• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Guilty Confessions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
Whenever I play someone that is really REALLY bad in 'For Glory'
I always play them over and over to up my win count.

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
I sandbag when I play against my friends because I don't want to completely obliterate them.

-Yasuo

Smash Rookie
NNID
AYoshiEgg
uhh, welll.... if im losing with :4sheik:, i camp the edge and spam needles >:)

SwiftZephyr

Smash Rookie
NNID
ElementalZephyr
3DS FC
3883-5807-4344
  • I occasionally play ZSS and WFT(female) only for shorts and yoga pants respectively even though i like and respect their character and playstyles
  • I actually like when either players taunt because it makes the match more anime and cool, not because its disrespect
  • Whenever im about to score a kill with Robin i scream "CHROM ON MY MARK"!
  • I wish Chrom was a playable character or atleast alternate costume (since they already have the model)
  • As unbalanced as they are, i wish Final Smashes were tournament legal because it looks incredibly cool and more anime

Last edited:

Jibbablabba

Smash Rookie
NNID
VGFanatic20
Smash 64: who's Captain Falcon, Samus, and Ness? oh I'm familiar with F-Zero didn't know he came from that. The heck is metroid? The heck is Earthbound?
Melee: The heck is fire emblem? Mr. Game & Watch?
it's thanks to these games that i'm a fan of Metroid and Fire Emblem. still haven't beaten Earthbound yet

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Smash games and fan projects that I like in order:
    • Sm4sh, Project M, and Super Smash Flash 2 are equals at the top in my eyes. Good paces, good competitive balance, good attention to detail, and continuing attention to their fans. I have a slight preference for Sm4sh out of the three, though.
    • Melee ranks next. I respect it for lasting so long, but I really don't think there's much reason to play it over PM anymore.
    • Next is 64 and Brawl, on equal terms. 64 is fun, but it's just missing too much compared to what we have now. Brawl, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it during its heyday - at the same time, though, its flaws can't be denied.
    • After that is Brawl Minus and Crusade, the two of which, their novelty wears off in about five minutes. Real shame about Crusade, too, because it would at least have potential if the developers started paying attention to it.
    • After that is Super Smash Flash 1, which is at least some fun even if only for all the bugs and bizarre 2006-ness it has, and at dead last is Land, in which the retro aesthetic does nothing to hide the fact that it's nearly worthless as a game.
  • I've grown to like clones, even full clones.
  • I think Fighting Polygon Yoshi is adorable.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
  • I remember a time my friend got me with a meteor smash as Lucas in Brawl. He won the match, he wanted to save the replay but I quickly pressed start on both of our controllers before he could save it. He got so mad he almost left my house lol Today, that was really dickish of me to do but we're not all perfect.
  • I ship mewtwo and lucario (not really guilty about that honestly)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4diddy: is my main and I like to kill people with D Throw U Air.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It turns out I'm far, far more vindictive about P:M Lucario than I already thought I was. I will teabag a P:M Lucario. I will rapid-pause against a P:M Lucario. I will break the ****ing console during the process of yanking the opponent's controller out if I have to against a P:M Lucario. The sheer amount of audacity the PMDT shows in his character design still sickens me.

Seriously, they have no excuse to make a character whose entire design philosophy is "ha ha, we gutted out your crutch character and left him a dead, withered husk, you silly casuals".

(I haven't actually broken any consoles. The thought had crossed my mind, though.)

Last edited:

Xperious

Smash Rookie
I am pretty much crap with anyone but Link and Zelda.

I've been trying out new characters like Lucario to learn their moves and weaknesses but can't really seem to do good except against total scrubs.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I thought I was a God at smash 64 and melee when I was little because my cousins (who were my age) could never touch my fox spamming dash attack, grab, and fsmash.. ..... OH LAWDY LAWD WAS I UP FOR A RUDE AWAKENING THE FIRST TIME I PLAYED IN MELEE IN HIGHSCHOOL LOL

Leaf-Puffy

Smash Cadet
Well i confess I killed many tiny cute creatures with Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. Especially in Adventure Smash on 3D version. Was quite sad with the earthbound music. D:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I taunt whenever I get the KO punch when playing a bad player, and I play as Mac just to screw around with bad players. Also, I SD every time I see :4falcon:because I play him like 25% of the time, and everybody spams his dash attack and grab.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I taunt whenever I get the KO punch when playing a bad player, and I play as Mac just to screw around with bad players. Also, I SD every time I see :4falcon:because I play him like 25% of the time, and everybody spams his dash attack and grab.
I must be the only one who actually uses Falcon's whole moveset, and creatively at that.

-

I get way too salty at people who just spam 1-2 moves, roll the whole time, and shield all the time.

:yoshimelee:
:yoshi64:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I used to roll a lot when I played For Glory

IWinToLose

Smash Apprentice
I use one tag just for when I play my main (Sonic) in For Glory so I can stroke my ego with the win-rate. I also don't stick around for any more than 1 match if my opponent doesn't seem to have the capacity to beat me. Sometimes I'll stay for 2 matches if they have some fundamentals. When I use other chars, I use other tags where my win-rate is much worse.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I absolutely love winning matches in For Glory against people who are easily better than I am because I get a lucky KO Punch while they're at a low percentage on their second life and I'm about to die. I save the replays of these matches and show them to my cousin so we can both laugh about how good my opponent is and that they still lost.

QQue

Smash Rookie
NNID
QQninja
I used to think I was a badass because I was a roller and my friends couldn't touch me... and I was the guy that downb and neutral b on Pika non-stop. ;-;

Crash40

Smash Rookie
Smash 64: who's Captain Falcon, Samus, and Ness? oh I'm familiar with F-Zero didn't know he came from that. The heck is metroid? The heck is Earthbound?
Melee: The heck is fire emblem? Mr. Game & Watch?
it's thanks to these games that i'm a fan of Metroid and Fire Emblem. still haven't beaten Earthbound yet
Off topic but... I REALLY hope that Smash 4 has the same effect for Xenoblade. >.> That game deserves more recognition.

Crash40

Smash Rookie
I play characters EXCLUSIVELY for how I liked them in there games, or how I liked there games. I REFUSE to play characters I didn't like in there games/didn't care for. Unluckily for me, I never cared much for the top tiers... :/

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
I farm wins on bad players in for glory.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I didn't know who Sakurai was or that he made Smash Bros until I started watching videos about Smash 4 pre-release, like Japan Time.

I've been playing Smash Bros since Melee.

Galacta Knight

Smash Rookie
Ever since the 64 days, I keep getting owned by good Fox/Wolf players that projectile spam. Smart projectile spammers are the only playstyle that gives me trouble.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would probably rather Lilac from Freedom Planet make it into Smash than a second Sonic character. I don't think either will ever happen, but I love the idea of an indie character being playable in Smash, and if a Sonic and Freedom Planet crossover can't happen, having Sonic and Lilac in Smash would do the trick.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Smash 64
- Only Smash game that I don't have physical copy of (Virtual console on my Wii).
Melee
- I look up Peach's dress on the Ice Climber stage.
- I used to reenact Machinimas on this game.
- I think Melee's ledge mechanics suck.
Brawl
- This was the first Smash game I ever played (and obliviously played it the same year it came out), so I get specific pet peeves with Melee due to bias.
- I like Fox's Brawl design better than Melee's .
- I've never had a problem with tripping.
- I thought Brawl hacking was a piece of cake.
- My friend told me Raichu was in this game by playing 1,000,000 matches, so I actually did it and was disappointed.
- I still looked up Peach's dress
- I thought they put me in the game, turns out that character was Ness (which is the reason I still main him to this day).

Smash 4
- I knew who Shulk was before Smash 4 was announced.
- I have no problem with the clone characters, I'd even let them return to Smash 5.
- I was sad when peach had a black hole in her dress and Rosalina didn't even have upper legs :(
- I raged my ass off when I found out Lucario was returning. It was late at night, super tired, so I started spamming Sakurai's Miiverse post about bringing lawsuits and stuff. I got the honorary gift on being in Bad Miiverse Posts all across the internet. Here are my direct quotes (note I did a lot of spelling errors due to immense rage and being tired) "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUU" "why did you put him in" "he lie the worst choice ever" "shoulve been mewtwo" "there will be consaqunses".
- Rejoice as I screamed to oblivion when I saw Mewtwo being announced as DLC.
- I always taunt when someone dies, whether accidental SD or I K.O. them, because I am a jerk.

Last edited:

cornandbeans

Smash Cadet
- I think I die a little inside every time I am shined off stage by Fox in Melee
- I think I die a little inside every time I am daired off stage by Falco in Melee
- I think I die a little inside every time I am wobbled by Ice Climbers in Melee
- I think I die a little inside every time I am edge guarded by Marth in Melee
- I think I die a little inside every time I get 4 stocked all by rests by the frame perfect 666XX puff in 20XX
- I think I die a little inside every time I fail a wave dash and air dodge off stage

so yeah, simply put im dead on the inside

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom