 5!
Posted by d-man2292
Dorothy Garrett Coliseum
Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
Smash On Sight 5
Whats up everyone!!! Ok i know its been WAY too long, but with graduations and summer coming i've been very busy but we're getting caught up and back on schedule. This will be the 5th tournament of the SOS tournament series and you guys make it better and better everytime so thank you for that, get your training in now because this is gonna be a good one. We've got a new location too so get excited for that! I know this is still a ways off but that just gives time for more training! It's good to be back and i'm looking forward to seeing all of you!!!

Venue
Big news! we're doing this at a new venue!!! Howard College has been gracious enough to lend us some rooms to host this event! It will be much bigger than the previous venue we've been holding these tournaments at. Also guys respect this place and pick up after yourself and all will be good

Schedule
12 p.m. - Registration & Friendlies
1 p.m. - Melee Doubles/Amiibo tournament
2:30 p.m. Melee Singles
4 p.m. - Lunch Break
5 p.m. - SM4SH doubles/Raffle
6:30 p.m - SM4SH singles

(If you do show up anytime before an event starts you may still register for it for those of you who may show up late)

Event Fees
Venue Fee - $5
Singles - $5
Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)

Setups
We're going to need as many setups as possible! I can't stress enough how important this is. A full setup consists of a TV, console, and game. Analog TVs (aka CRTS) will work best for Melee (along with Gamecubes and wiis) and HDTVs will be perfect for Sm4sh. This will be a Bring Your Own Controller event as well so try not to come empty handed. Also if you bring a setup you will receive a discount on your venue fee. If you are bringing a setup for Sm4sh for Wii U we will only be using systems that have all the characters unlocked to try to come prepared

Rules

Melee:
Best 2 of 3
Double elimination
4 Stock
8 minute matches
Items off
Pause disabled
Team Attack on
Share Stock is legal
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to

Starter Stages
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Story
- Dream Land
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
- Pokemon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counter Pick Stages
- Pokemon Stadium (Singles only)
- Kongo Jungle (Doubles only)

Stages not mentioned on this list are BANNED!

SM4SH:
Best 2 of 3
Double elimination
3 Stock
8 minute matches
Items off
No customs
No miis
Pause disabled
Team Attack on
Share Stock is legal
All controllers are legal, but if you are using a wireless remote be sure to unsync it when you're match is over, otherwise you will be penalized
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning 2 stages from all stages and then loser choosing
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to

Starter Stages
- BattleField/Miiverse (meaning if you strike one, you strike both)
- Smashville
- Town and City
- Dreamland
- Final Destination

Counter Pick Stages
- Delfino plaza
- Skyloft
- Duck hunt
- Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Lylat Cruise
- Any omega stage (banning this also bans FD)

Stages not mentioned on this list are BANNED!

Additional Info
I will add a stage selection procedure paper with each setup for those who need it. Feel free to leave to get food but only do so during the break or if you're not playing. If you do not show up 5 minutes after your match is being called, it will result in a loss so choose your timing wisely. Outside food or drink is allowed. Not responsible for any lost or damaged material and once again this is a BYOC event so you are responsible for providing your own controller.

Top Bottom