• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Finishers, Volume 4

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Team Moves!

Fox and Falcon - First damage them. Next, have Fox use his reflector to damage/hold the enemy in place. As he's doing that, Falcon can Falcon Punch the other guy out.

Pikachu and Mario - Mario uses his super jump punch, and Pika uses Thunder. Quite deadly.

Jigglypuff and Kirby - Constantly drill them. Then have Kirby swallow the character and send him/her at Jigglypuff. Jiggly uses Sing. If necesarry, as Kirby, stop the char from moving. Finish it with Puff's Rest.

Samus and Ness - Samus throws 'em towards Ness, who gives 'em the bat. Next, Aran charges the charge shot. Ness does what he needs to do to put the char in the line of fire. Samus fires. You can do the opposite, and have Aran keep the char in place. Ness uses PK Thunder and strikes himself into the char.

Luigi and DK - DK pours on the damage. Luigi uses Super Jump Punch when close.

Yoshi and Link - Bombs and Eggs to damage them. Either use one of their Smash Attacks, or having Yoshi send the char at Link. Link strikes 'em with his Spin Attack.

Link and Samus - Throw them constantly for a while. Then have Link annoy 'em with Bombs. Samus CAN join in if she wants to. But otherwise, have Samus use her Charge Shot at full power. If Samus does bombs, Link can do his backthrow, then finish 'em off with either Smash A or Downthrust.

Falcon and Jigglypuff - Have Jigglypuff use Sing-Pound combinations. Falcon can Falcon Punch 'em out. You can also beat 'em up with Falcon, and have Jigglypuff use rest.

Fox and Luigi - Have Luigi throw them into a wall. Fox uses Smash A. Luigi uses Smash A. Fox uses Smash Up A.

Mario Bros. - Damage 'em with fireballs with Mario. Luigi waits till he has a chance for any Smash Attack, or SJP when close.

Samus and Falcon - Falcon takes 'em on, while Samus drops multiple bombs. Samus throws, Captain uses Falcon Kick. Samus then uses weak charge shots, or full. If weak CSs, then use Falcon Punch.

Kirby and Yoshi - B attack with Kirby, but spit 'em out. Yoshi does Down A in air, and then swallows 'em. Kirby pours on the damage however he wants. Yoshi does his Forward A in air, sending the person up. Next, use the Final Cutter. Yoshi smacks 'em out, or does A a few times. Kirby then smacks 'em out with any Smash Attack.

Kirby and Kirby - Gain the opponents power for ONE. The other swallow and spit. The Copied Kirby uses Air Down A. Kirby does Smash A.

Luigi and Luigi - Fireballs. Kicks. Double SJP whhen close. (heh heh)

Falcon and DK - DK does Down B. Falcon then goes in there and beats 'em up. If he can use B w/o getting 'em out, he does. DK charges kong punch. Falcon throws 'em towards DK. DK does A or Smash Up A. If A, use your Kong Punch.

Fox and Ness - Have Ness absorb all the projectiles he can. Ness should be in front of Fox. Fox fires lasers constantly. Ness then attacks char. Fox goes in when he can and does his running kick. Ness down Air Down A, sending 'em up. Fox finishes the char with Air Up A.

Pikachu and Jigglypuff - Pounds and Thunder Jolts are the main attacks for damaging. Jigglypuff uses Sing. Pika uses Smash A. If not out, have Pika send them close to Jiggly for a resting kill.

That's the end. There's a lot more team combinations, try your own.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: HyperFalcon ]</p>

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice ones Hyper Falcon,how's this:
Kirby and Ness:Let Ness find a better Homerun bat than is own,let kirby swallow the enemy,swallow him out with A,and then let Ness use his Homerun Bat!!!!And there he goes,SKY HIGH!!!MWAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Falcon#1

Smash Cadet
I've got another one.

Mario and Falcon - When Mario uses his tornado move on an opponent they sometimes get trapped and you are able to do it a number of times before they can escape. While Mario is racking up the damage, Falcon can Falcon Punch them into the horizon. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's a pretty good one, guys.

Anybody have any ideas what my next volume should be on?

SLaKKiCHu

Mercury, Solace
BRoomer
LoL!! Wait.. I opened this back up so that you could post -that-?!

Fox#1

Smash Ace
Originally posted by SLaKKiCHu:
<strong>LoL!! Wait.. I opened this back up so that you could post -that-?!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Come on give the guy a break.

SLaKKiCHu

Mercury, Solace
BRoomer
Eh. I -did- give him a break by opening the topic back up against my better judgement in the off chance that he was going to attempt to make it's use worth-while. And come to find out, he wasted my time doing that just so that he could type 'I am not creative in the least. What other pointless nonsense should I ramble about next?'.

Well.. never again, Chuck! :D

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: SLaKKiCHu ]</p>

Kami

Smash Cadet
The only combos really worth posting are the basic ones - you'll never be able to pull the others off, and even if you did, you'd probably have been better off with a combo by one character that takes less coordination (aka Jigglypuff's dair, utilt, usmash or dair, down b as opposed to trying to hit the down b off of a throw).

Any throw + any spike

This works especially well with Ness, because he has such a long dair and it basically can't be recovered from at above 30%ish (it's hard to recover even at 14%, which is about what most throws do). Also, Ness is the king of throws, so he's good at priming the combo as well. Works with most characters.

Rolling behind your partner and using a projectile, ranged grab, or dashing tackle/fsmash

Most characters are great at this. The opponents, for some reason, never expect it. Ness' PK fire, Link's/Samus'/Yoshi's grabs, Jigglypuff/Kirby's fsmashes, most other characters' running tackle... they all work.

Running tackle chains

You and your partner take turns running at someone and tackling them. Works at mid percentages best, at low they don't stun long enough and at high they fly too far. Does not work well with characters like DK who knock them up into the air. Yoshi and Samus have the strongest tackles with respect to their delay, IMO.

These are way easier to coordinate than the complex ones that have been posted (aside from the "grab + smash/spam" combos, which are duck soup) and are generally more effective because they can be done while the opponent's other partner is attacking as well.

MonsterCC

Smash Cadet
Marth and anyone
Have the other just grab and hold the enemy and just tap A repeatably with Marth. It is literally inescapable.
Me and my buddy Ultemaj1c (who plays a Samus) did it during a Team tourney when we got them down to one life.
We smacked him until he was well over 400%.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nice job digging up a ssb64 thread from January 2002 and replying as though it were a melee thread.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was going to close this, but I reconsidered when I saw these team combos. They're awesome enough to warrant the thread staying open.

Top Bottom