• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Guilty Confessions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweq32

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sweq32
I suck at any Smash match that isn't 1v1. I just can't focus on more than one opponent at once.

Rokuro777

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shocking_Bawls
I rarely grab at all when Im in matches, only when my opponent is doing it is when I'll pick it up

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I despise every single meme that has been spawned because of Smash 4.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I main Link, i don't care about spamming projectals.
I probably over use roll, but i really try not to, and i actually play better when i don't.
I like the footstall mechanic for gimp kills.

GamerUnite

Smash Rookie
I have never owned a smash game...
Yet I constantly research the game and visit the forums @_@
Yes kill me now
(I'll probably get smash 4 soon tho) :p

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
People using Yoshi because he's better now kind of annoys me because now there's this perception that Yoshi players are annoying scrubs who go for whatever character is "good." Yoshi has been my main for better or worse (mostly worse because Yoshi has sucked forever) through every iteration of Smash, and I don't want to be regarded with the same feeling people get when playing a Little Mac.

This is 100% petty on my part, hence guilty confession. It shouldn't annoy me what people might think about me for my main, but consarnit it certainly does.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
People using Yoshi because he's better now kind of annoys me because now there's this perception that Yoshi players are annoying scrubs who go for whatever character is "good." Yoshi has been my main for better or worse (mostly worse because Yoshi has sucked forever) through every iteration of Smash, and I don't want to be regarded with the same feeling people get when playing a Little Mac.

This is 100% petty on my part, hence guilty confession. It shouldn't annoy me what people might think about me for my main, but consarnit it certainly does.
This. Exactly this to the letter.

Others;

Diddy was one of my most hoped for newcomers in Brawl speculation despite the fact I only played my first Donkey Kong game last year, and it was Returns. I've since played Tropical Freeze and DKC1 and 2.

Any time anyone picked Marth in Melee, I always thought of them in the same way as the above post describes the general consensus towards us Yoshi mainers. I mean hardly any westerners had heard of Marth or Fire Emblem prior to Melee, so seeing so many players made me suspicious.

During Smash 64, I literally only knew Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Link of the playable characters. Samus, Fox and Kirby were wasted on me, let alone Ness and Falcon.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Gonna add some more(they became more prevalent as time went on)

This is all mainly what I do in For Glory:
-When I lose in battle, I will either accept the loss or go crazy and yell and say stuff like they "hacked" when in reality I just sucked and the opponent was just far more skilled.

-When I go against someone who is not as "good" I "dumb" myself down to their level(i'm horrible).

-At random times I will get bored and just run from end to end of the stage during battle(I know there's a for fun section for that stuff, but it happens lol). Most of the time my opponent joins in and we literally just "play fight" even though it's a for glory match. lol

-I use smash attacks a lot more than tilts.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
When I lose to a stage hazard, I furiously go do something else because somebody will die if I stay in that mood. I lost to a stage hazard when trying to do all star with Olimar. Three times.

Oh, and I could have gotten the Golden flag on the mechanical menace event. If the game didn't keep the clock running during the unnecessary ~slow motion~ death. .05 seconds.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hate that Sonic is a good character because of what people think of people who play him. I was gonna use him regardless of tier, just like Pit.

I also really hate Sheiks because it almost always ends in Sudden Death.

Reyan

Smash Rookie
-I've only played Melee a couple of times and I only used :kirbymelee:
-I really wanted :4duckhunt: to be in Smash 4 and love the fact he is in it.
-I have gotten 2 stocked by :4peach: 99% of the time I play against her. As of this day I have never taken a match from her.
-While I didn't play much of it, Smash 64 was the smash game that got me hooked on the series.
-I love :4lucina: so much and yet I prefer playing as :4marth:
- I hate that the Koopalings are in Smash 4
-Whenever I played Brawl, my friends and I would only play in Final Destination
-I've only beaten Subspace Emissary on Easy

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
-I rage-quit every time I lose to a CPU.
-I didn't know :snake: :GCD::GCB: could stick to people until I saw a Brawl tourney highlight vid.
-:pictochat: is my favorite Brawl original stage.
-I don't own a copy of Melee.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I hate yoshi and a majority of the new comers because of how stupidly unfun they are to fight against. The characters have stupid quirks or are just plain frustrating to fight. Yoshi in particular is one of my least favorite characters in the game with how absurd he is online. It's like the devs just wanted to make the most rage inducing, frustrating, hard to fight, stupidly designed experience.

Redying

Smash Rookie
NNID
redying
I get a kick out of going into a For Fun free for all and making impromptu alliances with players. A couple of times I got a three man Ganondorf team that would gang up on any newcomers, and eventually one player would follow the phrase "if you want beat 'em, join 'em" and it'd turn into a Warlock Punch free for all. But I enjoy the 3 on 1s most of all, so awful.

D

Deleted member

• I like the execution of Shulk's line, "I'm really feeling it!" However, I hate the meme because it made people who haven't play Xenoblade think that he is a guy that just feels instead of being a developed character.
  • I never play as Palutena. But if I do, I will probably spam her side-taunt just to annoy my opponent.
  • I guarantee that if you are my teammate in teams, we are going to lose.
  • By extension, I'm good at 1 v 1s, but I am not too good in free-for-alls. I can't really target my opponent in a free-for-all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I have to actively remind myself that :4myfriends: exists, despite Path of Radiance being my first FE game.
  • Series I started playing directly because of SSB: :4fox::4pikachu::4samus::4falcon::4ness::popo::4marth::snake::4olimar::4shulk:. (I already had a copy of Xenoblade - I just hadn't gotten around to actually playing it.)
    • Related: I got into :4megaman:, Dragon Ball (and anime in general with it – hey, Goku's a lot of fun to play as!), and Tales of... thanks to Super Smash Flash 2, and :4duckhunt: thanks to Crusade.
  • When I was a little kid, I thought :link64:'s tendency to stand there and do absolutely nothing on Very Easy Classic mode was threateningly scanning the opponent.
  • I was already into the :4gaw: series before Melee.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
My roommate play Smash frequently, and we always set the stage selection to "turns" for equality and all that.

While we play with no items, he loves to play on stages that murder you while I always choose neutral stages.

I get pretty frustrated when I lose to the stage itself, not because I lose, but because he accepts it as a genuine victory.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
When I first got Melee as a kid, I didn't recognize any characters. No, not even Mario. That's because before I had a Gamecube, I only had a GBA with a few games. Other than Melee, my first Nintendo game was Super Mario World on GBA.

Smash Bros. got me into every Nintendo series I play. I haven't bought any Nintendo games from a series that wasn't in Smash Bros. At least none that I can really remember.

I use the Wii U Pro controller for Smash Wii U. (Mostly due to my lack of an adapter.)

I never bothered with shield grabbing until Smash 3DS. I didn't even know you could do that.

I only started using the C-Stick for attacks a few months ago.

I don't have a main, never have, never will.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
- I get furious when someone spams any move more than 4 times in a row. If I'm playing with 4 people and one of them starts spamming a move, I try to get them to lose at all costs.

At. All. Costs.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Oh boy...

I don't have Smash 64, and even though I do own the N64, I don't plan on getting this version of Smash.
When I was a little kid playing Melee... I thought that Marth was speaking Spanish.
In both Brawl and Smash 4, I love to play as Kirby and goof around, eating items.
I hate Villager's Racer 6 Shirt alt for some reason.
I REALLY HATE meteor smashes/spikes or whatever. I feel like it's a cheap and unfair way to KO someone... And I can never seem to pull it off myself...
The reason for the above is a confession in itself. I was convinced into playing an online match with a friend, and when we were on the same team, fighting CPUs, it went fine. But when we fought each other, I got beaten badly. They said it would just be a casual match, but they fought like they were playing For Glory. And they meteor smashed me off the stage. Twice. I literally had to tell them to stop, it was really getting on my nerves, and now it bugs me just to see people talk about it. And, to continue the story, after seeing that the match did affect my records (contrary to what my friend stated before the battle), I deleted my save data. I couldn't stand seeing Charizard (or anyone) listed as my Smash Sap. So I had to start from scratch. Talk about an overreaction...
And even now, I never play online with anyone anymore, and I always quit local matches early if the CPU is about to win. Yeah...

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Tonight I was 1v1ing as Captain Fabulous vs a Jigglypuff. I perfect shielded a rest on the last stock and charged a down smash instead of Falcon Punching. I am forever ashamed...

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
If somebody online picks :4ness:, I quit when the battle ends and sometimes throw the game if they repeatedly pull that fire>dthrow>fair bull****.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i hate footstool jumps, i wish they were removed... i would rather have gliding/tripping than footstool jumps

they give the game so much BS factor... accidental footstools can save or kill people

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
-I love playing as Rosalina but I for the most part understand the hate people give me whenever I use her.
-I play Captain Falcon only because of memes
-I'm glad Robin and Lucina are in Sm4sh instead of Chrom
-I don't find PM to be as fun or as entertaining as most of the community makes it out to be
-I actually like Brawl :p

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
-I get this HUGE HUGE high that lasts for like a good solid 10 minutes from Sudden Death matches where I grab my opponent and disrespectfully pummel them 4+ times as Palutena and do her dramatic back throw and immediately stripper pole dance. If I'm PIkachu I pummel 7+ times and briefly stop... and down throw and immediately up taunt. I don't know, that feeling of power from knowing the fact my opponent somewhere out there is mashing buttons helplessly while he is watching his character get pummeled about to die when I am intentionally elongating his helplessness plus with that added cherry taunt right after, is something I never experienced in real life since I'm not an elite billionaire, and never knew I would have liked cuz I thought I was a "nice" person. But man. I didn't know until Sm4sh. That feeling of power. I get it now. I get all the bad guys in movies now.

-What's worse is that my little 9 year old sister picked up this habit and she too now greatly enjoys mad disrespecting in Sudden Death with me as well when we play For Fun together. For example:

Anyways, if I know my opponent is bad then I just continue to add insult to injury and Down throw as Palutena or Forward throw as Pikachu since it doesn't kill and follow up with maybe another grab. If I'm taking my time too long and a bombomb falls on me and I die first, I honestly don't get salty AT ALL. It's just SO worth it regardless. If a bomb falls on them while I'm pummeling... xD

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I like Brawls roster more than Smash 4s.
Hey? I still don't feel no guilt!
This thread is rubbish!

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
I get really grossed out by most of the peach and Rosalina community, and since they're my two most played characters I get to encounter that a whole lot.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I wish Wario never existed in the Smash universe.

I get really frustrated with, and lose way more than I'd like to to Little Macs who just roll, smash, and haymaker.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I thought Dr. Mario was a squirrel at first.

Don't ask.

_gold_

Smash Master
I didn't care about any of the Subspace Emissary cutscenes, expect for those with ZSS.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
...I have never even once successfully used Dancing Blade/Double-Edge Dance to the fourth hit.

I'm not talking about hitting or using it effectively. I'm talking about I've never been able to use it, period.

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
I've been rolling way to much. I'm working on trying to Pivot instead :c

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
  • Even though I play Rosalina quite a bit and like how she plays, fighting someone else's Rosalina is a pain in the neck
  • I hate Diddy Kong with a burning passion in both Sm4sh and Brawl
  • I absolutely hate Link because he's campy even though I play R.O.B. who's easily one of the campiest characters in the game
  • My 5 year old brother is learning how to play Smash, I let him wail on the CPUs for a little bit before absolutely murdering him. I'm such a great brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom