• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash IRC Channel Created!

Chakra

Smash Cadet
After much command fumbling and confusion, me and Suiken created a smash brothers IRC channel for all!:chuckle:
The server is mostly with casual smash players, but all are welcome to join.
Just go to our site and click the "IRC" tab, and change your nickname by typing "/nick " then the nickname you want to have.
We can explain more once you're inside :D

Suiken

Smash Rookie
Yes, please join to help this channel take off. Fastinyoh, I'm sorry that being on a different server deters you ;(.

Cheers ~

Suiken

Smash Rookie
Uchiha, were you using the Opera link? It was broken, but it's fixed now.

Don't have an IRC client? You can use Duke4 (<-- Link), a java based IRC client. Just click "Advanced settings" and enter in the server settings provided in the first post to get connected!

Good Luck :)

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Wow, I didn't expect to have such a large response on the first day! Although it's a bit small for now, the channel is, and always will be, open to all!

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
hey, that link works not only on opera but also fine with internet explorer...

server should be rizon though///
i can get at least 100 ppl there if u just switch servers XD

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Actually, we've had at least 3 requests for server changes, to different places.
I'll discuss it with Suiken in the afternoon, but I'm pretty fine with where we are.

Suiken

Smash Rookie
**UPDATE**

NEW SERVER, stated in first post!

Change your settings if you are already in!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm just going to bump this up for anyone who doesn't know it exists. There IS a Smash IRC channel, and it's going on right now. There's a lot of people in it, and we're all about some real-time, non-flamable discussion.

Join up, it's good times for all.

~Dac

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm just going to bump this up for anyone who doesn't know it exists. There IS a Smash IRC channel, and it's going on right now. There's a lot of people in it, and we're all about some real-time, non-flamable discussion.

Join up, it's good times for all.

~Dac
I'm still having problems with it...

Suiken

Smash Rookie
If your not sure how to use IRC, just google it up. You're missing out.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Lol noone go on it. If you even try and have a dissuccion about why online play will suck they will all jump on you becuase all the people in that channel are people who don't goto tourneys cuz there parents won't let them.

Oh yeah you get banned for saying LAWL. Don't forget to sensor your s's they don't like it when they read a swear word.

They think that the more people online doesn't effect networking.

n00bs.

I bet they'll come in here and try to own me, and epic fail.

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Lol noone go on it. If you even try and have a dissuccion about why online play will suck they will all jump on you becuase all the people in that channel are people who don't goto tourneys cuz there parents won't let them.

Oh yeah you get banned for saying LAWL. Don't forget to sensor your s's they don't like it when they read a swear word.

n00bs.

We banned you because you were flaming everyone, and making predictions based on absolutely know proof. Had you given a source, or maybe accepted other people's opinions, and stopped insulting people so much, we'd have let you stay. We did say that you should stop flaming people, but you continued to do so. Now you bring it to the forum, trying to shut us down because we're keeping the peace, and you think that IRC=madness. We gave you fair warning, you ignored it, so you were banned.
In addition, more people on one server would create problems, but multiple servers would fix that, and not everyone in the world will be playing smash brothers brawl online, if there is, in fact, online, at the same time. If anyone has proof that there's online smash for brawl, please show me, I'd really like to believe it.
That is all.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Heh, who cares about that banned nub? He was just plain annoying in the chat. The reason you're not allowed in anymore is because this room is reserved for people who genuinely want to discuss Brawl in an intelligent manner.

Anyone else who wants to join up, go for it. Real-time Brawl discussion is always a good time. :)

~Dac

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Lol yes I was flaming people.

If flaming people you mean, I actully know actully knowing how networks work (unlike you idiot) and giving proof yet you n00bs who are so desperate for online play were blinded by it.

Chakra

Smash Cadet

n00bs.

If flaming people you mean, I actully know actully knowing how networks work (unlike you idiot) and giving proof yet you n00bs who are so desperate for online play were blinded by it.
Talk to me via PM instead of flaming on the boards and IRC, and I take a nicer take on things, and we'll let you back in, instead of insulting people because of differing opinions, okay?
I, personally, am a fan of solving disputes through intelligent conversation, instead of imitating people on the IRC while saying derogatory things with Capslock on so they can get kicked over and over by the bot. :laugh:

Dacvak

Smash Ace

Nah, dude. It's all good. It just truly shows how unintelligent you really are. To be quite honest, I feel bad for you. Really, I do. But hey man, if you'd like to keep popping in the IRC to give us a small, expletive-filled nugget of joy, feel free to. It makes laughing at you all the sweeter.

Enjoy your mediocre life, riddled with grammatical errors.

~Dac

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
But hey man, if you'd like to keep popping in the IRC to give us a small, expletive-filled nugget of joy, feel free to.
Not me Im playing pokemon On my computer. :laugh:

Oh yeha and why the heck did you guys nake this anyways. Hub FTW. (even though i don't have it anymore =/ )

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Needs less bots kicking you for swearing.

Smash is the purest source of unadulterated anger and outbursts. XD

Also, I think about 90% of the people anticipating Brawl are more hyped about online play than anything else, so obviously they're not going to take too kindly to someone trying to rain on their parade.

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Profanity

Needs less bots kicking you for swearing.

Smash is the purest source of unadulterated anger and outbursts. XD
All you need to do is ask an op for bot protection(voice) so that the bot will not kick you for swearing, and we give it freely :lick:

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie

The ironic thing is that he actually doesn't understand how networking is done. More people online won't mean more lag when playing games, as it'll likely be a host-client service where a server is up on one Wii, doing all the calculations, and several other Wiis downloading the relevant information. It's all down to prevailling connection conditions/speeds at the time, how much stuff is going on in the match, the distance between the players etc.

All more matches of smash being played simultaneously online would do is add more joinable games in a server browser if they implement that, increase the speed of a matchmaking service (like the one in Mario Kart DS) to match players up, and NEGLIGABLY use up more Nintendo bandwidth. These kinds of things are very low in overhead and cost, though, so it won't be an issue. You might get the tiniest little bit of slowdown looking for servers, but it would be negligable, and there would be no effect for players in matches.

As for the IRC channel itself; come and join it everyone. It's got some pretty nice people, even if the antiswear filter is a bit annoying.

Top Bottom