• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Guilty Confessions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I judge the hell out of people who only play top tier characters.
  • I was and still kind of am scared that people will judge me for playing Yoshi; I genuinely like Yoshies, and hearing how widely agreed it is that he's at least in a respectable tier spot made me worry that I'd have to drop him to avoid getting flamed. I'm sensitive like that. For the same reason, I avoided the spacies in Melee, MK in Brawl, and Pikachu/Kirby in 64, hardly even touching them in single-player modes.
  • I really like the character Roy:roypm:... Even though I've also never played a Fire Emblem game as far as I remember. Melee always gave him such a cool vibe (Dat stance, duh fihuuur, the taunt) and from what I've seen, he seems to be pretty cool character in general.
Same here. Even though I do know why the FE fandom tends to hate him, often considering Binding Blade the worst entry in the series, I find it very, very difficult to not like him and I hope his game gets put on the Wii U VC anyway.

Last edited:

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
So I found myself guilty of some things in Smash (4) and I thought I'd make this thread so we can all laugh at each other's crimes.

My confessions:

I'm great with all the Fire Emblem characters... I've never played a Fire Emblem game...
Stop what you're doing right now and go buy a Fire Emblem game for whatever system you have. Since this is the Wii U forum I'm assuming you have one, which means you need to go to the Virtual Console and download FE7 right now. It's only like $8 dollars.

Anyways, my guilty confession is I didn't beat the Final Event in Melee, I had to use a memory card trick and borrow my friend's save data.

I stopped playing as Link in Brawl once I got Toon Link. I felt bad ,because he's been my main in every other game (well, 2nd or 3rd main in 64).

Armah

Smash Rookie
NNID
Armah1337
I yell alot when I'm being REKT. I'm generally salty when it comes to playing against ranged characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I judge the hell out of people who only play top tier characters.
Do you mean "people who only play top tier characters because they are top tier", or just anyone who plays a lot of top tier characters regardless of reasoning?

I play :rosalina::4sonic::4megaman::4yoshi::4duckhunt:, but only because I like them so much in and out of Smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not guilty about any of this, but I'll go ahead anyway cause why the **** not?
•I honest to God don't like Melee. It's my least favorite in the series.
• I despise Project M.
• I don't think the GameCube controller is that good.
• I like Brawl better than 4. Come at me.
• I made a bad habit of going completely ******** over my win rate on 3DS. I force myself not to look at my win rate on Wii U.
• I can't stand Sonics. They're even more annoying than Diddy's. If you could just hit him or grab him out of Spin Dash, I'd sleep better at night.
• I want Sakurai to rest, yet I do kinda almost possibly want DLC.
• I instantly leave if I see a Japanese player. They're either gods or utter trash, but never in between.
• I couldn't care less about Mewtwo.
• One of my favorite pastimes is listening to Fox's voice clips. "FYYRRRE!".
• I'd take Rosalina & Luma over the Ice Grabbers without looking back.
• I despise Dark Pit, Lucina, and Toon Link, yet Dr. Mario is quite possibly my favorite addition to Smash ever.
• I play as Jigglypuff because 95% of its animations are taunts. And cause it's fun as hell.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
  • Unlike with Mario, who I had history with ever since Smash 64, I chose Shulk to be my main on a whim and ended up sticking with him ever since. While I don't regret choosing Shulk as my main, I felt cheated because with the past games I've always played dozens of matches with the whole roster to see if they felt any better than Mario in that particular game.
  • With the exception of Marth/Lucina and Robin, all my secondaries/practiced characters are either those presumed low/mid tier who are suddenly dominating tournaments and rose through the ranks (like Luigi and Pikachu) or high tier characters whom I lost to that I want to learn to beat (like Sonic and Diddy)
  • While I should stick to Shulk and learn on getting better with him, I constantly have a fluctuating secondaries list that changes in characters AND size weekly ever since 3DS international launch.
  • I have some unexplainable hatred towards small floaty characters like Kirby and Puff because of how differently they feel to face against even compared to extremes like Mac. I don't hate the players who use them though, instead I respect them for being able to use who I cannot.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I get annoyed when people only use one character the whole time for several matches. Show some variety!
- While I was never one to support Toad as a character, I would totally 100% support Shy Guy to be playable if I could. Naturally I have at least some sense to know that it's never going to happen.
- I apparently can't Short Hop with Shulk for some reason. I can with Pit, Rosalina, Robin, and such but Shulk just goes full jump for some reason.
- I'm no good with :4sonic:. I fumble with the buttons whenever I try the Spin Dash to Jump to Aerial combo that everyone else is great at pulling off.
- I have a problem of not shielding when I should or letting go of the shield too soon and getting wrecked by it.

Has seriously no one here confessed to looking up one of the female characters' dresses yet? Yeah, I'm talking to you! That black void under Peach's dress didn't just go and discover itself!
I think the Japanese 3DS livestreamers discovered that for us. If it helps, I sometimes bring up :4palutena:'s Alt trophy and just stare at it.:b: It's a nice pose. :L no idea why that would help honestly...

Hikisaka

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hikisaka
So I found myself guilty of some things in Smash (4) and I thought I'd make this thread so we can all laugh at each other's crimes.

My confessions:

I'm great with all the Fire Emblem characters... I've never played a Fire Emblem game...

I have never (yet) beat classic mode with any character on level 9. I only beat it on level 7.5 and lower. And I really want to try Master Fortress.

I played every Smash game that was ever out except for 64 which I played on an emulator. Until Smash 4, I never heard of Crazy hand.
you didn't unlock final destination in melee? o.o;

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even though I'm guaranteed to get her, it upsets me and somewhat depresses me that someone is buying Rosalina Amiibos purely to deprive people who like the character. Even if the story is all a big hoax in the end, it upsets me because I actually see a lot of people who don't like the character get pretty extreme about it, and this is just a big example.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I never played for glory and I think I never will
I say I don't care for completing things but I'm 19 panels away from completing all the challenges in ssb4
I don't care for Mario but I like Dr. Mario even more than Mewtwo.
I don't care for amiibos, but I really thinking of getting a Shulk amiibo when they come out.

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
- I main Palutena, yet I've never played Kid Icarus. Same things for my secondaries PacMan, Robin, Lucina, MegaMan, Shulk.
- I sometimes blame lag for my losses, even though I know it's my own fault
- I didn't know who Shulk was before smash 4
- I think Wolf, Lucas, IC deserve more their place in the roster than Mewtwo
- I don't understand the hype around Ridley being playable
- I want Knuckles as a newcomer (old Knuckles, not the one in the Sonic Boom games), but it's a dream...
- I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I do some odd movements, I almost always look my controller like "C'mon what are you doing? I press the good inputs and you do s***?"

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • With the announcement that Wii games are being added to the Wii U virtual console, I do hope Brawl is added, despite it being my least favorite entry in the series for several reasons.
  • I enjoy Ice Climber as a game and really wish Smash boosted :popo:'s popularity enough to justify making a sequel.
  • I think the Sonic series deserves a second rep. Preferably Tails, since he was part of the EGM hoax that got :sonic: in the roster in the first place.
    • For the same reason, I don't like that he's basically lowest-priority in the characters being considered for P:M.
  • I use the Stage Builder to design locations for my novels. And of course I have Mii Fighters of my characters.
  • I despise Smash U's Classic Mode. It doesn't even faintly resemble the "Classic" structure anymore.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I guess my confession is that I'm pretty much awful as anyone that isn't Captain Falcon (I'm okay as Puff in 4 and Olimar in Brawl). The skill difference between my main and secondaries is colossal.

Last edited:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I have mained Link in every Smash Bros game and now feel proud the he is a respectable tier for a change and have that warm little feeling inside knowing that we have been together from the start and that everyone else who plays him is a band wagoner.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Hated :lucario:'s popularity, entry to Smash Bros, and "Karma-based" playstyle back then, but suddenly liking to play :4lucario:in this one. What a weird change of events. Also, I tend to camp a little in FG.

Last edited:

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I feel really bitter towards Rosalina when I see her online in any game. I just immediately associate the person as a gigantic pervert, and I feel bad every time I do that. It's especially frustrating because I like her as a character too, and I let the vocal minority of her fanbase ruin it for me.

Infact, I have a lot of characters that I associate them to a personality when I see them online in For Glory. All Little Macs are tryhards, all Mario players are 10 year olds, all Diddy Kong players are tierwhores, etc...

Oh, and I can get discouraged after a bad loss real easily.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I feel really bitter towards Rosalina when I see her online in any game. I just immediately associate the person as a gigantic pervert, and I feel bad every time I do that. It's especially frustrating because I like her as a character too, and I let the vocal minority of her fanbase ruin it for me.

Infact, I have a lot of characters that I associate them to a personality when I see them online in For Glory. All Little Macs are tryhards, all Mario players are 10 year olds, all Diddy Kong players are tier*****s, etc...

I don't blame you for feeling that way about Rosalina, The Fans ruin Lucina, Rosalina, and Zero Suit Samus for me. They always talk about how hot and how better they are compare to other characters in this game, it's annoying they really need to shut the **** up!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even though I'm guaranteed to get her, it upsets me and somewhat depresses me that someone is buying Rosalina Amiibos purely to deprive people who like the character. Even if the story is all a big hoax in the end, it upsets me because I actually see a lot of people who don't like the character get pretty extreme about it, and this is just a big example.
Man, I really don't give a **** what haters like mariotehplumber (or whatever the **** his name was) say or does, it doesn't change the fact about how much I love Rosalina a whole lot as a character and her overall appearance and I'm sure as hell guaranteed to get her amiibo one way or another whether this guy likes it or not. You shouldn't let him and all the other haters go through your head like that, let them say what they want and just **** it.

And as far as this thread goes, I feel guilty for not wanting :4darkpit: and :4duckhunt: in Smash Bros. They're actually fun characters to play around and I actually prefer Dark Pit over the original :4pit:.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Infact, I have a lot of characters that I associate them to a personality when I see them online in For Glory. All Little Macs are tryhards, all Mario players are 10 year olds, all Diddy Kong players are tier*****s, etc...

Unfortunately, I have that habit, too...
  • :4littlemac::4bowser::4link::4zss::4ness::4ganondorf: "The Skill Gate Six"
  • :4yoshi::4diddy::4luigi::4falcon::rosalina:; "No Items Fox Only"
  • :4megaman::4samus:; "Camping Trash"
  • :4gaw:; "Just wants to make teabagging sounds"

I really hate being such a sore loser/hypocrite. I do.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yep, right here. I have this problem in spades.
  • I imagine people who use :4yoshi:,:4lucario:, or :4sonic:online as low self-esteem tryhards who cackle whenever they take a stock off someone and only save replays of matches they win.
  • :4pikachu:: :GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB: I'm good at this game!
  • :4metaknight:: People who jumped the "MK iz broken lul" train a bit late
  • :4marth:: People who jumped the "Marth iz gud lul" train REALLY late and meleeskrubs
  • :4littlemac:: People who are STILL riding the "Mac iz OP lul" train
  • :4wario:: :GCR::GCB: What moveset?
  • :4charizard: (Purple alt): People who are still salty about Ridley being a stage boss
  • :4tlink:,:4darkpit:,:4drmario:,:4lucina:: Because original characters are too mainstream. (ie the same people who played as the clones in Melee)
Clearly, I have some issues with certain characters in FG...

Last edited:

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
I proudly admit being with the series ever since 64, unlike a lot of people I know who have started with Melee, Brawl or 4. I saw a copy of the game in the local Choices (small-scale video store essentially), and thinking of it as another Mario game to own, I pressed the parents to buy it only to find to my amazement that Pikachu, the guy from Ocarina of Time, Fox McCloud and a bunch of other characters I hadn't yet heard of were in the game too! Suffice to say, I fell in love with the series insanely quickly!

Ever since Brawl came out, I've picked Random as my main since there are so many characters to play as that frankly I feel it'd be a huge disservice to limit myself to only playing a small portion! Even then, I do still pick my favourites, and people may remember back from my more embarrassing days here at SmashBoards that R.O.B. was my self-appointed main once upon a time. Generally speaking, I enjoy playing as most characters in the series, but Mario, DK, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Wario, King Dedede, R.O.B., Duck Hunt Duo & Pac-Man stand out in particular!

Yoshi was the first character I ever played as in a Smash Bros. game, and it was due to a total accident too! I was gazing at Mario's animation on the character select screen and tried to pick him, but I smacked the control stick slightly down and selected Yoshi instead, who I then proceeded to play through the 1P game with, actually beating Master Hand on my first go as a kid! Since then, Yoshi's always been a character I love using, and I can proudly admit playing Yoshi before it was cool in Smash 4! *shotdead*

I got introduced to Metroid, Kirby, F-Zero, Earthbound, Fire Emblem & Xenoblade through Smash Bros. Out of these series, Kirby is the only one I actively play, though I intend to play Xenoblade once I can find a copy.

Playing Smash 64 was also how I found out that the hero of the Legend of Zelda series is not in fact named Zelda.

:4samus: is one of the characters I enjoy playing as the most, but the only Metroid games I've played are the original & Super Metroid via the Virtual Console. I rented a copy of Metroid Prime once when I was 7, but died very early on (at the Parasite Queen fight if I recall) and recalled it immediately.

I correctly predicted Meta Knight, Pit, King Dedede, Wario, Diddy Kong & Captain Olimar would make it into Brawl before it was officially revealed. The former 3 I guessed because of trophies (and in Dedede's case because I played Kirby 64!), the rest were ones I really wanted to see and was surprised not to see in Melee.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sometimes when someone on here annoys me I make a new Mii Swordfighter under their name, go to training mode, go to Robin, get Smash Balls, and then Chrom them to death as a stress reliever. Not even joking.

In slightly less petty examples:

- I hate when people whine about people taunting. It's what they're there for. And damn it, I'll taunt when I please.

- I enjoy the Gamecube Controller, but the Game Pad is more enjoyable, in my opinion. Not sure why; I just like the feel. And I used Nunchuk in Brawl because for whatever reason it improved my Olimar. *shrugs*

- I'd rather have the Ice Climbers back than have the 3DS version exist at all.

- Pac-Maze not being on Wii U upsets me. :(

- I suck at PPivoting.

- I like Dark Pit's playstyle more than Pit's, and find him a worthy addition. I can see him easily becoming the Falco to Pit's Fox in future games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel really bitter towards Rosalina when I see her online in any game. I just immediately associate the person as a gigantic pervert

.......I mean, like, they are probably a lot of girls that play as Rosalina, probably more so than guys.

Heck, enough people associate her with Elsa from Frozen, I'm pretty sure that alone makes 99% of her players online female, and possibly under 12.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
-Once I went to Special Smash with only Metal just so I could overcome the black void and see below Peach's dress in Smash 4... it was nothing special. Like seeing below the skirt of a metallic Barbie.
-I hate when people taunt me after a stock. But I always crouch taunt with Dedede after I stock them.
-Playing For Glory overall since it gets me in a bitter and salty mood when I play.

Last edited:

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
:diddy: was revealed as a newcomer in Brawl on my 12th birthday.

You can all collectively hang me now if you so please!

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I main :4yoshi: not because he's top tier, but because he's my fav Mario character and I like to hear him say his own name.

Me no lieks :4lucario:

I'd prefer a decloned :pichumelee: over :mewtwomelee:

Before :4bowserjr: was in Smash I despised the idea of him in the game because I thought he'd be a :4bowser: clone.

:4darkpit:>:4pit:

:4mario: really should change his Down-Special because I find Sunshine irrelevent now, but I also don't want him to have the Mario Tornado because I like :4drmario:'s uniqueness

I didn't know who :4robinm: and :4lucina: where before Smash, when I saw the trailer I even though :4robinf: and :4robinm: where different.

:4dk: doesn't have any creative special moves beside the Hand Slap, they just say "derp, donk kongz stronk", they could do more creative stuff like him throwing barrels and flying with animal buddies.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
  • I'm a scrub and a sore loser. I yell at the opponent, I yell at the game, then I yell at myself for being such an inexperienced idiot. I've been trying to restrict it to where other people can't hear me when it happens and I've mostly been doing a better job at that lately, but I'd prefer if it didn't happen at all...
  • Studying frame data intimidates me. As much as I want to be competitive, there's a point where it stops being a game or even a sport and just starts being math. Matchups, too, because ignorance is bliss and I really don't want to know when my character is at a hopeless disadvantage by the game's design.
  • I'm utterly obsessed with custom stages. Right now, I have 64 of them on my game, and dozens of others have been made and deleted in the past.
I can relate so much to your first two points haha. When I try and read up on frame data and other competitive aspects I just give up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda cringe when people get all up in arms about characters looking "sexy" or having even slight sexual connotations in their actions (e.g. Palutena's pole dance), or get upset by fanart of the characters in that light or when fans talk about them in that light. I find it to be prude.

Reason being that it's kinda obvious that Smash is supposed to have some little sexual references anyway, and it's fine and makes sense, because the game is rated 12+. It's main demographic is teenagers who are already developing a sense of sexuality. I mean, Palutena and Peach blatantly have their bra size kicked up a notch in Smash compared to their own games, so you can't say it's the fault of fans for being dirty minded.

I also hate the assumption that thinking a character is sexy or whatever means you don't appreciate the character "like you're supposed to". Not only is it wrong to say people have to interpret a character in a specific way (unless their interpretation is outright wrong and goes against facts), but the vast majority of people who are into sexualised fanart of a character or talk about them in that context DO genuinely like the characters and appreciate them for who they are and not just for their sex appeal. You can find something sexually appealing, but it's rarely the main draw for most people, especially in the case of fictional characters.

I mean, all you have to do to realise that is look at most real life relationships - chances are that if you are in a relationship and aren't asexual, you find your partner sexually attractive, but that doesn't mean that's why you took an interest in them. It's just a secondary aspect, and sexual attraction is often enhanced by genuine love as it is.

I know this isn't necessarily in relation to Smash, but it's a problem I see most frequently in the Smash community and especially around here.

Basically, liking the characters in "that" way is fine as long as you know the limits of how much/where you should speak about it, and to how explicitly you can talk about it in public. Also, as long as you can still separate fantasy from reality, it doesn't make you any more weird of a person either.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Teabagging and what it represents is disgusting, and if someone I play against locally does it, I will attack them in real life without regret.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
- I hate people who play top tier because top tier. It makes me feel like they're really bad smash players.
- If someone uses Charizard and keeps repeating the Flame blitz I would happily punch them in their dumb faces given the chance.
- If you use Little mac I automatically assume I'll get my a** handed to me.
- No matter how hard I try, I can never get good with Mario/Wario/Luigi. In fact, I feel ashamed whenever someone beats me with them.

Looks like I'm not the only one who has guilty confessions. Feels good.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
- I cannot for the life of me understand the hype surrounding Mewtwo. I enjoy Pokémon games, but I mean, it's Mewtwo. So what? After the Mewtwo reveal, people have been telling me that they completely lost it when they saw his announcement. Like, okay people, calm down.

- There is a vindictive side of me that hopes for Mewtwo to be trash.

- I couldn't be happier with :4darkpit:'s addition to the game.

- I think it would be weird for Snake to return to the Smash series. Seriously, why is Snake beating up Mario in my video game?

- I actually really like :4pit:'s voice. I think it's adorable and suits him down to the ground.

- I've never understood the hate surrounding :rosalina:, as I've only played her about four times.

- I still have trouble performing tilts consistently.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
- I cannot for the life of me understand the hype surrounding Mewtwo. I enjoy Pokémon games, but I mean, it's Mewtwo. So what? After the Mewtwo reveal, people have been telling me that they completely lost it when they saw his announcement. Like, okay people, calm down.

- There is a vindictive side of me that hopes for Mewtwo to be trash.

- I couldn't be happier with :4darkpit:'s addition to the game.

- I think it would be weird for Snake to return to the Smash series. Seriously, why is Snake beating up Mario in my video game?

- I actually really like :4pit:'s voice. I think it's adorable and suits him down to the ground.

- I've never understood the hate surrounding :rosalina:, as I've only played her about four times.

- I still have trouble performing tilts consistently.
I'm not trying to change your opinion, but the reasons most people are excited about Mewtwo are that he's the closest thing to an antagonist the series has due to the mythos around the first movie (which was still new at the time of Melee's release) - he dually represents the legendary pokémon and the villainous teams, both major portions of the series. Also, as a non-clone, he has a playstyle that was completely lost without a replacement upon being cut from a roster.

Again, not trying to change your opinion. Just providing some context.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Beyond simply being a cool character in terms of design and abilities, Mewtwo is one of the most significant Pokémon. He's one of the few to have a major backstory of any sort, and in particular, the first Pokémon movie in Japan was well known for being a surprisingly deep and mature movie (the English version dumbed it down though), even having a humble anti-war message to it, which Mewtwo himself served as the vessel for. He's a well developed character that represents a number of themes.

I'm not a fan of Mewtwo myself (though it's only by virtue of the fact I haven't been into Pokémon since I was a kid, so I haven't dabbled into Mewtwo enough yet). But that's what I can gather from those who like him so much.

In a lot of ways, I view him as the Rosalina of Pokémon.

In the context of Smash, it's just that some people think she is "undeserving of her spot", or can't figure out how to fight her and think she is overpowered and cheap because of that (even though it takes a lot of practice and focus to get really good with her, especially post-patch 1.0.4). Also, the assumption that all of her fans are perverts.

In a more general sense, it's because people haven't played Galaxy to the fullest and as a result view her as "Space/Emo/Blue Peach" (which only makes me think those people are blind because the two are not that similar in design beyond a few minor design traits) who is an "overrated character" with "unjustified popularity", they dislike how she is seemingly always one of the best characters to play as whenever she makes a playable appearance (Smash being a part of this), or they are jealous of her getting more attention from Nintendo and praise from fans over their favourite characters (a vocal minority of Daisy fans are the biggest culprits of this, and even quite a few Peach fans do it too).

Last edited:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
On the contrary, I never understood the fanbase for :rosalina:. She's a pretty minor character in the Galaxy games and only serves to create a bit of story and act as a checkpoint. Her other appearances are basically mirroring Daisy, except while Daisy is sporty and has a niche appeal there, Rosalina is basically Space Peach. I get that you can like her design and the Galaxy games, but she's more of a plot element and stereotype than a character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the contrary, I never understood the fanbase for :rosalina:. She's a pretty minor character in the Galaxy games and only serves to create a bit of story and act as a checkpoint. Her other appearances are basically mirroring Daisy, except while Daisy is sporty and has a niche appeal there, Rosalina is basically Space Peach. I get that you can like her design and the Galaxy games, but she's more of a plot element and stereotype than a character.
Actually, Rosalina added a lot to Mario Galaxy beyond "creating a bit of story". She's part of why that game was revolutionary not just for Mario games, but for the industry as a whole. While the rest of the game was revolutionary for gameplay reasons, Rosalina was what made it revolutionary for story telling reasons. Her story and overall character is also incredibly deep, dark (in a good way), and complex, but manages to do so without being intrusive in an other wise light hearted platform adventure game, more so than in a lot of other games that attempt to do that with their characters, including a lot of M-Rated games. There are also very few video game characters I feel have as much agency as her. She's the first character of her kind, and a lot of other female characters actually ended up being excellent in a very similar way, such as Ellie from The Last of Us and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

Her other appearances also do not mirror Daisy, she still shows her own distinct personality even in other games, such as still having tender interaction with Lumas and being much more reserved than other characters most of the time. Not to mention still showing off her god-like powers even in Mario Golf.

People who can't see these things likely did not dabble into Rosalina's story or character all that much beyond what is obvious - which is part of her being "non-intrusive".

And again, her design is too different to Peach to call even associate her as just being a lazy reskin of her.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
- I believe its the player's fault for not picking a high-tier when the opponent does, he has no right to complain. (He picked his own demise)

- Can't get rid of my backroll habit (when my opponent commits) despite the variety of punishes for it.

- I dreadfully hate my own main, because of how Nintendo portrayed her in Metroid OM & Sm4sh and because she appeals to the horny kids of this generation. (I love the character itself for being a mentally invincible fearless badass bountyhunter who has accomplished feats of gods)

- I can reach mastercore bossfight easy with 9.0, can't ever beat master fortress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom