• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash E3 Presentation Recap!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle are certainly surprises, but seriously, no Saffron City!?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
So spent a couple of hours playing Lucas, Roy and Ryu. They all feel great.

I was never really a Ness or Lucas player but Lucas feels great to control and I feel he has some really good combo potential. Brawl Lucas is a foggy memory but PM Lucas is still in my mind and he feels just like PM Lucas to me. He's fast and has some really powerful blows. I really think they improved the range of the hit boxes with Down Smash and Up smash.

I am SO GLAD Roy is a semi clone and not just another Lucina. I think his reverse grip style slashes are bad ass. He also feels like a fast and combo oriented character. Blazer's horizontal and vertical trajectory can be changed with input direction so it is useful for recovery and linking into a combo finisher. Like the other swordsmen, his blade was shortened but he is fast enough to get in to take advantage of the power of his sweet spot while his sour spot provides enough hitstun and low knock back for combos and stun locks.

If you can manually pull of Ryu's Tatsumaki, Shoryuken, and Hadoken, you will be sending opponents to the screen as early as 80% for light characters, maybe 120 for the heavy weights. When I first discovered crouching short into manual Shoryuken was a true combo I did it on a For Glory Falcon and I believe he was at 105% when I star K.O.'d him. But yeah, his links from Street Fighter mostly work in Smash and he can hit stun lock Lucas, Roy, Ike, Capt and Rosa. That's the only characters I faced while on line.

With the 3DS screen basically full I wonder how they plan to add more characters.

Teyo

Smash Rookie
Why is Capcom doing this, don't they realize this will just make a bigger problem towards the fighting game community. Sure they'll make money, but Street Fighter 5 will make you more and keep their respect from the fighting game community.

No need to put their carriers at stake for a game like this. Now that it's true, hope they reconsider this monstrosity and make it a beta version only and when the release is there that he won't show up.

This is stupid I don't know where to begin, for starters Street Fighter DESPISES Smash the game and yet bringing Ryu in this will fix this problem, nope this will only keep the flame going, another stupid decision by Capcom. Well at least both companies have one thing in common, both companies make horrible hideous decisions as shown here. Thanks.
No.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I may get some hate for this, but I feel that content wise with the inclusion of Roy, Mewtwo, Dreamland 64, and Hyrule Castle 64 in sm4sh, there's not much of a reason to keep playing Project M.

If you like PM over sm4sh, more power to you :)

I just feel again content wise that since Roy and Mewtwo along with two significant smash 64 stages (that see use in competitive smash) are now in smash 4, people who had been playing PM just to play as Mewtwo or Roy and so they can play on Dreamland 64 or Hyrule Castle may no longer feel a need to boot up PM if the above was their sole reason to do so.
you have a point on Roy, Mewtwo, and the two returning stages, but from what I figured the primary appeal to Project M was the pace and gameplay in practice. it was designed to be considered a "true" sequel to Melee in the eyes of the competitive community. bringing back Roy and Mewtwo was from fan demand, but Hyrule Castle and Dreamland 64 were more for fanservice, as are recent update for 3.6.

there's going to still be plenty of incentive for folks to play Project M, as long as they stand by it when it counts most... which DOESN'T mean causing trouble with anyone else. that obnoxious minority is somewhere around here, just ITCHING to start an argument. *paranoia*

busken

Smash Ace
Yes, now i don't need a capture card to record my replays! I can't wait!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I like Ryu.

A lot.

But man I wish I could control him with a d pad instead of a stick.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
WAIT THE MIIVERSE STAGE IS JUST THE ONLINE WAITING ROOM WITH PLATFORMS AND DRAWINGS. CONSPIRACY? Probably not. Still, I am happy to see Dreamland 64 return and see the Miiverse stage. Now we have 3 versions of Battlefield - w8 did u sea tht m8os? taek a nut er loook. There are 3 versions of battlefield. 3 times 222 equals 666. 666 looks liek 3 fish hoks upside down. There was an episode of Spongebob where the played with hooks. Spongebob had a 3D animated movie recently. u no wat elz wuz a 3d animated movie? Shrek. Shrek wuz teh most voted charecter in teh smesh bellat. Who elz wuz voteed 4 in teh smesh bellat? xXx_R0y_r_boyy_xXx. Roy is considered 2 b a 3rd version of marth. 3rd = 3. Battlefield DLC maps 4 sm4sh Illuminati confirmed:yeahboi::denzel::4feroy:

Last edited:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
I HOPE EVERYBODY REALIZES THE RYU WILL BE MORE COMPLEX THEN MEW2KING'S MARTH

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy for the Roy fans and all, but Sakurai's logic on character inclusions doesn't make any sense anymore.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
(My reaction after watching)
Whoa... OK... Here goes...
-Miiverse legal??? Definitely looks cool
-Ryu A-Tier. Calling it now.
-Smash now has two Shoryukens (:4ryu:,:4luigi:)
-Dreamland 64 new Startville
-Hyrule Castle PLZZZ be legal
-Online tournaments YESSSSS!

-Wish I didn't have to go to a friend's house for suitable internet
Oh yeah and you can play as Isabella.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Took me a bit, but I went and downloaded pretty much everything. The bad thing is the eShop issues caused me to purchase them 6 times, so I now have $60 sitting on the eShop. I might call Nintendo and see if they can refund it, or I may just keep it.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Took me a bit, but I went and downloaded pretty much everything. The bad thing is the eShop issues caused me to purchase them 6 times, so I now have $60 sitting on the eShop. I might call Nintendo and see if they can refund it, or I may just keep it.
Same thing for me. I got off with just $40, but it still bothered me :/

MoKiller

Smash Rookie
NNID
SwordOfJustice17
Heihachi Mii Costume Set released same time as Ryu...

*suspicion of Jin Kazama in development intensifies*

Two Virtua Fighter Mii Costumes released as well...

*suspicion of Virtua Fighter Representative in development engage*

Last edited:

Deus

Smash Journeyman
New longer stringing combos in Smash 4! ...Assuming you're playing Ryu. Characters will have even more attacks than before, assuming that character is Ryu. I don't care how early it is, but he already looks broken as hell.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Why do I have a bad feeling RyuXX will soon be upon us.
Because he looks really good.
Like... really good
as good as he looks, I suspect he'll be MUCH tougher to use in practice. given it's going to take loads of lab work to determine the shortest you can hold the attack button for the stronger attacks, and then determining how they chain into each other...

so yes he'll be deadly when mastered, but unlike diddy before this, reaching that point will take a lot of work

Last edited:

Deus

Smash Journeyman
It just kinda of bugs me that the character they put the most time, effort and creativity into making is a 3rd party character...

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
I am SOOOO HYPED TO GET ROY AND RYU! :D I only have Lucas so far, but Lucas was first on account of me knowing how to use him the best (and being my Favorite SSBB main!) Ryu and Roy I plan on getting the same time! Ryu's Combo game is amazing! And Roy looks pretty fast, has great Combo game also, and he has the fighting style I like best! Up close and personal XD! I still will use a projectile at times, but camping always seems unfair against C. Falcon or Shulk, someone without projectiles :/ I feel cheap

The Dark Hero 64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMarioHeroes
3DS FC
0688-5841-0833
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:My favorite moments: Roy's comeback:4feroy::4feroy::4feroy::4feroy:
AAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAnd Ryu's trailer:4ryu::4ryu::4ryu: :D

Top Bottom