• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Fest in MWFL!!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I'm hopping to get a tourney going on so I can actually play some without going 3 hours to a Gigabit event =/

the fact that if I do actually get people here and get to play and practice would be a godsend

The Date would be June 8th and June 9th

the ruleset would be as following

Door Fee: $5 per person

Singles-$5

Doubles-If Anyone Wants Doubles[$10?]

BYOC

Double Elimination

Best of 3 sets
Winners, losers and grand finals best of 5.

4 stock, 8 minute limit

Ties broken by a match on the same stage, same characters as the last two remaining, each with one stock.

Items OFF

Team attack ON

Life stealing allowed of course

Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking

Stage Banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

Mutual Banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.

Mutual Allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.

Advanced Slobs: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).

Double Blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

Singles stages:
Neutral stages: FD, Pkstm, DL64

Counterpick stages: All neutrals, YS, BF, FoD, RC, DK64, PPC, Kongo Jungle, JJs, GGs, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute, PkFlts.

Banned stages: Icicle Mt., G.Bay, Temple, Pipes, Venom, FlatZone, The Depths, Onett, 4side, Big Blue, MK I, MKII, and Yoshi's 64

the one thing I need to know is before people get ready to come if any,I need to make a attendance list so I know that only 2 people wont be coming or anything else pops up on my schedule wont interfere.So it might be the 9th or 10th at the latest.=/

My address is 522 S Monroe st,Beverly Hills,FL and im in the purple on this picture http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z91/FloridaMeister/FL-Full.gif
[Citrus County]

this is to find close Competition and also to partly Introduce myself being that im new here and nobody barely knows me =/

i could use help organizing this cuz it would be my 1st event ever that just I[or anyone nice enuf to] will be running

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Let's see, you are...
- an hour and a half from Orlando
- an hour and a half from Tampa
- an hour 16 minutes from Gainesville

Well on the plus side your drive is relatively short to make it to tourneys. On the other hand, you're just far enough that nobody's going to want to make the drive simply for a smash fest.

However, if you were able to start putting on some tournaments of your own, it'd be easy for all of CFL to get there and you'd likely have a high attendance. Just take note of how tourneys are run at the ones you've been to like Twilight Showdown and Gigabits. Use what works and improve on what doesn't.

Maybe you could turn your smash fest into a small tourney?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
If it's big enough...

I'd consider going.

Tourneys rock.

Just get Tournament Maker 2.1 and you'd be good to go. (I think)

Col Bol

Smash Champion
To this tourney from Orlando:

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 99.29 miles

To Dguy's Tourney (Same Date) from Orlando:

Total Est. Time: 46 minutes Total Est. Distance: 37.38 miles

Orlando residents would probably rather go to Dguy's tourney :p

--------------------------

The tourney scene is kinda packed currently:

June:
9th = Dguy's
16th = Pound
23rd = Gigabits 17
30th = Free

July:

7th = LTEC2
14th = FC
21st = (?)Gigabits 18(?)
28th = TS5

Green = Good
Yellow = Maybe (Major OOS)
Red = Bad (Other Tourney)

(As far as I know)

--------------

:p Just letting you know

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
you n00b, how could you forget that Gigabits 17 is on June 23rd?

(I predict that Gigabits 18 will fall on July 21st since they like to do monthly tourneys.)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
To this tourney from Orlando:

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 99.29 miles

To Dguy's Tourney (Same Date) from Orlando:

Total Est. Time: 46 minutes Total Est. Distance: 37.38 miles

Orlando residents would probably rather go to Dguy's tourney :p

--------------------------

The tourney scene is kinda packed currently:

June:
9th = Dguy
16th = Pound
23rd = Free
30th = Free

July:

7th = LTEC2
14th = FC
21st Free
28th = TS5

(As far as I know)

--------------

:p Just letting you know
sigh.

im so bad with picking places to move to huh?

then ill just have to go to Dguys event 1st and have mine whenever,\

or not at all...

Top Bottom