• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Smash N Chill #1 Ft Anther , KJH & MORE! ( A Melee & PM Monthly w/Sm4sh)

Smash N Chill #1 Ft Anther , KJH & MORE! ( A Melee & PM Monthly w/Sm4sh)
Posted by AmiiboKing
22226 Garrison St Dearborn,MI 48124
Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

AmiiboKing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hnic313
Introduction & Miscellaneous Information:

Hello everyone! AmiiboKing here to present the Michigan Melee and Project M scene with the first installment of the Smash N Chill series for Smash for Wii U Tournament , for the Summer. This tournament is brought to you all in the hopes of proving who the true kings in Smash are! With this event we aim to bring you all a great experience to introduce new players to the competitive Smash Bros scene here in Michigan as well as to keep our seasoned veterans in practice. The date for this tournament is set for July 30th , and will take place at ASG Renissance in Dearborn, MI. The venue is located in downtown dearborn off MI avenue. Right behind buffalo wild wings!

We are planning to have Doubles and Single events, and if time permits, there will be tons of friendlies also. Additionally, we may have a chance to have a post-tourney Buffalo Wings trip (3 minutes away) or other restaurant trip after the tournament if there is interest.

Please pre register if you are interested in attending! If you are not sure, but it might be possible, please register, but put 'maybe' next to it to make our lives easier. Pre-registering helps us seed earlier and more efficiently, so that everyone gets their justified seed!

Link To Pre Registration Form:

Note on Outside Food:

Outside food WILL BE allowed. There are many restaurants in the area also. Please be tidy and clean up after yourself. Also there will be snacks and beverages sold (potentially). Since minors may be in attendance. Alcohol will be prohibited.

Set Up Perks:

Bringing set ups are a crucial part of running successful tournies. As a result anyone who brings a set up will be refunded the $5 venue fee when the tourney is over. We will also be super-duper thankful!

App

Contacts:

Co-TOs:
Amiibo King (Dre) - (248) 778-5537 | @AmiiboKing

Assistants TO:

ASG Renissance
2226 Garrison St Dearborn,MI 48124

Schedule to be Tweaked by TO
Schedule:

10:00 AM - Doors Open, Registration for Melee Doubles & Singles Begins

11:45 - Registration for Melee Doubles Ends (If you can't make it in time, please contact TOs)

11:45 - Melee Doubles Begins!

1:30PM - Melee Single Registration Opens

3:00 PM - Melee Singles Registration Ends

4:00- Melee Singles Begins

10:00PM Event Ends

Venue Fee: $5
Smash 4 Singles: $5
Smash 4 Doubles: $10 per team ($5 each)

SE MI Smash 4 Payout Will Be Used for All Games:

Payout Percentages
Under 29
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%
30-39 Entrants
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%
40-75 Entrants
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 2.5%
5. 2.5%
76+
1. 40%
2. 20%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 5%
5. 5%
7. 2.5%
7. 2.5%

Rules:

Bring Your Own Controller! Controllers are not supplied at these events you must bring your ow

starfruit65

Smash Rookie
Did anyone call or anything to figure out about the pre registration link? I really would like to go to attend this tournament

Scorpiator

Smash Rookie
Is 20xx 4.05 okay if we bring a setup?
If you brought it, i would not play on it, there are dpad controls that make it so when you hit some one there is no knockback, like a phantom hit. So in a split second before some one gets hit the could press x and dpad up and fake phantom. Which could change the whole game, and is cheating.
Edit: or y and dpad up, I don't remember

Last edited:

mkoa

Smash Rookie
If you brought it, i would not play on it, there are dpad controls that make it so when you hit some one there is no knockback, like a phantom hit. So in a split second before some one gets hit the could press x and dpad up and fake phantom. Which could change the whole game, and is cheating.
Edit: or y and dpad up, I don't remember
You're right, that is cheating, but you can disable everything. I've disabled the in-game codes you speak of, as well as everything else except for neutral spawns, which I also could disable. You could always do a quick button check, and if these codes are on, simply turn them off.

Scorpiator

Smash Rookie
You're right, that is cheating, but you can disable everything. I've disabled the in-game codes you speak of, as well as everything else except for neutral spawns, which I also could disable. You could always do a quick button check, and if these codes are on, simply turn them off.
I didn't know this was possible, I guess it's up to the TO then

Top Bottom