• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash: Melee at Play N Trade in Chandler, AZ 8/12/07

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I'm the owner of the Play N Trade video game store, located in Chandler, AZ. Some of the regulars are already familiar with the location and our fantastic weekly tournaments. We're the largest PNT store in the country, with nearly 3000 sq.ft of gaming goodness.

Just wanted to note that we are hosting a Smash: Melee tournament on Sunday, August 12th, at the Chandler location.

Tournament starts at noon (sharp!) Sign up times 11am-11:45am
Pre-registation: $10 per person
At the door: $15 per person

Grand prize: Nintendo Wii system and Smash: Brawl when it comes out
2nd place: $50 store credit and Smash: Brawl
3rd place: $25 store credit and PlayNTrade T-shirt

RULES
This is a SINGLES tournament
4 stock, 8min time limit, double elimination
Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD
Loser chooses stage, winner changes character and then loser changes character

BANNED
No mod controllers, no turbo or programmed, no glitching. Let's not get into specifics. You've played long enough. These will result in player banned.

We might host a DOUBLES tournament later in the day if time permits. If we do, it will be mostly for people who are elimited from Singles.
It will be $10 per team.
Prizes will be Pot at 50% & 25%

www.playntrade.com/chandler
480-726-PLAY

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting... That sure is a nice prize pack...

Next week though? Kinda short notice. I'll probably be there anyway. :)

PS: When you say "no glitching" certainly you mean no excessive stall glitching. (Freeze glitch) You're not talking about stuff like Mewtwo pulling characters below BF, Ness's YYG, etc... right?

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Interesting... That sure is a nice prize pack...

Next week though? Kinda short notice. I'll probably be there anyway. :)

PS: When you say "no glitching" certainly you mean no excessive stall glitching. (Freeze glitch) You're not talking about stuff like Mewtwo pulling characters below BF, Ness's YYG, etc... right?
I'm talking about those as well. Thanks.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ohh... umm, what exactly else do you consider a "glitch" then? Wavedashing?

In the competitive smash scene there aren't any glitches that are broken. Most are completely useless, and only a couple are situational at best. There are lots and lots of exploits though, like wavedashing. The only techniques that are banned from play are ones that stall matches.

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Ohh... umm, what exactly else do you consider a "glitch" then? Wavedashing?

In the competitive smash scene there aren't any glitches that are broken. Most are completely useless, and only a couple are situational at best. There are lots and lots of exploits though, like wavedashing. The only techniques that are banned from play are ones that stall matches.

I was referring more to the stalling ones. Anything that stalls a tourney is banned.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
you should read the rules in the general discusion and take the time to right them out because you will be getting alot more questions if you don't. I have helped out the PNT in walpole MA with smash and that's what they usually do so don't pull a roger.

To the PNT guy

Top Bottom