• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Smash KO!

Smash KO!
Posted by Qiom
KO Gaming Lounge
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 04:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Qiom

Smash Cadet
NNID
Qiom12
3DS FC
4382-3384-7543
Come show your support for the smash community!!! We'll be streaming the tournament on twitch and I will be uploading matches to youtube once it's over! Remember, these wins count towards SoCal PR.

Address: 18888 Labin Ct b206, Rowland Heights, CA 91748

$10 venue fee
$5 for singles

Times:
4pm: venue is open
5pm: side event (doubles/crew battle)
7pm: singles
IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL BE LATE, GIVE ME A PHONE CALL ASAP

Venue fee waiver:
$5.00 off venue fee for bringing setup (Wii U with smash 4, gc adaptor, Dreamland, and all DLC characters)
YOU WILL ONLY GET THE WAIVER IF WE USE YOUR SET-UP
We'll have room for 8-12 set-ups, so we'll probably use it if you bring it.
If you're bringing a set-up, please come early.

Rules:
We're going to have at least 4 stations set up, each with a gamecube adaptor.

1) Game Settings: 1-on-1, 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
Double elimination, so there will be a losers and winners bracket

2) Available Stages:
Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Dreamland 64
● Final Destination
● Smashville
● Town & City
Counterpick Stages
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise

3) First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(1). P1 is decided by Rock, Paper, Scissors. A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set. (Match 1, 2, 3, etc.)

4) Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

5) NO CUSTOMS ALLOWED. Mii fighters are allowed, but only guest Miis with 1111 moveset.

6) If you can, bring your own controller. FOR WIRELESS CONTROLLER USERS: If your controller disconnects, you WILL forfeit that round, so please be wary.

7) Winners' prizes will be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and will be payouts of 60/30/10 percent of the total entry pot.(See end note)

8) Report all rule infractions IMMEDIATELY. If you continue to play the set, it becomes grounds for accepting the infraction, making it unaccountable. If the other person tries to force you to continue playing, put down the controller and let me know. The opposing player will be dealt with.

I will adjust the payout depending on the amount of PAYING entrants. Here are the changes:
40+: Pot distributions for top 4
50+: Pot distribution for top 5

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, contact me, David Mejia. Feel free to contact me through facebook, phone, or email. I might be busy, but I will most definitely answer or call back within a 24 hour period. If you're calling me directly, I prefer any time before 5pm, as I will most likely be working.
The day of the tournament, DO NOT TEXT ME. Please call. I will be very busy and will most likely not hear my message alerts.
CONTACT INFO:
email: dmejia@kogaminglounge.com
phone number: (909)242-3639

Juckle

Smash Rookie
NNID
awesomrgamermu1
3DS FC
2148-8204-4295
Sounds cool. I'll try my best to get either February 12 or 26 free so i can go.

GalaxyWing

Ascension
NNID
SkaiSong
3DS FC
5086-2324-1353
Hopefully I can make it to this. I've never gone to any tournaments before

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
My friends and I will try to attend this and subsequent Fridays. (excluding March 11th, as that's my birthday :p)

Qiom

Smash Cadet
NNID
Qiom12
3DS FC
4382-3384-7543
Guys, the venue HAS CHANGED. It is now in Rowland Heights, at KO Gaming Lounge. The address is 18888 Labin Ct b206, Rowland Heights, CA 91748

Jonathan Soto

Smash Rookie
NNID
DC_freak
I loved how professional the place looked :) will most likely be there this Friday

Qiom

Smash Cadet
NNID
Qiom12
3DS FC
4382-3384-7543
Alright everybody, we are changing this into a Tuesday weekly so please keep that in mind!

Top Bottom