- May 18, 2014
- Charlotte, NC
- 3DS FC
***JUST A DISCLAIMER!!!!!***
There is NO NEED for additional set ups to be provided by the general public. This will not reduce/eliminate venue fee
Ladies and gentlemen, we are happy to finally get our foot out the door with a Super Smash Bros. Melee and Project M monthly exclusive to the Smash it Again! flag!! This will continue to become a regular event with a side event prepared for every month. We're excited to see this grow to be as big as our bi-weekly which will now focus on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!!!
We do have a YouTube account so that people can watch and review their matches from previous tournaments. We try our best to provide ample quality on all of our videos, and we hope you enjoy what we've got on our channel! Click the button to navigate directly to the channel.
12:30 Doors Open/Registration Starts
1:30 Project M Bracket Starts
3:00 Pokkén Tournament Bracket Starts
4:00 Melee Bracket Starts
7:00 Money Matches Allowed
Located about 15 minutes away from UNCC and practically in the same parking lot of the Concord Mills Mall, this is the ideal location for all your new, retro, card, and board gaming needs. Concord Mills Blvd is directly off I-85 as well so it should be easy enough for you travelers to find. There is plenty of food in the area including Steak & Shake, Chic-Fil-A, and of course the food court in the mall. While no outside food or drink is allowed in the venue, they do offer drinks and simple snacks at a very reasonable cost. Also, be sure to keep your language and behavior family friendly. We will continue to hold Smash tournaments here, so show them the best our community has to offer. It's important to note this is a high traffic area so be sure to keep that in mind when you’re heading to and from the event. Be sure to like and follow their Facebook page by clicking the image.
- As a guest, be sure you clean up after yourself and leave no messes behind
- Any person(s) caught vandalizing store property i.e. tournament equipment, items for sale, etc. will be responsible for any and all charges to replace the items and may have charges pressed onto them based on the severity
- Absolutely no drugs and alcohol on the premises. If we see any, we’re sending you home packing
- If you’re called on to play a match and you’re not present, you have 10 minutes to show up or else you’re disqualified from your match. A timer will be enacted on all bracket matches
- Coaching in any way, shape or form during a player’s match is prohibited. That includes in between games and sets. Giving advice to a player after a match when they’re on standby is completely legal. There is a three-strike system enforced to any violators
- A T.O. set up is located straight ahead from the doorway. Anyone with a “Tournament Organizer” label or “T.O.” label can touch the equipment. Anyone else DOES NOT touch the brackets or equipment
- It is the job of both players to report their matches. Please stay alert and on top of things when reporting matches to ensure efficiency
- Money matches are to be played ONLY during the break time. If a T.O. finds a set up being used for a money match during bracket time, both players will be disqualified
- Any disrespectful actions and comments to players, staff, outsiders, etc. will result in an escort off the premise
- If there are any disputes about the rules or even a match, feel free to consult a T.O. at any time during the tournament
- A T.O. may allot more time in the event you bring it to their attention but it is at their discretion and are not required to do so
Venue Fee - $5
-All money goes directly to Play It Again to help improve our gaming experience and the store.
Event Fee - $5 per tournament entry/$2 per side event
-$5 will go into the pot for each event you enter. Active events are available for Project M and Smash for Wii U, and usually a side event that is voted upon by the people beforehand. This can be anything from Brawl Minus, Silly Melee, amiibo, etc.
The Payout - Depending on the entrants for the event, percentages of the pot will be broken up accordingly.
-5th place tie-5%
-Winner Takes All (Typically side event payout)
Super Smash Bros. Melee Ruleset
- Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
- Items are disabled.
- Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
- Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
- Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
- You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players (Dave's Stupid Rule)
- A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
- Playing as Master Hand is banned
- Stage Striking is determined through rock-paper-scissors. Winner gets first ban; striking goes on a 1-2-1 basis
- Winner gets one ban in Bo3; no bans in Bo5
Fountain of Dreams
Project M Ruleset:
For everything, except the stage selection, we use the Apex 2014 ruleset, including character selection and stage striking. For those not familiar, the rules can be found here
Additional Rules to Consider:
- Playing as WarioMan or Giga Bowser is banned
- Any Alt. Stages not listed under the starter or counter list ARE BANNED. This includes any alts. (with the exception of Battlefield and Dreamland) and stages listed on page 2
Project M Stage List:
Green-Starter Stages- These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Green Hill Zone
Yellow-Counter Pick Stages- These stages are available only after round 1 is complete; winner gets 2 bans
-Fountain Of Dreams
Project M Character Texture Hacks:
Texture hacks are allowed. If you have your own build you would like to show off on stream, be sure to bring in your SD card! We only ask that you check your textures to ensure they are texture hacks ONLY and not vectors and changes to the original character model. For example, this R.O.B. texture is one that we enjoy using because of how creative it is and does not manipulate the vector and bone structure of the character.
Music: We also greatly encourage people to show off their music too since it heats up the battle. For example, we love other fighters such as Blazblue and Marvel vs. Capcom so we have songs from those games and various others. Expect some of your favorite songs or even completely random entries to be heard throughout the venue!
For our side event, we will be hosting a Pokkén Tournament tournament for those who have consistently requested this at the bi-weekly
Qusetion: Why isn't this at the bi-weekly? This would make much more sense if it was!
Answer: Yes, that's true; however, every single Wii U that could be potentially used for Pokkén Tournament will be running Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, practically leaving no space for Pokkén Tournament in the backroom.
- Matches are best of 3; finals are best of 5
- Rounds set to default setting
- Stage set to "Stadium"
- Skill Level set to "Off"
- Default controller option is Wii U GamePad; players are recommended to bring in Wii U Pro Controllers or HORI Fight Pads exclusive to Pokkén Tournament
- Players are automatically set to blind-pick characters and assists during round one
- Loser may change fighter Pokémon in between games; this includes supports and cheer types
- Winner is character locked after each round; support and cheer types may be changed if necessary