• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash (Melee) in Shanghai, is it possible?

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

So I'm in Shanghai for the whole summer, and I left my cube and controller at home because I thought that I wouldn't be able to use my NTSC stuff here in China (big mistake; apparently the TVs here can take either NTSC or PAL, which is pretty cool I guess, trying out PAL Smash could be a fun experience, but let's worry about getting Smash in the first place). Anyway I was wondering if there's any place in Shanghai where I could find a Gamecube, controllers, and Smash. Is it even possible? Not many people here seem to play any console games at all; seems to be all PC here, and the Wii games are all 5RMB (approx $0.80 USD) which makes me think they're all pirated. I haven't checked out any video game stores yet, but I'm not sure where to find one, or if it'll even have stuff as old as Gamecube. Anyone have any idea?

Top Bottom