• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash GIGANTIA - A Vienna Tournament

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
Smash Gigantia

After searching for a good location for our monthly smashfests, we stumbled across a big LAN-Event with over 300 people in Vienna. The whole thing takes place in a school.

After a few mails and talking a bit, we came to the conclusion that we can join this LAN-Party and host a tournament there.

Hereby we present a Smash-Tournament in Vienna: "Smash Gigantia"
(Just for the record: The name "Gigantia" is the name of the main event)

Original (German) Thread: http://forum.germansmash.de/thread.php?threadid=9704

Date

To be announced, but likely to be Autumn 2010. 100% in the holidays.

Place

1230 Vienna (Wien)
Anton-Krieger-Gasse 25

A school, free parking lots

Events:

• Melee Singles
  • Melee Teams
  • Brawl Singles/Teams (Sideevent)

Because Onishiba decided to host a Melee event, I decided to make a Brawl event. It depends on what the people prefer more - Singles or Doubles. Theoretically, both events are possible, but would be smaller. We'll see. The less Melee players register, the more Brawl will expand to being the main event at our tournament (no threat, just a note that this tournament is meant to be a Melee tournament, and if Brawl is possible it will take place).

Equipment

We'll try to get each and every TV we can get and offer them to you, however, it's up to you to bring even more, and especially important:

WE NEED CONSOLES!

Without equipment no tournament. We probably won't get around to rent TV sets, but we want to have to avoid that as much as possible.

General Infiromation

There will be around 100 attendees possible for the tournament. We most likely will reserve around 60 places for players from the German-speaking region, although chances are that we won't reach this limit. The other places will be free to book for participants from other countries.

Course of action will be different than usual, because we're, so to say, "sublessees", at the main event. So in regards to registrations we'll have to adapt to their system. However, there's no details available yet, we'll give you more details after talking with the hosts of the main event.

Important

There's absolute prohibition of alcohol and smoking in the venue.

Catering

Here we also will arrange ourselves to the main hoster. However, we have an advantage here: The host will probably cooperate with a pizzeria and is sponsored by Red Bull. We'll see how it will work out. There's a sleeping area we will share with the LAN-visitors, and sanitation is available, as well.

Procedure

- Not available yet -

Housing

- Not available yet -

Price

Here we will have to negotiate with the main hoster. Estimated, we'll have around 15€, this money will be needed for energy/sanitations/cleaning. Vienna has horrendous bureaucratic fees, so we don't know if that'll influence the price as well.

Bringing TVs will be rewarded with a discount in the price - the more TVs, the less you have to pay.

Pot is to be discussed.

Equipment

A stage
Microphones (to announce who has to play on which TV)
Beamer (Bracket and Finals will be streamed)

Interested List
(confirmen not possible yet)

- Austria
  1. kiw1
  2. NIN
  3. Pasi/Broken Brone
  4. Norm/Sagl
  5. Timi
  6. Bellucci
  7. Gheb
  8. Serpit
  9. Fox128
  10. Onishiba
  11. Morph_Blue
  12. RJ
  13. Lukas
  14. Eschi
  15. Alyr
  16. Zephos
  17. Phantasma
  18. 1337man_dan
  19. Tomarkus
  20. Ares
  21. Jun
  22. Myke
  23. Mirror
  24. l!nk
  25. Luigi_Player
  26. the_dom
  27. Rapax

- Germany

28. Phex
  29. _Void_
  30. kJab
  31. Mox
  32. Strip
  33. milkman
  34. Tero
  35. UCK
  36. Ice
  37. Timo
  38. Zettroxx
  39. Esper
  40. drug_duck
  41. Till
  42. Wuschel
  43. Sykes
  44. Solar
  45. thiefbug

- Switzerland

46. P!z@

- France

47. Mahie
  48. porc
  49. Wii Lee
  50. Shloub

- UK

51. Fuzzyness

I'm Kiw1 btw. thanks to Onishiba 4 translation. He's the Co-host, we're going to work together

STEP IT UP! LET THIS BE A HUGE TOURNAMENT

It's up to you guys =D

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
calm down dude !!

1. I'm CJ (Captain Jenny) and
2. IF you would like to put "milkman" in there pls. avoid the captial letter, I never had it like this ^^

It's not a problem related to saving money & stuff, it's just about traveling alone and having less fun then I would have with my crewmates ^^

But I'll try to make them come there :)

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
calm down dude !!

1. I'm CJ (Captain Jenny) and
2. IF you would like to put "milkman" in there pls. avoid the captial letter, I never had it like this ^^

It's not a problem related to saving money & stuff, it's just about traveling alone and having less fun then I would have with my crewmates ^^

But I'll try to make them come there :)

it was just a joke. =D

btw. 'sup? get interested! i don't get the location if there are to less ppls interested.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
not really interested till the end of septembre, when I gonna meet Tiza, Jonny, Dennis, Flava & Queen again ^^

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
bump.

need more interested people, between the 1st-4th i'll take a look on the venue and will probably book it.

then i'll have a date.

but still, i should have 50 interested people.

porc

Smash Journeyman
I would love to do a little trip to Vienna :o

I hope it'll be in holidays at the moment

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
The Location is confirmed.

15€/person is pretty sure, we'll have a lot of technical support.

Your Controller is going to be marked, as well they don't want to see visitors suddenly bring their own Controller and suddenly play. But it's only a Paper/Plastic thing on the cable, which can be removed easily after the Tournament.

Well dunno if it's nessecary here: but still, we need TVs. Please don't forget that.

IN the venue there's a catering service, pretty cool. But it's no problem to visit a supermarket ("Billa" in Austria) or other restaurants, you can also get chinese food, pizza and schnitzel (we'll order it for you)

Internet access is no problem, maybe you can use a computer there (maybe) and you can get WLAN access with your mobilephones/ipods whatever.

Last but not least:

There'll maybe be a guy who can install you a modchip, but you have to pay in advance, i don't know yet the price/modchips that are going to be available.

ok sorry im really really tired, so i hope you'll understand everything i wrote cause i can't really check it right now.

get interested get hyped.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
nope, it's a school, so we've to wait till they announce which days are holidays in autumn.

E: could you maybe post it on the french melee forum?

very less people are interested atm =/

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
well gets better, but i still miss the dutch and sweden guys, well i hope they will get interested as soon the date is confirmed =D

Top Bottom