• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash News Launched

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Today, Smash World is officially launching its new content site, bringing together the latest news and opinions on all things related to Super Smash Bros. As Brawl's release date nears, our team of writers will be making heavy use of this site to bring you the latest information and impressions about Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Some of you are probably already familiar with the Super Smash Blog; we've taken all the content from that site and brought it over to our new site as our starting point. The new Smash News site will have much of the same content from the same contributors who have been writing for the blog, but we've revamped the look and feel of the site for our readers. For those who are unfamiliar with the old blog, the new content site will continue to feature daily updates on the Smash Bros. Dojo, along with plenty of commentary, including Show Me Your News, SmashDash, and Japan Time Time. Thrown in will be opinions and editorials, in-depth character profiles, and a ton more information and analysis to get you ready for Brawl.

We've also updated the header on the Revolution forum style. It now matches up with the header on the Smash News site, and will help to make browsing both SWF and the news site a much more cohesive experience.

Finally, you'll notice that we've introduced a new feature to our content site called "Send to my Wii." This feature will allow you to take stories and images you find on the Smash News site and have them posted to your Wii Message Board. To use this feature, you'll need to make sure your Wii number is in your profile in your User CP, and add "wii [at] smashboards.com" to your contact list. (Make sure to replace [at] with the @ symbol.) You should receive a message on your Wii shortly confirming your registration, and then you'll be able to use the Send to my Wii feature.

You can read (and comment on) the original post on the Smash News site here.

Stay tuned to SWF for more new features as Brawl approaches.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Over the past day the Send to my Wii registration hasn't been working. The problem has been fixed, and you should now be receiving responses on your Wii when you add the Wii Services address to your contact list.

If you've tried to register your Wii with SWF, please try re-adding the Wii Services e-mail address to your contact list on your Wii, and you should receive a response within about 30 minutes. If it takes longer than that or you don't get a response at all, please send me a PM and I'll look into it.

Top Bottom